Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

I'm clearly saying potential things he could put out there whether they're true or not.

Point is why would he need to create controversy simply to call it a day?

How can anyone possibly answer that ? I don't know what goes through his crazy head. I hear/read the pish he comes out with and make my judgement.

Why would he not come out with controversy, what's stopping him ?

How can anyone possibly answer that ? I don't know what goes through his crazy head. I hear/read the pish he comes out with and make my judgement.

reality?

I've been a Rangers supporter all my life, getting on for 50 years. I've sung all the songs that are now deemed sectarian & enjoyed every minute doing it, but enough is enough. The law says we can't sing these songs anymore, the football authorities let alone the law courts will punish us if we carry on. It is more important to me to support Rangers than singing what are deemed to be sectarian songs. I don't hate catholics, I took 3 of my catholic English mates to Ibrox last Saturday and tey loved every minute of it. I hate Septic and their fans simple as. Rangers is far more important to me than a few songs!

Both my civil liberties and the culture and heritage of my club are far more important to me than a CEO.

Sure no more FTP etc. but that is the extent of it and if CG aint happy with that he can do one and thanks for the memories.

Not one more quarter given tio this taig infested country and their appeasers!

I wondered if he'd lay down a marker after the Berwick game and I guess the reason he's waited is until the shirt deals were safely finalised and announced. I thought at first he and the Rangers Board would let it wash as a one-off. Clearly not. And if I recall correctly Ally also waded in with his views over the weekend.

Would he walk? Probably - he's already on record as saying he'd been approached by others, There is no-one, absolutely no-one in current day football who now has that sort of experience as a CEO and he would command seriously more money that he's getting or would earn at Rangers. Do I want him to go - absolutely not. His leadership is, in my view, a fundamental reason why we are recovering from the disaster of last year.

Songs - Rangers need to do much more to say more explicitly what is and what is not permitted. And do a much better job of self-policing and of putting the case to fans to respect the club's wishes. If he wants to put this front and centre along with the objectives of winning on the pitch / winning leagues and of commercial success for Rangers then I'm ok with that. He's straight talking. Rangers fans are straight talking. Supporters groups are straight taliking. So Charles, my view is get some dialogue going to deal with this. Talking at the margins through the media is not the way this will be tackled on a sustained long term basis to the satisfaction of the vast majority,

I'm simply disgreeing and saying it's because I don't understand the logic. The easiest thing in the world would be to cite some personal reason if he's decided he's had enough. Why would it have to be an elaborate scheme?

I wondered if he'd lay down a marker after the Berwick game and I guess the reason he's waited is until the shirt deals were safely finalised and announced. I thought at first he and the Rangers Board would let it wash as a one-off. Clearly not. And if I recall correctly Ally also waded in with his views over the weekend.

Would he walk? Probably - he's already on record as saying he'd been approached by others, There is no-one, absolutely no-one in current day football who now has that sort of experience as a CEO and he would command seriously more money that he's getting or would earn at Rangers. Do I want him to go - absolutely not. His leadership is, in my view, a fundamental reason why we are recovering from the disaster of last year.

Songs - Rangers need to do much more to say more explicitly what is and what is not permitted. And do a much better job of self-policing and of putting the case to fans to respect the club's wishes. If he wants to put this front and centre along with the objectives of winning on the pitch / winning leagues and of commercial success for Rangers then I'm ok with that. He's straight talking. Rangers fans are straight talking. Supporters groups are straight taliking. So Charles, my view is get some dialogue going to deal with this. Talking at the margins through the media is not the way this will be tackled on a sustained long term basis to the satisfaction of the vast majority,

Eh?

How on Earth can you justify this?

Its a phrase that tarriers call us all the time and starting to spread into our fans calling fellow fans this horrendous term.

lol "horrendous term"

It's a commonly used phrase that's used all the time to refer to someone who's acting like a Neanderthal, absolutely nothing to do with the tarriers.

From Charles Green, the man who come out with a Rangers-Dallas cowboys link up ? :lol:

Im still trying to figure out why you are so desperate for him to fail? Id have thought being a mutual foil helmet wearer you two would be great friends. But back to the point, why would someone with no links to Rangers, as the usual suspects are keen to point out, need to fabricate a way out. After all dont we already have the chairman disagreement route?

I dont want him to leave, because hsi staying is annoying to so many on so many levels. And that amuses me. Insert smiley here.

I hardly think this is some kind of cunning plan to get CG out, more like he wants to get across how serious he views these songs and as Charles does at times he has gone a bit overboard.

I'd agree, but he better learn and learn fast that this is far from a black and white issue. Some of his comments have been outrageous, stupid and thoroughly ill thought out.

Yes why not. After all the ever vigilant brigade have already got him bang to rights on that one.

He's nothing more than a business man looking to make money. Anybody that believes he genuinely gives a flying fuck about Rangers is on another planet.

It's not almost Taigesque it is 100% acting like a fucking taig.

It's acting like an Irish Catholic to call someone who happens to support Rangers a knuckle dragger?

Just because someone supports the same team as you it doesn't mean you can never insult them or think they're being idiotic.

I sometimes think that some folk on here don't know any other insults than taig.

I'd agree, but he better learn and learn fast that this is far from a black and white issue. Some of his comments have been outrageous, stupid and thoroughly ill thought out.

They have and i think its funny that alot have accused him of playing to the gallery and telling us what we want to hear, but now he isnt and hes upset the very same fans, its fair enough to say he will ban anyone singing ftp or fenian bastards, he cant reasonably ban people for not reporting others which is where i say he went overboard and should retract that part.

He's nothing more than a business man looking to make money. Anybody that believes he genuinely gives a flying fuck about Rangers is on another planet.

Yet hed need to fabricate an excuse to leave according to you?