Barry Ferguson

Wondering if Barry might find his way back to Rangers for a third spell...

How can he have seen his stock diminish so much that he's now out on loan playing for Fleetwood? He's had his indiscretions and we all know about them but at 34 surely he has more to offer.

When we're allowed to sign players again in 10 months' time he'll be 35 and still surely a good move for Rangers and for BF?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about Div1, basically. When you're in there you need guys in their mid-thirties who know the game... the kids won't cut it.

They will be in their 20's some of them by that time and would have had experience of playing infront of massive crowds each week. Something most of the 1st division players won't have had.

I'm thinking about Div1, basically. When you're in there you need guys in their mid-thirties who know the game... the kids won't cut it.

Well the kids would have 2 years experience in the lower leagues behind them so they should be fine by the time we get to Div 1 .

If you note my last line, I said when we are able to sign players again in 10 months.

Then he'll be another 10 months older and not worth the wages. Would rather we tried to sign up and coming players. Look at Celtic, they sign young players for fuck all and sell them on, we buy shite that we can't punt.

Many a game wee Barry carried the Rangers... mostly always did well against the tarriers... some games played 'crab football'/ but over all Barry was a GREAT Ranger.

No point in Barry coming back now when well past his sell-by date.

Barry WAS a Rangers Great in his time we should leave it at that. (my opinion) He'd probably still be able to do a right decent job, not sure that he'd want to is all.

Tbh, I'm just a bit baffled at the way the guy has ended up playing in the English Conference at 34.

Maybe just being over-emotional about something that sticks in my craw a bit.

OT: the blue oyster bar? Is that the 'gay leather boozer' in the Police Academy films?

Definitely not. Barry has had his day at Ibrox and we must sign (or already have) players who can do the job in whatever league we play in next season and then be able to step up the year after that. Barry was a great player for us but looking back isn't what we should be doing in his case.

You'll struggle to meet a bigger fan of Barry Ferguson but even for me his time is well and truly come and gone.

Good luck to him in the twilight years of his playing career wherever they take him but as is what's best for both parties, that won't be at Ibrox.

Besides, you have Lewis Macleod there who is something like 18 years old and doesn't even look fully grown yet!! Give lads like this regular first team football for a few seasons and watch them flourish, that is the future.