Do we have any of the 400 here?

Thermopylae

The fact of the matter is, if someone wants to go, let them go, if someone wants to boycott, let them boycott. The important thing in all this is the match, I couldn't give a fuck about anything else now. As long as we win, who cares?

Who is anyone to tell another person what to do? This isn't Germany 1939, this isn't Russia 1900's, this isn't Spain 1900's. We live in a free country where we can make our own choices.

If someone wants to go and support their team, what gives anyone the right to have a go at that. It's not selfish, it's not going against the club, it's SUPPORTING your club.

If someone wants to boycott, by all means do what you want.

Honest to god.

When Charles Green negotiates with the spl scum we want him to speak softly but carry a big stick and the big stick would have been a complete boycott of tannadice ... if it had been absolute it really would have put the wind up those counting down the days untill we come back with our money and that would have strengthened our position.

It will be fans from other clubs buying the away tickets, we'll soon find out if we hear any Rangers songs getting sung at the game. If there is Rangers fans there they should be ashamed of their selves.

I am beginning to wonder if a lot of the 400 tickets have been bought by non-Bears. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when we score

I don't get the people saying that the ones going are trying to be über Rangers fans yet by not going they think it makes them better fans than the ones who are going. (if that makes sense) :lol:

I'm 100% behind the boycott, that part just seems ironic to me.

I think perhaps anyone going may see themselves as "the chosen few" and will be able to boast in the future about how they braved tannadump when there were hardly any other Bears there ... if that is what they are hoping for then they are very misguided

I am beginning to wonder if a lot of the 400 tickets have been bought by non-Bears. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when we score

I reckon there might be a few "casual fans" going to it that don't really follow the team that closely or know what the situation is. I know it seems like you'd have to be living under a rock to do that, but we have so many fans that it would only take a tiny percentage to get to 400 sold. That's one of my main worries about this idea of picket lines - it could spill over into hurling abuse at families and whoever else who don't really appreciate the depth of feeling about it.

Sometimes I think we forget that just because we talk about something intensely on this forum and wherever else, it doesn't mean everyone out there that has some identification with the club follows this stuff as closely.

I reckon there might be a few "casual fans" going to it that don't really follow the team that closely or know what the situation is. I know it seems like you'd have to be living under a rock to do that, but we have so many fans that it would only take a tiny percentage to get to 400 sold. That's one of my main worries about this idea of picket lines - it could spill over into hurling abuse at families and whoever else who don't really appreciate the depth of feeling about it.

Sometimes I think we forget that just because we talk about something intensely on this forum and wherever else, it doesn't mean everyone out there that has some identification with the club follows this stuff as closely.

I just wonder as well if there could be some locals looking for trouble I mean how often do they get the chance to outnumber us and they also know if something starts at our end we will get the blame

Excellent post.

Rangers Media + other forums do not encapsulate the entire Rangers support.

Some of the sabre-rattling on this and the other thread has been ridiculous.

I think perhaps anyone going may see themselves as "the chosen few" and will be able to boast in the future about how they braved tannadump when there were hardly any other Bears there ... if that is what they are hoping for then they are very misguided

naw !.............no one's that thick even amongst us !

these tickets have been bought by Dundee utd, supporters and any tims. Aberdeen or Hibs fans living nearby.

I remember getting the same shite for going to Malmo when we were told we risked getting the club banned from Europe. Each to their own an all that.

I remember getting the same shite for going to Malmo when we were told we risked getting the club banned from Europe. Each to their own an all that.

Do you not agree though it strengthens Charles Green's hand in negotiation if we can act as one and be seen to act as one

Do you not agree though it strengthens Charles Green's hand in negotiation if we can act as one and be seen to act as one

I do, aye. I'm not arguing against the boycott just saying if they want to go that's up to them. I'm not really in a position to judge after Malmo, though. We were told we put ourselves before the club then as well.

Nail on head ! :sherlock:

I said at the very outset that some Bears would go and i got slaughtered (and mocked) by some. I'm not going - I wasn't going anyway boycott or no boycott. And I'll state what I said at the outset when the boycott threads started. I will never slag any Rangers fan who has supported the team religiously over the last 30-40 yrs having never missed a game. I'm talking about friendllies in Europe, Australia the lot. I know a couple of guys who are like that who will be in the DU end tomorrow sitting on their hands.

Therefore these supporters are being told by fans groups who they have no part of or do not wish to be represented by, that they cannot attend this game? Fans groups, like he RSA who creamed tickets for the UEFA Cup Final and flashed them about pubs while I, a season ticket holder for 30 years and on the priority scheme too, had to buy one on Ebay for £500, these spongers, drunk drivers et al have never had my vote nor will they ever speak for me.

Incidentally, the logic of this boycott will go out the window if there's a replay. Do we boycott that game too? After all, Dundee Utd will scoop half the gate that night if it happens and it would be a helluva lot more than tomorrow's game.