Aston Villa officially have a dig at us and Charles

Boab

That was nothing to be proud of.

As I have posted elsewhere on here, that match : 'was the first meeting between Aston Villa and Rangers for 97 years. What should have been a great day was ruined by the knuckledraggers that invaded the pitch. I was in the Witton Stand that day and all Fans there, from both teams, were outraged by the actions of those drunken idiots.

The upshot of this fiasco was a boost for Celtic's reputation in Birmingham. When the Dummies (Birmingham City) played Celtic with no problems from the Celtic Fans, Rangers' reputation sank even further by comparison.'

When in 1976 that friendly was announced, I was delighted and hoped that the game would be the first of many friendlies between Aston Villa and Rangers, at Villa Park and at Ibrox. Fat chance of that happening after the events of that day.

The Clubs have not met since and people were saying at the time (not me, btw) that they hoped the Clubs would not meet again for at least another 97 years, if at all.

Nothing would please me more to see friendlies between Aston Villa and Rangers, but I doubt if it will ever happen now.

Nobody can deny Rangers' History, 54 Titles and the rest, but there is more competition in England than in Scotland.

This is the record of Aston Villa : AVFC - Aston Villa Club Honours & History

Note. The Charity Shield was shared in 1981, between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur.

I lived in Birmingham 73/74 and went to watch the Blues after seeing villa v PNE...sure the game was Bobby Charltons first as manager for PNE and decided not to go back with all the ira shit and tricolours being sung and flown.............so my fellow bluenose, what you say is keech...............if you cast your mind back, they had never had such numbers as an away support and the irish flags that went on display in their end and the chanting caused the invasion to register our disgust also think back to the bombing of the Tavern in the Town and you get these cunts doing this.

So please give it a rest and quite frankly they are the only ones who would benefit from having a game against us............look at the empty seats on their stadium and taken in context CG hit the nail on the head ........the do suck money of the back of the Man Us.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa has Supporters who are Fans of Rangers and others who are Fans of Celtic.

What is true for AVFC is also true of other Clubs in England.

Within Rangers' Supporters there are some people who are Fans of and/or Support Clubs in England.

Other folks (probably most) just support Rangers, which is fair enough.