The David De Gea Thread

derek1872

It was a goal ANYWAY forget giving away a penalty and Carrick did what players do all the time, it's just DeGea is so rubbish he panicked and let it fly by him. Embarrassing, wish he had gone and got. Red then Fergie wouldn't have had to play him. I have supported Utd for longer than David has been alive and he is the worst they have had and there has been some shaky ones over the years

It was a goal ANYWAY forget giving away a penalty and Carrick did what players do all the time, it's just DeGea is so rubbish he panicked and let it fly by him. Embarrassing, wish he had gone and got. Red then Fergie wouldn't have had to play him. I have supported Utd for longer than David has been alive and he is the worst they have had and there has been some shaky ones over the years

Ferguson doesn't have to play him.

I know which is why it's INSANITY that he does when he is so bad, had Edwin stayed last season and this year title for defo last year not constantly having to come from behind

Did you criticise Edwin as much when he let in Messi's speculative effort in the last match of his career, in the Champions League final no less?

Haven't you been one of Villa's harshest critics on here this season?

All i've questioned is why a relegation fight was unacceptable last year but is this year, they had a fair few kids playing last season as well.

Although I do know the answer that McLeish just didn't appeal in any way, while it seems Lambert does.

De Gea is very young for a goalkeeper, writing him off now is madness.

Why would you criticise a goalie for that, they are not miracle workers they cant keep everything out but REAL goalies TRY, and to even question Edwin a guy who set the world league clean sheet record by not conceding a single goal for 1,311 minutes.

DeGea struggles to last a game :(

That montrose keeper was better the other day :/

Why would you criticise a goalie for that, they are not miracle workers they cant keep everything out but REAL goalies TRY, and to even question Edwin a guy who set the world league clean sheet record by not conceding a single goal for 1,311 minutes.

DeGea struggles to last a game :(

That montrose keeper was better the other day :/

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were criticising keepers for their faults while ignoring their successes.

I know that's true but I really don't know how perhaps the PL is different and just to much for him

We are not criticising goalies for their faults, lol, if you put it that way Degea's biggest fault is he is a rubbish goalie. He put SPAIN out of the Olympics first shot, embarrassing

Carrick was like 20% to blame but a decent goalie would have down better

"...De Gea’s third-minute blunder that allowed Jay Rodriguez to give Southampton the lead will serve as an unfortunate addition to a personal catalogue of bloopers that continues to grow...

...Michael Carrick’s back pass to De Gea was certainly a poor one. As such, the blame for what happened was partially his.

However, the manner in which the Spanish goalkeeper waved a foot timidly at what was essentially a 50-50 challenge with Rodriguez was desperately unconvincing and a second later the Southampton player had rolled the loose ball home.

De Gea has made some impressive saves for United this season. He is much improved. Nevertheless, those who continue to make excuses for him are simply blinding themselves to his mistakes. Once again there have been too many and, as the season reaches its final stretch, his presence continues to spread uncertainty through the United defence."

Read more: dailymail

I think they will persevere with him until the Summer and sign either Begovic or Julio Cesar then.

I think Cesar would be sensational for them. Playing every week for QPR seems to have helped him rebuild his confidence and he appears to be getting back to a level where he is talked about as one of the workday best.