Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

He can fuck off then...Charles green is a dick of the highest order, people will slag me off and call me worse for daring to criticise theyre dear leader but i was a rangers fan long before he arrived and I'll be a rangers man long after hes jogged on with his money bags...singing the billy boys and no pope of Rome.

I love this club more then my bird, my sisters, nieces and nephews and I'll sing what i want...how can a cunt who won't be here for more then a few years ban real fans for life! Hate this cocky,rude, imposter being in charge of Our fine club...he's a fanny!

I expected better of you than that post. Green saved the Club when nobody else was coming forward (well not seriously). He isn't perfect but he's far better than we've had since David Holmes left. If you really love RFC as much as you say then the Club should come before your personal liking for some songs. Times have changed due to the legislation of the government and the football authorities. RFC haven't introduced any laws, all that is required is for our fans to adhere to these laws. To do otherwise will only harm the Club which you say you love so much.

He can fuck off then...Charles green is a dick of the highest order, people will slag me off and call me worse for daring to criticise theyre dear leader but i was a rangers fan long before he arrived and I'll be a rangers man long after hes jogged on with his money bags...singing the billy boys and no pope of Rome.

I love this club more then my bird, my sisters, nieces and nephews and I'll sing what i want...how can a cunt who won't be here for more then a few years ban real fans for life! Hate this cocky,rude, imposter being in charge of Our fine club...he's a fanny!

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but you love the Football Club more than family and loved ones? I love Rangers, but human life comes first.

Ive heard no one saying they want to see Rangers fans banned or jailed, where has this come from recently? The club however comes first and we will see how many supporters get banned this season and next, my moneys on 0 partly because Charles is blustering a bit but mainly because i believe that Berwick was a one off as some supporters thought that no action could be taken as they were in England, something i thought as well until i read of the arrests, and i dont believe any Rangers supporter worth our name would risk the clubs future in Europe or any move to England for their own selfish need to sing about the pape and his followers.

Asking fans to grass on others equates to wanting fans jailed or banned. You can't ask for one without the other. Of course the club comes first, but sending out a message whereby you could be implicated simply for turning up is staggeringly stupid and I can't see it doing anything but persuade bears to be cautious and stay away from games instead of following their team. Blustering or not he said it and a man in his position should know better. My feelings are clear on those who thought as we were across the border we could indulge in what we wanted... I'd like to believe your later point but none of that means that the club shouldn't adopt a plead to see sense instead of fear mongering bullshit.

I expected better of you than that post. Green saved the Club when nobody else was coming forward (well not seriously). He isn't perfect but he's far better than we've had since David Holmes left. If you really love RFC as much as you say then the Club should come before your personal liking for some songs. Times have changed due to the legislation of the government and the football authorities. RFC haven't introduced any laws, all that is required is for our fans to adhere to these laws. To do otherwise will only harm the Club which you say you love so much.

Ok, sorry mate...duely noted, I read something and got a bit carried away with my response,,,I probably don't believe it myself...shit day at work and I've a few in me due to the footy.

Still didn't like the tone of greens comments but I suppose hes the best ( so far ) I have known in my life time

Asking fans to grass on others equates to wanting fans jailed or banned. You can't ask for one without the other. Of course the club comes first, but sending out a message whereby you could be implicated simply for turning up is staggeringly stupid and I can't see it doing anything but persuade bears to be cautious and stay away from games instead of following their team. Blustering or not he said it and a man in his position should know better. My feelings are clear on those who thought as we were across the border we could indulge in what we wanted... I'd like to believe your later point but none of that means that the club shouldn't adopt a plead to see sense instead of fear mongering bullshit.

Fear mongering? I that what the early morning knock at the door from Dibble is? Or did I imagine those reports?

It was a stupid thing to say theres no doubt about that, and its upset most people including me and i can only think hes blustering and calling peoples bluff. What we need now is to get a even handed approach throughout Scotland as if the scum are singing their bile and getting away with it, it sends the wrong message and is more likely to cause some in our support to continue out of frustration. How we do this is beyond me though but if Charles could raise the matter with the sfa and keep on comparing the great strides we have made with their ira love in it would go along way to making up for his 'shop a sectarian' type remarks.

My two favourite songs are Build my gallows and Fathers Advice but I think we are fucked looking at this:

taken from foCUS website:

Q. What songs are illegal?

A. Due to the constantly evolving nature of football songs it is not possible to list ‘legal’ and ‘illegal’ songs. However, the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012provides for the offence of ‘offensive behaviour at football’ which can include songs and chants.

The Lord Advocate’s has issued guidelines in relation to the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012which give examples of the types of behaviour which may be regarded as offensive:

• Songs/lyrics which promote or celebrate violence against another person's religion, culture or heritage
  • Songs/lyrics which are hateful towards another person's religion or religious leaders, race, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, heritage or culture
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants in support of terrorist organisations
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants which glorify, celebrate or mock events involving the loss of life or serious injury.

Do you have any favourite Rangers songs?

It was a stupid thing to say theres no doubt about that, and its upset most people including me and i can only think hes blustering and calling peoples bluff. What we need now is to get a even handed approach throughout Scotland as if the scum are singing their bile and getting away with it, it sends the wrong message and is more likely to cause some in our support to continue out of frustration. How we do this is beyond me though but if Charles could raise the matter with the sfa and keep on comparing the great strides we have made with their ira love in it would go along way to making up for his 'shop a sectarian' type remarks.

We're pissing into the wind trying to get any semblance of balance, we've got to concentrate on what songs are forbidden, I thought it was obvious i.e no TBB, No mention of Fenian or the Pope and drop UVF/UDA songs...seems not as there appears to be a drive by some for all non Rangers songs to be dropped. McCoist called for a meeting and for things to be ironed out, that was the sensible solution. Funny how motormouth never tires on consulting the fans on any old issue from what colour top we should wear away from home or who we should play in a friendly but doesn't want to hear a peep out of us over this issue.

Unless the man has a split personality, then something drastic must have happened to make him go from ultra-defender of Rangers to scorning Rangers fans unprovoked. As I say he is playing a dangerous game and if he keeps it up, the fans that he has become quick to criticise may not be as quick to flock to the gates to pay him and his investors.

He is still defending Rangers..........he wants us to have a future where we can play anywhere without a fear of being banned.

Fuck off then!

Rangers fans have sang these songs for years & years, why should we stop now ? Especially when the scum sing about the ira every single game?!

And our songs only offend fenian bastards, which we hate, so why the fuck should we stop for them ?

Fucking pissing me off big time recently Charles!

And it's fucking IBROX! Not pishy sports direct!

Yeah,you'll be missed!

We're pissing into the wind trying to get any semblance of balance, we've got to concentrate on what songs are forbidden, I thought it was obvious i.e no TBB, No mention of Fenian or the Pope and drop UVF/UDA songs...seems not as there appears to be a drive by some for all non Rangers songs to be dropped. McCoist called for a meeting and for things to be ironed out, that was the sensible solution. Funny how motormouth never tires on consulting the fans on any old issue from what colour top we should wear away from home or who we should play in a friendly but doesn't want to hear a peep out of us over this issue.

It is pretty obvious no mention of ftp or the i ran aways or fenians but some taigs apparently think The Sash is banned which it is not, same with Build My Gallows so a list of which songs are fine and which are not is needed and then we all know and theres no excuse for anybody. What do you want Charles to say to the fans, vote on if we should sing banned songs or not? We cant sing some songs, we should get a list of which songs these are and then stick to it and also keep highlighting the behaviour of other clubs fans who have made no efforts to try and sort out sectarianisim.

Are you for real?

You,probably wouldn't have a Rangers to follow if it wasn't for Green.............moron!

One can but hope.

Hilarious.

If you're a troll then 10/10 for getting the responses required to keep your incredibly sad existence meaningful. If you're simply losing the debate then learn when you've been made to look a mong and try and learn from the experience.

Are you for real?

You,probably wouldn't have a Rangers to follow if it wasn't for Green.............moron!

Yep sorry, moronic post

Didnt think it through, just blindly ranted .... As I say I disagree with him but his comments annoyed me!

Disagree with your statement about not having a rangers to follow if it wasn't for him, handing him a bit too much credit their I think!

Yep sorry, moronic post

Didnt think it through, just blindly ranted .... As I say I disagree with him but his comments annoyed me!

Disagree with your statement about not having a rangers to follow if it wasn't for him, handing him a bit too much credit their I think!

Nobody else was stepping up,bud.

And we were running out of time and money.

The unthinkable was becoming possible.

The unthinkable

The unthinkable

Pretty sure if Green's bid never came to light then D&P would have had to accept another bid i.e. TBK's but that's for another thread :lol:

Yeah Mini Murray would of been belting out ftp at Berwick with the best of them :pipe:

Of course he wouldn't, nobody in the business world would condone it but I think he'd at least have the diplomacy skills not to act like a tinpot Hitler in the aftermath :lol:

Could someone that is a bit better at writing emails than me, not email focus and the police with a list of songs we sing. And find out from them which ones they say are banned.

It looks like they wont give us a list, but surely they would go through lists sent to them and let us know which songs could see us arrested.

Not talking about the few very obvious ones, but thw debated ones.

The unthinkable

But there were others stepping up, Green's bid was the highest, D&P would have been forced to take one of the others eventually.

Green may be correct in trying to stamp out offensive singing but to make threats against the fans is another matter.He's welcome to walk away anytime, CEO's are 10 a penny