Sign in to follow this  
DJW

***Official UEFA Champions League 2012/13 thread***

Interesting competition this year.

Looking at the sides, you'd say that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Man United all have a good chance of going all the way this year. The chasing pack? It's Man City's second year at this level. If they progress from the group stages then who knows? Juventus and Borussia Dortmund both won their respective championships last season, and have improved over the summer. It would be a shock it either won outright, but you wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the quarter finals at least. And then there's Chelsea...can they do it again?

All in all, it's shaping up to be another great tournament, and I'm already looking forward to watching the highlights tonight!

I'm looking forward to this starting,

I'm sure it will be the same as most years now with the usual big guns being there come the end, Real, Barca, Man Utd and possibly Chelsea.

I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the other teams perform that have strengthed, Zenit, PSG, and likewise how will Benfica, Porto and Milan do that they lost a few key players.

Add to that Man City and Dortmund with more experience.

There should be a few cracking games, I'll still go with Barca to win it though.

I'd love to see a team like Borussia Dortmund go all the way, but they have an incredibly tough group. Since I am a Milan fan I am looking forward to seeing how they do. Allegri is under massive pressure and there are rumours that failure to win tonight could see him sacked.

PSG worth a shout?

Give them a couple of years and they'll be right up at the top, but for this year, I'd be interested in seeing the price of them not getting past the group stages.

Give them a couple of years and they'll be right up at the top, but for this year, I'd be interested in seeing the price of them not getting past the group stages.

The Ancelotti factor is mainly why I think they have a chance.

However I do think they'll have the Man City effect of last year.

Man Utd have improved with Van Persie and Kagawa.

Bayern have improved with Martinez, Shaqiri and Mandzukic

City have Tevez back and Garcia, Maicon etc.

Chelsea have Hazard, Oscar and on form Torres.

PSG with Ibra, Lavezzi, Silva and VDW.

Barca have Villa back and added Alba and Song.

Real have added Modric without losing anyone.

A lot of teams improving this year. I wouldn't count PSG out, definitely not. Haven't started brilliantly but if they can gel together quickly they have one of the best starting 11s in the world now.

I fancy Barca, Real, Bayern and a Manchester club for the semis.

Usual suspects: Barca, Real, Bayern, Man Utd, Chelsea.

Zenit St Petersburg might be this years surprise team and make the quarters.

Definitely, came to say those teams are the most likely by far.

I think Man City & Dortmund will disappoint again, as will PSG & Zenit IMO.

Wish I could put a bet on Arsenal put out in the quarters to Barca and then Chelsea to park bus v Barca in semis! Also Bayern Munich to bottle a final.

Giroud to score his first Arsenal goal v his old club. absolute stick on :lol:

Barcelona v Man U final