Hegarty, been impressed?

Boab

Hegarty has impressed me recently although does get caught out of position from time to time, I think the defence as a whole has improved...prob since Jig went back to be honest! He seems to offer a calming influence and is always talking, especially to Hegarty & Argyriou.

Possibly that was the big thing lacking before, many people were maybe looking to Cribari given his experience in Serie A, but maybe language barrier was a problem?

Cole also looked good in his brief spell at weekend, has a cracking delivery as well.

Was at the Linfield v Rangers game in Belfast back in May. I'd put 'The Blues' at roughly the same level as Div2? Hegarty played the whole game and for most of it was left as a lone defender. Rest of the team were more than happy to leave him there which (to me) said they had confidence in his ability. I think he's a steady player who with a bit more experience will prove to be a good player. Think his heart's in the right place, anyway, says himself that he's a Ranger's fan!

Perry is older but been a bit of a bombscare, Hegarty done pretty decent for me.

We don't have vast options but Hegarty impressed you?

I think he has done ok....He is young, especially for a Centre Back, and definitely has potential but at times he is too easily pulled out of position and he dives into challenges to often where he should stand the player up.

I appreciate he is settled down in Liverpool but it would have been ideal this year to get sir David of Weir up to work with our younger defenders. I do feel however he has the edge over Perry in terms of distribution and pace which is important even at this level.

Someone on the first page summed it up for me, he's done a decent job without even being noticed. Our defence has been a lot tighter since McCulloch and Hegarty have been paired, and I see no reason to split them up.

I missed Sundays game but the times ive seen Chris Hegarty hes looked pretty decent, certainly not got enough gametime to know if he can be a mainstay of our defence for years to come but so far so good. Have to disagree with those who dont seem to rate Lewis MacLeod i think hes been one of our top players along with Jig, McKay, Wallace and Alexander. Still i suppose thats football for you.