Official E-Petition - Get Parliament to debate HMRC's leaks

Ricky_

We got 400,000 in manchester; and that took a day. I've signed it; and got the fam to do the same. It's at 31,340 now. I though we'd be far higher than that by now; after what we've been thru'. this is so important to us.

Anyway - perhaps there'll be a big jump during this weekend.

400,000?!?! Hahahaha I'll have a pint of whatever you've been swallying (tu)

We got 400,000 in manchester; and that took a day. I've signed it; and got the fam to do the same. It's at 31,340 now. I though we'd be far higher than that by now; after what we've been thru'. this is so important to us.

Anyway - perhaps there'll be a big jump during this weekend.

200,000. And this is the fastest petition i've ever seen :lol: Some petitions are lucky even to get 30k sigs.

We should all be getting our spouses/other half to sign up, even if you've done it yourself, get your good wifes/girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands everybody else in your household to do it. If everybody who has signed so far got 1 other person to do it, we'd be close to home and dry

If you are traveling on a supporters bus, go around everyone and ask them to sign. If some are not really computer literate, a pen and paper will suffice. Same goes for friends, family and acquaintances.

The key questions to ask are:

Your Name

Your Address

Your Post Code

Have you signed the e--petition?

If no are you willing to allow another bear to sign the e-petition on your behalf?

Do this and we can probably get another 10k signatures pretty quickly.

If you use other, non-football message, boards, it may be a good idea to post up details of the e-petition on those. Here is a suggested text that you can use:

Last week, a First Tier Tax Tribunal published their verdict on an appeal by Rangers FC (actually the Murray Group of Companies) against an HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) assessment concerning the use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

Throughout this case, there was a series of ‘leaks’ of confidential tax information that was detrimental to Rangers Football Club, their employees and to David Murray. These leaks ended up on a ‘blog’, the ‘Rangers Tax Case’, in a BBC documentary and in a variety of newspapers.

The purpose of the e-petition is not to support one side or another when it comes to the facts of the case. That was decided by the Tribunal and may be revised should HMRC choose to appeal. The purpose of the petition is to hold HMRC accountable for the leaking of personal financial information to the media.

In asking you to sign this petition, I would also ask you to consider if, one day, you want your personal financial affairs hung out for all to see? Do you want to be the basis of media speculation based on ‘leaked’ information? Consider how much damage the media have already done to innocent people. It doesn’t always happen to someone else.

This is not a partisan petition. This is about accountability of government and of government departments. It is about your right to privacy.

The petition is open to British citizens and UK residents.

Please sign:

http://epetitions.di...petitions/42143

If you are traveling on a supporters bus, go around everyone and ask them to sign. If some are not really computer literate, a pen and paper will suffice. Same goes for friends, family and acquaintances.

The key questions to ask are:

Your Name

Your Address

Your Post Code

Have you signed the e--petition?

If no are you willing to allow another bear to sign the e-petition on your behalf?

Do this and we can probably get another 10k signatures pretty quickly.

And obviously mate, the owner of the email addy, verifies by email their petition application.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42143

It's slowed right down. Something needs organised for Saturday. Banners, volunteers with sign up sheets around Ibrox etc This is really important and we can't just let it drift into obscurity. Any other ideas to promote this to more people?

Already signed this. I think twitter is alot of pish so avoid it. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't even know about this petition. Think of all the other Rangers fans that won't have a clue about this. The club needs to try and publicise this or fans to have banners at the game or handing out flyers before games.

Paul Mcconville has a blog up saying the government will be investigating the high usage of mailinator. He has a quote from the original pinned post in the piece i saw.

If they are investigating I wonder who could have reported it eh?

How the hell would he know...? Accusations from a clown who diddled miners out of compensation. He has no credibility.