Rangers Chat Live Phone In

Dunny_01

Another fine show from Boswell, nice to hear that wee bit of Nils Lofgren, cheers for that. Btw "Cry Tough" from 1976 was his second solo album it was preceded in 1975 by the self-titled "Nils Lofgren" album that gave us the fantastic track "Keith Don't Go", any aspiring guitar players on here should have a look at the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ5-_qNNibI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNqbqnH3AM

Likewise it was good to hear "Take It Off the Top" by Dixie Dregs from the 1978 "What If" album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN0qYUeV0KQ

As the man said this was the track that was used as the theme for the "Friday Night Rock Show", essential listening back in the day. Dixie Dregs featured the playing of Steve Morse who now plays with what is left of Deep Purple.

Now Mr B, what about some Runt? :happy:

Well, that was some really dull MOR shite that I just listened to.

Thanks for keeping our numbers up BMR - we couldn't be successful without curmudgeons like you - listening just to log on here and complain.

No such a thing as bad publicity according to Phineas T. Barnum.

Thanks for keeping our numbers up BMR - we couldn't be successful without curmudgeons like you - listening just to log on here and complain.

No such a thing as bad publicity according to Phineas T. Barnum.

Thanks... But I was actually talking about listening to the songs on The Educator's YouTube clips he posted. :lol:

Well, that was some really dull MOR shite that I just listened to.

Thanks... But I was actually talking about listening to the songs on The Educator's YouTube clips he posted. :lol:

Well here's the thing everybody has their own likes and dislikes when it come to music, I'm pretty sure that about 95% of what I hear getting pushed these days is shite, but it may well be the biz to somebody who is part of the current music scene. Let's face it we live in a time where some Muppet spinning a record in a club thinks that it makes him a musician.

Well here's the thing everybody has their own likes and dislikes when it come to music, I'm pretty sure that about 95% of what I hear getting pushed these days is shite, but it may well be the biz to somebody who is part of the current music scene. Let's face it we live in a time where some Muppet spinning a record in a club thinks that it makes him a musician.

Well, now you have me onside, buddy. (tu)

Couldn't agree more. And if it is being pushed these days, it is more likely 100% shite.

I can appreciate Johnny Ramone as much as Pete Townshend; Richard Lloyd as much as Mick Taylor; Steve Jones as much as Chuck Berry; Bob Quine as much as Jimmy Page. But my favourite stringed instrument players are probably Ron Asheton and James Williamson.

I have favourites but I know the truth: As guitarists go, Hendrix is alone on another plain. He is so far ahead of the others, it is supernatural.

Well, now you have me onside, buddy. (tu)

Couldn't agree more. And if it is being pushed these days, it is more likely 100% shite.

I can appreciate Johnny Ramone as much as Pete Townshend; Richard Lloyd as much as Mick Taylor; Steve Jones as much as Chuck Berry; Bob Quine as much as Jimmy Page. But my favourite stringed instrument players are probably Ron Asheton and James Williamson.

I have favourites but I know the truth: As guitarists go, Hendrix is alone on another plain. He is so far ahead of the others, it is supernatural.

Tbh, I've never liked Iggy Pop & the Stooges or Richard Hell and the Voidoids. As for Hendrix there was a fair amount of his stuff that still sounds as fresh to me today as it did when I was a kid back in the 60's, however there is also a fair amount of self indulgent stuff that I really have grown to dislike over the years. As I grow older I tend to be more in wonder of the work of Django Rheihardt than that of Jimi.

Tbh, I've never liked Iggy Pop & the Stooges or Richard Hell and the Voidoids. As for Hendrix there was a fair amount of his stuff that still sounds as fresh to me today as it did when I was a kid back in the 60's, however there is also a fair amount of self indulgent stuff that I really have grown to dislike over the years. As I grow older I tend to be more in wonder of the work of Django Rheihardt than that of Jimi.

I say. :anguish:

I can't imagine liking Springsteen over the Pop or Hell. Turns my stomach, to be honest; you and your bad breath.

It's like preferring Glenn Hoddle to Gazza.

I say. :anguish:

I can't imagine liking Springsteen over the Pop or Hell. Turns my stomach, to be honest; you and your bad breath.

It's like preferring Glenn Hoddle to Gazza.

Springsteen has never been my cup of tea even if he does have Lofgren on guitar, hope your stomach feels better soon. :disappointment: