'' Nobody has done what Messi has done''

KaiserJon

Lifting the World Cup for your country still has to be considered the pinacle of a footballers career.

I doubt any other trophy could compete with that tbh.

A lot of average players could win a World Cup in a team with great players, but no average player could do what Messi has done over the past three years.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of average players could win a World Cup in a team with great players, but no average player could do what Messi has done over the past three years.

I'm not disputing what he has done or saying it ranks lower because he has not won the WC, all I'm saying is the WC is the biggest trophy in a players career to win.

I'm not disputing what he has done or saying it ranks lower because he has not won the WC, all I'm saying is the WC is the biggest trophy in a players career to win.

Agreed but it doesn't automatically make you a better player than a hugely superior player who hasn't won it, as seems to be the idea in the mainstream press.

Agreed but it doesn't automatically make you a better player than a hugely superior player who hasn't won it, as seems to be the idea in the mainstream press.

People who use this are clutching at straws.

His goals, medals, form and ability speak volumes and at the age of 25 he has plenty more to offer.

People will always argue to be controversial but in years to come Messi will be known as the greatest to have ever played the game.

People will always argue to be controversial but in years to come Messi will be known as the greatest to have ever played the game.

he already is known as that by alot of mainstream people who don't know what they're talking about.

"People are disputing the fact that you cannot be the best player ever until you have won the World Cup."

Who is claiming this?

9 out of 10 of people I talk to regarding this do not bring up the fact he's never won it when talking about his ability as the best ever.

Some people who hold the old greats dear and have a bitterness about the current way football has been or/is run like to bring these things up.

This is what the original post was specifically about!

Not what I asked you. Nor was it what you were talking about - the topic of the best player ever.

i answered you, all be it factitiously based upon the nature of the OP and these inflated Messi stats, but I gave a more serious assessment of all time greats based solely on individual ability at the top of the page.

And then says including Pele and Maradona. Just heard this. Anyone else miss the World Cups both players have won-regarded as the pinnacle of achievement. I like Messi, don't get me wrong, but saying he is in a different class when he has not won the big one with the national team. He has a chance come the next WC and he is still young. JaimeD or whatever your a name is don't tell me that on the one hand a team has a 'player' and good players who were underrated regards Maradona, he drove that side, even me and you could do the nuts and bolts and he would have delivered with the way he was then. Don't George Best or Puskas this thread!!!!!!!!!!!Or in our case many players both Scottish and Rangers.

I'm not sure why you called me out in your post, because it's too incoherent for me to have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

I'm not sure why you called me out in your post, because it's too incoherent for me to have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Apologies as explained above was wrecked when I posted it and your name entered my head as regards this subject could have been anyone-again apologies.

Apologies as explained above was wrecked when I posted it and your name entered my head as regards this subject could have been anyone-again apologies.

:lol: No worries. Would be lying if I said I hadn't done the same.

For the record though, I have never claimed that Messi is the greatest player ever. Never claimed it, and never thought it privately. I do think a large number of people greatly underestimate him for laughable reasons though.

:lol: No worries. Would be lying if I said I hadn't done the same.

For the record though, I have never claimed that Messi is the greatest player ever. Never claimed it, and never thought it privately. I do think a large number of people greatly underestimate him for laughable reasons though.

Fair play.

Well, that's wrong, he's the best in Spain by a Country mile.

Although the quote you replied to was ridiculous.

Last year aside, he's been rotten for a while. Victor Valdes has been the best Spanish keeper in Spain for a good time now. Courtois is the best at the moment.

Last year aside, he's been rotten for a while. Victor Valdes has been the best Spanish keeper in Spain for a good time now. Courtois is the best at the moment.

He's made mistakes but he's not been rotten. Valdes has made some very high profile errors as well. Courtois is great but Casillas is the best in the world IMO.

Winning something like the World Cup does not come down to an individual, it is a team game. Argentina may well win the World Cup within Messi's career span. If they don't it is not his fault and does not make him any lesser the World's greatest ever footballer.

Lionel Messi is the greatest and has years to become even greater.