***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

wearethepeople1

Wee McKay has to start. We need width to make Sandaza more effective. But the back 4 is where we will win or lose this match imho. We have goals in us... Can we keep a clean sheet though? Neil will have to have a huge game for us imho.

Still confident though. 2-0 The Rangers.

alexander

hegarty

perry

cribari

wallace

templeton

black

hutton

aird

shiels

little

I would go 4 4 1 1. and play aird for his effort and tracking back rather than mckay(who can come on if we are trailing). Black and hutton will enjoy the battle in the middle and imo we need temps and shiels on top form to win. 2-1 rangers. Aye Ready.

Probably as good a side as we can put out. (tu) I like McKay to start though...

I am looking forward to this game, :-)

Did anyone hear the comments from Thomson on BBC news, he said " I was a member of the SPL Board when Rangers went down, however I'm not one trying to rewrite the history books?" could that have been one of the reasons for him leaving the SPL board .... ?

Getting the butterflies for this now, and that only ever used to happen before OF games

I don't care what the score is, I don't care how they do it but just WIN rangers, just win

We have been booted fae pillar to post for so long, please do it for us real fans (not the scabs)

I am looking forward to this game, :-)

Did anyone hear the comments from Thomson on BBC news, he said " I was a member of the SPL Board when Rangers went down, however I'm not one trying to rewrite the history books?" could that have been one of the reasons for him leaving the SPL board .... ?

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson hopes Rangers can "come on board" along with all other clubs in order to progress the Scottish game.

United host Rangers in the Scottish Cup on Saturday, with the visitors having not taken up their ticket allocation.

That measure was taken after United's opposition to Rangers being in the Scottish Premier League this season.

"Personally for the sake of Scottish football, I think we should move on," Thompson told BBC Scotland.

"It's a game of football after all. That's what I'm looking forward to.

"We are in the middle of reconstruction talks and the game is moving forward.

"We have got all SPL clubs together to move forward for the future and I think we all need to get together, every single club in Scotland, and it would be good for them [Rangers] to come on board as well."

United were not alone in voting against Ibrox chief executive Charles Green's application to take over the SPL share Rangers lost following financial problems but the Glasgow club's fans regarded Thompson as one of the most outspoken figures on the issue.

And, when Third Division Rangers were drawn to face the Tangerines at Tannadice, the visitors elected to boycott the match.

"I'm disappointed because it's a big game for both clubs and would have been a full house," said Thompson, who appointed Jackie McNamara as the club's new manager this week.

"They have made their decision, they are entitled to do that and I wouldn't like to enter into that kind of discussion.

"I was on the SPL board at the time when things arose. The other clubs didn't put them in the position they are in.

"It's up to their own fans to decide how they got where they are. I don't want to re-write the history books either."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist feels the time has come to "take the sting out of the whole situation".

"The club have taken the stance not to take any tickets for the game," he said.

"That stance has been made and hopefully it's just a one-off and we can move on."

Meanwhile, Thompson revealed there will be around 300 Rangers fans at the game with "very strict security measures being put in place inside the stadium and outside".

"We are quite happy everything will be fine," he added.

That was on the bbc site "the other clubs didn't put them in the position they find themself in". So it was only you and who

Their average attendance for this season is 7500, and they are getting over 10,000 for tomorrow, we are the only show in town.

True mate. Pretty sure their derby vs Dundee was not a sell out either. Could be wrong mind.... Buzzing now....