Hegarty, been impressed?

Boab

I like Hegarty. Always have, don't know what it is.

Just seems to have more than Perry. More aware, never really looked out of place, has pace, a good header and strong tackler. All the correct attributes to be a success.

Potential captain I reckon as he develops.

He's been OK, I think the main difference so far is that Hegarty has played beside McCulloch who is constantly talking him through the game, keeping him right, and always calling for the ball off him to play it at the back. These are things that are missing when we have had Perry and Cribari at the back.

Best thing I can say about him is that I have hardly noticed him.

Bang on, i reckon good defenders go un-noticed until a certain point then seem to hit the front in the popularity polls.

I havent seen enough of him but your comment says it all.

Look at Danny Wilson, next big thing and although he was an intelligent player he wasnt the strongest, hence his struggle.

If the boy Hegarty is strong reasonably tall and reads the game he should be right, experience will take care of the rest.

Don't think anyone who has seen the last couple of games can say that they have not been comfortable with Hegarty and Lee at centre back. No major scares, all pretty safe. Although not great having our top scorer at CB, if Little/Naismith get into the side up-front and do the business, I will be happy with them two at CB.

Impressed by Hegarty Naismith, McKay + McLeod.

Perry not so much but I think he'll come good.

McLeod early games a feather could have pushed him off the ball --- now looking stronger and more confident which all comes with experience.

Hegarty needs more games but looks good so far.