Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

If you believe in our Culture and Traditions and were vouched for, i would imagine that you would be accepted as a member.

And as I don't, will there be a revision to the slogan that they are defending the Rangers support?

To join VB you must;

1. Be vouched for, in other words, known to at least one member.
  2. Be a Rangers fan.
  3. Have PUL leanings.

Not all members are active in the PUL community, but share and sympathise with their views.

Hold on a minute...........Outlaw said I had to have a big tattoo done on my back as well. :p20:

So do you believe the Vanguard's are an exclusive organisation, not meant for all Rangers fans?

Quite evidently, the answer to that is no, and therefore I find it farcical about their slogan, which still no one has been able to clear up.

I'd support no organisation that doesn't see another Rangers fan as fit to join. That in itself is divisive.

I went to the Hampden march, I was outside Ibrox when Bomber was there, and I made sure

It would be nice if you answered some of my questions, as I am doing my best to answer yours, although it does appear that you are ignoring much of it. Again you are asking questions that I and others have answered.

If you were at the Hamden march, as I understand it, 6 of the stewards on the steps with jars one were vb. so, good enough for the club, but not you? The bomber thing, that didnt go down too well in the main ;)

Why does vb, in your opinion need to let just anyone join? When it comes to events, we work with the rfff, rtidni, the assembly and many others, that's a fairly inclusive setup isn't it?

And, again, for what purpose would you want to join? You are making it seem a negative that not everyone can, yet give no reason as to why you would?

It would be nice if you answered some of my questions, as I am doing my best to answer yours, although it does appear that you are ignoring much of it. Again you are asking questions that I and others have answered.

If you were at the Hamden march, as I understand it, 6 of the stewards on the steps with jars one were vb. so, good enough for the club, but not you? The bomber thing, that didnt go down too well in the main ;)

Why does vb, in your opinion need to let just anyone join? When it comes to events, we work with the rfff, rtidni, the assembly and many others, that's a fairly inclusive setup isn't it?

And, again, for what purpose would you want to join? You are making it seem a negative that not everyone can, yet give no reason as to why you would?

Could you please respond to my post on page 12 if you have the time mate.

This idiot being associated with the VB will not help your cause in any way.

Haha am I supposed to bite and say something nasty to that?

What does it say about rm then? Since I have been associated with here for far longer, and was an "official staff writer"

You could also give me an example of my outlandish and idiotic behaviour, in amongst all my courteous replies ;)

To join VB you must;

1. Be vouched for, in other words, known to at least one member.
  2. Be a Rangers fan.
  3. Have PUL leanings.

Not all members are active in the PUL community, but share and sympathise with their views.

Ergo many rangers fans may not get in if they don't know someone personally to be vouched for, simple

I think that the Vanguard Bears a great credit to the club and do give us a voice we've been lacking in recent years, it's the dedication to the club that makes me proud to be a Rangers fan.

However maybe a VB could respond to this, do you not think a better way of "rallying the troops" so to speak would be to be more inclusive and tolerant of Bears who don't share the same religious/political views, i can't help but feel the VB lot would be twice as powerful and effective if they gave the chance to others to help fight the cause.

I can't help but feel if Gogzy's statement had been different he'd already be signed up to VB by now but funnily enough a good bear is being left out.

We are a PUL website, Devlin, we don't hide from this title, it's who we are. We were set up to defend the traditions of Rangers, a club steeped in a Protestant, Unionist and Loyalist tradition, whether people like it or not; it's not for me to try a force my views down your throat.

The fact, we work closely with Rangers tells us we must be doing something right.

And as I said across the road earlier, each site contributes their own worth to the Rangers support. All as Rangers fans. No one better than the other.

And as I don't, will there be a revision to the slogan that they are defending the Rangers support?

Vb would continue to defend the club and support as it does, whether you are on the site or not. If it had to be as you suggest here, then what you are saying is, every rangers fan worldwide has to be a member?

Well, hopefully I am answering your questions? Don't think I have been anything other than nice?

You're doing a good job of answering my questions, it doesn't mean I particularly like the answers!

You are on topic, especially given the title.

How can you not want to join in it's current form, when you aren't sure what that is? I may be wrong, but I think yourself, and many others, think its just another football forum? Although articles and a lot of the detail in the op should show that it isn't.

I quite clearly know it's not particularly a football forum. I still follow what they have to say, whether it's through here or on Twitter, I see the majority of what they say or do. Based on the statements, blogs, etc, I don't particularly think it does have a great deal to do with football. As I've said though, I wouldn't want to join any Rangers site that is exclusive to a certain type of Rangers fan, and has very little time for others.

Rm is pro dominantly football first, and banter, always has been. Vb is different, as has been explained. There is the common love of the club, but it's proactive in doing, not talking. If that makes sense?

RM doesn't claim to be a Rangers Supporters group though, so I certainly do understand that. I don't see the need to be exclusive though, what about others outside the specific views of the VB's. Do you not believe you could possibly be missing out on bringing an extra dimension to your group?

That's why I asked what your expectations were, and what you would contribute. Wasn't me being funny in any way. Did you go to any of the protests organised? As an example. People actively meet up socially, attend various meetings etc etc. it's probably why you see more than one person if things get tetchy anywhere, friends look out for each other.

Unsure about what type, as, I am a member, so is wvb and we are very different. Most members are different, heated debates arise often, as they should. I would say the main difference is the desire and the drive to do something, not talk about it and never take action

That's the least of your worries, I'm still reading your personal statement, and putting together your initiation mission.

I'm still waiting for instructions on where to dump the last lot of bodies FFS.

:D

I've specifically went back and answered your questions, although I'm not sure it will add much.

I still don't know where you're getting it from that I want to join. I've challenged the criteria that is needed to be part of the organisation. Why does that mean I want to join up?