Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

...but do we have to take up an opposite religious view, or political view (or percieved views) based on what the detractors of the club may be (or percieved to be)?

.. Is that not allowing 'Them' to define who we are ??

.... do we really lack the wit and intelligence to defend our football club without having to also become followers of a big man in the sky (or even those wee gay lads in Downing Street)?

By all means, fight the good fight in your own way, if you wish to distance yourself from whatever you percieve us to be.

A lone voice is not as loud, and the bheast-minded will shout louder. You see yourself as a liberal, middle of the road, average Rangers fan, and will attempt to take them on from that standpoint. They still see you as a thick bigoted knuckledragging catholic hater.........how are you going to change that mindset? I'll tell you right now, you won't. They hate you as much as they hate Wilhelm.......and they certainly hate Wilhelm.

So what I am basically saying is.......... sideswiping every single thread about VB serves no purpose.

By all means, fight the good fight in your own way, if you wish to distance yourself from whatever you percieve us to be.

A lone voice is not as loud, and the bheast-minded will shout louder. You see yourself as a liberal, middle of the road, average Rangers fan, and will attempt to take them on from that standpoint. They still see you as a thick bigoted knuckledragging catholic hater.........how are you going to change that mindset? I'll tell you right now, you won't. They hate you as much as they hate Wilhelm.......and they certainly hate Wilhelm.

So what I am basically saying is.......... sideswiping every single thread about VB serves no purpose.

Oh ok then - lead me to the kirk , anoint me in oil (or is that them) and get me my membership of one of the Unionist parties (I assume you'll sponsor me in?) as I would hate Wilhelm to be hated on his own...... or I could lose a bit of weight and take the Ghandi approach, or Martin Luther King approach of peaceful resistance?

Or I could just keep laughing at how ridiculous it all is and in particular the McArthyesque approach that if I am no with you I am against you?

Rangers no matter how you view us has been shaped by the loyalist, unionist support! We're known the world over as a protestant club (I wouldn't say that is the case) but we are a unionist club and as WVB says, the taigs hate Rfc52 as much as they hate WVB, Wilhelm and everyone else associated with the club!

I will end my non political statement with FTP

Oh ok then - lead me to the kirk , anoint me in oil (or is that them) and get me my membership of one of the Unionist parties (I assume you'll sponsor me in?) as I would hate Wilhelm to be hated on his own...... or I could lose a bit of weight and take the Ghandi approach, or Martin Luther King approach of peaceful resistance?

Or I could just keep laughing at how ridiculous it all is and in particular the McArthyesque approach that if I am no with you I am against you?

There appears to be no more to be said.

You seem obsessed by religion, why the fuck you felt the need to make the comment about joining the kirk is beyond me.

Do what you fucking want, you are just a serial arsehole.

There appears to be no more to be said.

You seem obsessed by religion, why the fuck you felt the need to make the comment about joining the kirk is beyond me.

Do what you fucking want, you are just a serial arsehole.

ach better than be crabbit!

I don't think we need to know who they are.

Is the topic about names and social standing?

I'm just happy that a group of people who hold similar values as me, are doing the donkey work for us,and the people in authority to take action on at an appropriate time.

Brilliant work from VB.

I am another who can't toe the line on all the religious stuff; I don't care for religion at all. I do however see a clear political and cultural divide between the majority of the Rangers support and the bulk of the "others". We are a broad church, but we do encompass a huge swathe of aware citizens of the northern parts of Britain and Ireland. We are the front-line and we are under attack. Eventually the rest of the (British) nation will notice and an enormous secular fist will smash the tyranny of the RC/republican pretenders.

That is what I think will happen.

Great article. What VB do behind the scenes is awesome for our support and culture. When far to many are trying to walk all over us a kick us when we're down!

What alot of people don't realise about VB members is the actual amount of work they do behind the scenes. This work is not coerced by anyone, it is sought out alone by the members. Members who spend the time writing emails and letters to journalists, footballing authorities, employers, etc. Members who will go and find out for themselves the information they seek.

It appears that this irks alot of people who would rather wait for news info to come from media outlets like the BBC and then ironically slate them for it.

VB has never been about the publicity for the group otherwise there would have been banners years ago, but we feel now was a good time for it.

Whilst what we do isn't agreeable to everyone we do it nevertheless.

I would like to thank those on here who have left comments of support, as for those who haven't then fair enough, what I won't have is comments slating VB for doing what we do by people who don't do anything.

If you are going to slate us then do so constructively and tell us what you are doing to defend our club from our various enemies.

Having seen the clusterfuck caused by posts relating to VB I would hope this one may explain who we are and what we do in a bit more detail.

Some of the posts recently have been an utter embarrassment to this site, to Rangers fans and the individuals attributed to them.

VB won't appeal to everyone which is fine.

Criticism we can take despite the posts to the contrary.

Snide and unnecessary baiting of Rangers fans or cheap digs will always get a response.

What is this post supposed to be if it's not snide and unnecessary baiting of Rangers fans or, indeed, a cheap dig?

On the original post, the good things the VB have done are very impressive. The quasi-political and religious undertones detract from that good work, as does the unnecessary snide dig at Dingwall and Follow Follow.

What is this post supposed to be if it's not snide and unnecessary baiting of Rangers fans or, indeed, a cheap dig?

On the original post, the good things the VB have done are very impressive. The quasi-political and religious undertones detract from that good work, as does the unnecessary snide dig at Dingwall and Follow Follow.

I really dont see whats wrong with calling a spade a spade. Dingwall has fleeced Rangers fans of money for years, and physically attacked a rival fanzine seller/writer.

I fail to see what that has to do with who the Vanguard Bears are and the good work they do.

Defending our traditions.........I would say that alerting the Rangers support to an influential robbing bastard in our midst comes into that category.

So the good things VB have done are very impressive for our football club, but then you say they can be divisive, political, and religious?

FF is the most divisive, über-fan and political clique of the many Rangers sites I go on, but FF? Not on much now.

I fail to see what that has to do with who the Vanguard Bears are and the good work they do.

They're getting the truth out there perhaps?

I for one am glad of the work that the VB do because of it wasn't for them then a lot of things would be left untouched and swept away. Dingwall is a prime example of what all Rangers fans need to know about.

So the good things VB have done are very impressive for our football club, but then you say they can be divisive, political, and religious?

FF is the most divisive, über-fan and political clique of the many Rangers sites I go on, but FF? Not on much now.

FF has more because it's the biggest site. There are cliques, self interest and division on this site too, probably other Rangers sites as well.

Anyway, I have no interest in defending Dingwall, I just don't think it was necessary to include either him or Follow Follow in the original post.

FF has more because it's the biggest site. There are cliques, self interest and division on this site too, probably other Rangers sites as well.

Anyway, I have no interest in defending Dingwall, I just don't think it was necessary to include either him or Follow Follow in the original post.

then you didn't really understand the Op did you?

You remind me of Craig Burley, you say things just to be 'controversial' when infact all you are is a bit of a bellend.

Is it something that is not to be discussed?

Self interest from Rangers fans on FF?

I wonder where that particular mind set came from?

I despair at the shite we dish out to one another sometimes, and it's all to do with the politics of how better a supporter I am compared to you, and you are to me!

Just bollocks. I support Rangers. Not any fucking clique of fans. Not in anyone's gang. No shouts with views of how things should be and everyone else should toe the line.

Politics in football? Not for me.