***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

wearethepeople1

All the 3rd Division teams that play us come with a real cup final attitude and it shows (not an excuse for Rangers performance against Montrose today but a fact all the same). We'll go out and play our "Biggest game of the season so far" with exactly that attitude and I'm hopeful we'll get a result. Come on Rangers! :ukflag:

good point (tu)

We've had much better players/squads that have struggled in these games so I don't see it as an indication of where we are regardless of if we win lose or draw. Anything can happen in 1 off games.

To have a chance our more experienced players need to be on top of their game. Time for Shiels, Sandaza, Black, Templeton to step up a few levels.

Apart from Mackay-Steven and Russell Dundee Utd aren't really that much of a threat IMO.

When we faced Motherwell at home in the League Cup we went into that game in quite poor form and if we can play the way we did on that night we will get the win.

We need everyone at their best but even at that the defence still is worrying.

United are nothing special, they've been off for years now. The players can't play like they did today next week. Ally has to batter into them in training, the likes of Shiels, Sandaza and Black have to improve. Our composure in front of the goal has been awful lately.

My line-up:

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallace

Hutton Black

McKay Shiels Templeton

McCulloch

Would've preferred a stronger CM pairing, MacLeod most likely being out will hurt us but Jig has to go up front (his 22 goals this season insures that). Sandaza just hasn't hit it, he was poor before his injury, there's still time for him to improve but it has to be quick. On that note Kane Hemmings scored again today, should we be recalling him now or does his loan deal end next week? Anyways really looking for a better performance, a similar one to the win over Motherwell would be great! My optimism knows no boundaries! :7325: