Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

But there were others stepping up, Green's bid was the highest, D&P would have been forced to take one of the others eventually.

Green may be correct in trying to stamp out offensive singing but to make threats against the fans is another matter.He's welcome to walk away anytime, CEO's are 10 a penny

If you're talking about TBKs,their humming and hawing certainly never had me confident that they were going to produce the goods and take us forward to a position of strength.

Green has done nothing but good,imo.

This latest blast has been delivered in his usual brash style,which has ruffled some feathers,but he is only after improvement for the Gers(and his financial status!)

Could someone that is a bit better at writing emails than me, not email focus and the police with a list of songs we sing. And find out from them which ones they say are banned.

It looks like they wont give us a list, but surely they would go through lists sent to them and let us know which songs could see us arrested.

Not talking about the few very obvious ones, but thw debated ones.

Gogzy ffs, it doesnt matter how many times you ask this. Youre not gonna get an answer.

Gogzy ffs, it doesnt matter how many times you ask this. Youre not gonna get an answer.

you reckon if we sent a list of songs to them. They would just tell us to work it out ourselves?

You might be right. I would just hate to see bears jailed for something that could have been prevented.

you reckon if we sent a list of songs to them. They would just tell us to work it out ourselves?

You might be right. I would just hate to see bears jailed for something that could have been prevented.

I think they would just refer you to the offending catholics Bill or whatever its called.

I really dont think anyone will give out an official list of "naughty" songs as it would leave lots up for debate. And debate, on this subject, we will never get mate.

Any song with fenian, FTP, derogatory of religions (catholic, muslim, or pope, etc) is likely to get you arrested. Songs about terrorist organisations are also out. Far too many people are being deliberately stupid over some songs.

This story came from a newspaper how much of it is what Charles really said. I can't find any statement on the official club website?

There was an article in the sun the other day with the GB lover, it stated clubs were agreeing to issue life banning orders for offences like these Rangers were named as the only club not to be involved?

SCOTS footie clubs will get powers to bar yob fans from ALL grounds in the UK.

The shock legal move allows SPL and SFL teams to apply for banning orders to deal with louts.

Holyrood law chief Frank Mulholland QC revealed MSPs are drawing up plans to change the punishments, which can last up to 10 YEARS.

It is thought the call for change came from clubs including Celtic — but NOT Rangers.

Last night it was claimed clubs were moving into “law enforcement”.

Lord Advocate Mr Mulholland said: “Current legislation is that an application for a civil banning order can only be made by a Chief Constable. Clubs have asked whether that can be amended to allow them to apply to the courts. I understand the Scottish Government will look very favourably at that.”

Bosses will use football banning orders to tackle bigots — but ALL louts will be targeted.

We told in January how the SNP was slammed for a costly probe to find out if the crackdown on yobs was working.

The latest move is likely to spark fury from fans’ groups.

One legal source said: “This sounds like clubs moving into law enforcement.”

There was an article in the sun the other day with the GB lover, it stated clubs were agreeing to issue life banning orders for offences like these Rangers were named as the only club not to be involved?

Did they state a reason why Rangers were not asked to get involved?

The shock legal move allows SPL and SFL teams to apply for banning orders to deal with louts.

Holyrood law chief Frank Mulholland QC revealed MSPs are drawing up plans to change the punishments, which can last up to 10 YEARS.

It is thought the call for change came from clubs including Celtic — but NOT Rangers.

Lord Advocate Mr Mulholland said: “Current legislation is that an application for a civil banning order can only be made by a Chief Constable. Clubs have asked whether that can be amended to allow them to apply to the courts. I understand the Scottish Government will look very favourably at that.”

Bosses will use football banning orders to tackle bigots — but ALL louts will be targeted.

We told in January how the SNP was slammed for a costly probe to find out if the crackdown on yobs was working.

Thx for posting article, i can see where this is going now

Excellent bubbly, so knuckle draggers are to be exempt from this :crabflute:

are the fans insisting on singing these songs willing to do so at the expense of european football?

its a yes or no answer.

Jumping the gun as usual, we don't even know what league we will be playinging next season, we should have 2yrs to sort this out.

Any song with fenian, FTP, derogatory of religions (catholic, muslim, or pope, etc) is likely to get you arrested. Songs about terrorist organisations are also out. Far too many people are being deliberately stupid over some songs.

What if they are derogatory about the supreme governor of the Church of England?

But there were others stepping up, Green's bid was the highest, D&P would have been forced to take one of the others eventually.

Green may be correct in trying to stamp out offensive singing but to make threats against the fans is another matter.He's welcome to walk away anytime, CEO's are 10 a penny

After our two previous regimes broke up amidst financial ruin, I'd like a bit of stability in the boardroom for a change. Maybe i'm alone in that view though.

Jumping the gun as usual, we don't even know what league we will be playinging next season, we should have 2yrs to sort this out.

why not stop it now?

we know know UEFA will be waiting for the first chance to nail us.