***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

wearethepeople1

In what regard? You are aware he did say there will be times of hardship and that is when we must be tolerant and show sanity.

As for our standards? Using terms such as "diddies" and "fat cunts" to describe our opponents on a weekly basis is hardly up to our normal standards of class and dignity. These same folk then have the temerity to berate our manager about his attire on match days. Nothing wrong with pointing out our opposition most weeks are poor sides or pointing out that we have far more resources that these teams; but the language used to describe these teams and their players is appalling imo. Let the taigs belittle themselves by raging and foaming at the mouth and we can carry on acting exactly as Mr Struth would expect. Like true Rangers, with class.

Not being funny but there was a Montrose Player with at least a 40 inch waiste today.

Eh no its called Tactics.

I really do think if we start with Sandaza he wont give us a Goal threat.

Its not Hypothetical at all been Watching him and his confidence is shot.

After the Injury its to be expected ,and believe it or not he was back defending a corner second half at one point Today.

Jig and Little give us more options, and jig will rag Doll their Backs while Andy Littles mobility has caused them Teams problems.

Thats the way I see it no time for sentiment with Sandaza, just trying to Shoehorn him in because Ally trying to justify buying him.

Didn't read anything after the first line.

Your telling me that your scenario of what will happen if Sandaza plays isn't hypothetical was enough for me.

Listen mate I totally agree with you. Some people do go over the top with both their criticism of our players/manager and opposition. I also agree that the infighting and belittling of genuine opinions by some with opposing views is very poor. With regard mr struth....could you imagine him accepting our current standard of performance...the standards we have adhered to over the years makes us the club we are...when we start to accept mediocracy and make excuses for bad performances we become just another football team.

No I can not imagine him accepting it, but that isn't to say that Ally accepts it either. What I do believe though is that Mr Struth would take a rational even handed approach to the situation. Some of the things being said are crossing the line as far as I am concerned. That is worrying. A lot of us seem quite happy to act like the animals across the city. We can have concerns and voice them as well, but we can maintain our high standards whilst doing so.

Listen mate I totally agree with you. Some people do go over the top with both their criticism of our players/manager and opposition. I also agree that the infighting and belittling of genuine opinions by some with opposing views is very poor. With regard mr struth....could you imagine him accepting our current standard of performance...the standards we have adhered to over the years makes us the club we are...when we start to accept mediocracy and make excuses for bad performances we become just another football team.

Ally should rember this as thats when you start to lose the Fans.

He Played during our lowest point in the Eightys and knows this I am sure.

Lets just hope he can motivate them and pick the correct Players to perform.

Not being funny but there was a Montrose Player with at least a 40 inch waiste today.

And calling him a fat cunt is the Rangers way is it? This wasnt in the heat of the moment either, the posters had time to consider what they were saying. I wonder how many of these same posters were in the threads about Allys attire letting us know how outraged they were at this disrespect of our traditions, then only days later throw those same traditions out the window by completely disrespecting our opponents and our current league? Is it a poor standard? Yes. Should we be doing better? Yes. Does that give us license to use this type of language to describe our opponents or even our manager in some cases? No. Criticize all you want. But if you are going to describe opposition teams or players as "diddies" or "fat cunts", dont come on this forum giving it the big one about how Allys attire isnt Rangers standard, because neither is that language or behaviour.

Didn't read anything after the first line.

Your telling me that your scenario of what will happen if Sandaza plays isn't hypothetical was enough for me.

Have I not explained it to you properly.

If you dont read what I am saying then you wont see my reasoning and explanation for what I am saying to you.

Ive made my assumption of how I think the game could turn out.

Sorry if it doesnt fit in with your Ideas.

Play Sandaza and we wont Score enough Goals.

I saw your account of how the Game could pan out 3-2 either way form out the window.

A question who will get us 3 goals at Tannadice?

Hmmm.

And calling him a fat cunt is the Rangers way is it? This wasnt in the heat of the moment either, the posters had time to consider what they were saying. I wonder how many of these same posters were in the threads about Allys attire letting us know how outraged they were at this disrespect of our traditions, then only days later throw those same traditions out the window by completely disrespecting our opponents and our current league? Is it a poor standard? Yes. Should we be doing better? Yes. Does that give us license to use this type of language to describe our opponents or even our manager in some cases? No. Criticize all you want. But if you are going to describe opposition teams or players as "diddies" or "fat cunts", dont come on this forum giving it the big one about how Allys attire isnt Rangers standard, because neither is that language or behaviour.

I never said it was but theres worse things he could have been called.

It is becoming a bit of an embarresment some of the Players we are up against arent what you would say ,in the best of shape to be honest with you.

I personally am beginng to question our Training regime .

It honestly doesnt seem up to much.

Wouldn't play McKay in this one. Looked way out his depth against ICT earlier on this season and got bullied off the ball.

Think we should just use players like Hutton and Black to contain the game and hold out for a replay as bad as it sounds.

Alexander

Argy Perry Hegarty Wallace

Hutton Black

Mckay Templerun Sheils

Jig.

The 3 attacking mids to roam about and cause havock, do what they want basically. Theres no reason for the dm's to come foward, sit round about the half way line and play it into the 4 attackers. Wouldnt have the full backs coming to far foward, sitting around the half way and giving us width when we need it. Defence needs to be solid, Wish we had Bocanegra and Weir for this game. We cant sit back and absorb pressure, its not what we are good at anymore. Take the game to DU and control the game.

Dont see McCoist attacking DU, Expect us to sit back and get destroyed. Trying to remain confident.

Heart tell me 1-3 Rangers, Head tells me 4-1 Du.

The fact is after recent displays against semi pro players and also against semi pro managers, it's hard to see how we can suddenly get it right against a team who always give us a hard tough game.

I applaud some of the optimists on here but I also understand why some are pessimistic.

On current form I'll settle for a replay.

I would play ;

Alexander

Hegarty Perry Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton Black Templeton

McCulloch Little

But I reckon we'll go ;

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallace

Little Hutton McCulloch Black Templeton

Sandaza

Either way, 3-0 Rangers McCulloch hat-trick.

I would play ;

Alexander

Hegarty Perry Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton Black Templeton

McCulloch Little

But I reckon we'll go ;

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallace

Little Hutton McCulloch Black Templeton

Sandaza

Either way, 3-0 Rangers McCulloch hat-trick.

You make a good Case for that Y ou do :thumbup:

I never said it was but theres worse things he could have been called.

It is becoming a bit of an embarresment some of the Players we are up against arent what you would say ,in the best of shape to be honest with you.

I personally am beginng to question our Training regime .

It honestly doesnt seem up to much.

Yes, there are worse things, but coming from a Rangers supporter what was said was bad enough.

I wouldn't argue with you that these part time teams are physically or technically on a level where we should be struggling as badly as we are at times. That was never my point.