Barry Ferguson

Derek Ferguson was crap and Souness knew it .

Barrys best games were when he was in and around the opponents penalty area , sadly that was hardly ever and ended up being one of our most negative players.

Never a legend ......

You're not allowed opinions on here after the shagger and papac comments.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson's on the park achievements are significant enough for him to be a Rangers legend, but some of his behaviour wasn't befitting of a then Rangers captain.

Can I ask the people who don't consider him to be a legend consider that to be the case?

I think you would have to define the word "legend" though - no ??

Personally I would love to see him back, even if he will be 35 by the time he signs. If Blackpool 's contract ends this summer, get him in for pre-season and sign him as a free agent in September. Keep Jig upfront and play a centre 3 of Ferguson, Black and Macleod/Hutton. Add two wingers, Templeton, Little, McKay, Aird.. to the mix and you have the basis of a strong starting XI.

More chance of him returning now he has went to Fleetwood, although I doubt he would be happy playing out in the Seond Division.

I find it simply hilarious that people still acuse barry as negative, these are the same arrogant fans in scotland that refuse change in our game. Are xavi and iniesta negative when they pass the ball back and from side to side keeping posession? Barry shone in europe and every european team said you stop ferguson you stop rangers, he was way too ahead of the game in scotland, everyone else hitting the gym throwing their weight about and running about the pitch like kevin kyles. barry was a class above and played the game the way it should be played, if scotland turned out more players like him then maybe you wouldn't be so fucking laughable.

Also ki at the taigs, people said he wasn't good enough and lacked what is needed for the scottish game, he was by far their best midfeilder and is proving that now at swansea and they are already saying 6mill is a bargain. just like barry when he moved to birmingham, best pass completion rate in the prem. if only scottish fans would open their eyes to a culture change.

I find it simply hilarious that people still acuse barry as negative, these are the same arrogant fans in scotland that refuse change in our game. Are xavi and iniesta negative when they pass the ball back and from side to side keeping posession? Barry shone in europe and every european team said you stop ferguson you stop rangers, he was way too ahead of the game in scotland, everyone else hitting the gym throwing their weight about and running about the pitch like kevin kyles. barry was a class above and played the game the way it should be played, if scotland turned out more players like him then maybe you wouldn't be so fucking laughable.

Also ki at the taigs, people said he wasn't good enough and lacked what is needed for the scottish game, he was by far their best midfeilder and is proving that now at swansea and they are already saying 6mill is a bargain. just like barry when he moved to birmingham, best pass completion rate in the prem. if only scottish fans would open their eyes to a culture change.

Ray Wilkins is often (quite rightly) praised on here for similar sideways game yet barry isn't.