The David De Gea Thread

derek1872

I know another thread about him was made but I can't find it and the search words are too small to search for it. Apologies for starting another thread.

I know he is a Man U taig wanker and all that (before anyone says it) but what an improvement he has shown. Last season he was possibly the worst keeper in the league. This year he looks fantastic. World class shot stopper, distrubution has improved 10 fold but the biggest improvement is his arial ability and command of the area, he looks brilliant in the air now. His punching and handling is very good. Last year every high ball I expected a goal.

I know another thread about him was made but I can't find it and the search words are too small to search for it. Apologies for starting another thread.

I know he is a Man U taig wanker and all that (before anyone says it) but what an improvement he has shown. Last season he was possibly the worst keeper in the league. This year he looks fantastic. World class shot stopper, distrubution has improved 10 fold but the biggest improvement is his arial ability and command of the area, he looks brilliant in the air now. His punching and handling is very good. Last year every high ball I expected a goal.

Was just getting used to the league last season, future Spain no 1 imo.

I wonder how this thread will pan out. :D

Got to agree that he is showing signs of improvement, but that's no surprise for someone so young in a position which requires experience more than any other.

I suspect this thread will be full of positivity and praise for such a vastly improved young keeper.

Worse keeper last year is a load of shite.

I thought at worse he was marginally worse than Hart, only problem was getting used to the english league. His errors were seized upon by the media far more than harts and his saves were alot better. His save against matas free kick last year was the save of the season for me. Will easily be the best in the EPL if fergie stops dropping him

Are Man Utd not rumoured to be looking at Mignolet?

If so then the future can't look good for De Gea, despite his improved performances from last season.

Just like how Johnny evans was going to be the better CB than Gerard Pique.

Just like how Johnny evans was going to be the better CB than Gerard Pique.

Surely you agree that if Man Utd are looking at other keepers, then De Gea's future there must be in doubt?

I never once said that it meant that he won't go on to make it somewhere else, just like Pique did ;)

Surely you agree that if Man Utd are looking at other keepers, then De Gea's future there must be in doubt?

I never once said that it meant that he won't go on to make it somewhere else, just like Pique did ;)

It does, what Im getting at, is that Fergies judgement on players might be shite.

Worse keeper last year is a load of shite.

I thought at worse he was marginally worse than Hart, only problem was getting used to the english league. His errors were seized upon by the media far more than harts and his saves were alot better. His save against matas free kick last year was the save of the season for me. Will easily be the best in the EPL if fergie stops dropping him

I didnt mean the whole of last season. I was more refering to his first 5 or 6 games. I rate the boy.

I doubt they are looking to replace him. Rumours are just rumours and they are most likely bullocks.

De Gea is a world class goal keeper who needs 2 things before he'll be best in the world:

confidence / arrogance

bulk up a little

won't be hard for him to be officially the best goalkkeeper in theworld - theres very few good ones around right now - Buffon is past it, Cech's been finished since his head injury, Casilles is the most overrated GK in history, Cesars decline since Mourinhos Inter has been monumental & nobody has filled the void left by Van Der Sar. It's saying somethign that a 100 year old Bred Friedel is probably top 4 or 5.

As somebody mentioned before there isn't really a great pool of keepers around at the moment, but I think in years to come Neuer, Hart & Courtious will be considered the top three with De Gea lagging behind them in fourth.

They are all of a similar age and the three mentioned before already have a more physical presence about them then I think De Gea ever will IMO.