***The Official Rangers vs Stirling Albion thread****

Essandoh

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Rangers could have the league won by Saturday night.

It's an early 12pm kick-off at Ibrox, and Queen's Park play away to Annan at 3pm. We're 20 points ahead, albeit have played a game more than 2nd place, so a win against Stirling Albion this weekend could seal the SFL3 title should the Spiders slip up at Galabank. My best mate plays with Annan so I'll be having a word in his ear to do us a favour, not that he did us any last week.

This is the big one for the season, and anything less than a win is unacceptable. I'm tired of asking for convincing wins, so I've rather succumbed myself into expecting a narrow win. I'd line up:

Alexander

Argyriou McCulloch Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton Crawford Templeton

Little Hemmings

But we're more likely to see:

Alexander

Hegarty McCulloch Cribari Wallace

Little Hutton Faure Crawford Templeton

Sandaza

About time we wrapped up this league title!

Thank fuck Blacks out the team.

The guy's a liability. He obviously has the technical ability to play in the SFL but mentally he doesn't. Attitude, discipline, motivation - he lacks them all. If it was upto me I'd be using him sparingly for the rest of the season and giving some of the younger lads a chance alongside Hutton.

Think your right mate, the title could be wrapped up on Saturday and I agree with your team choice.

I would like a high tempo and bang in a few goals....but due our recent performances, I will take 3 points on this occasion !!!

When the league is wrapped up try playing a few of the other younger guys too.

I seriously can't understand how Hemmings doesn't get a look in after returning from his loan spell with Cowdenbeath. He scored 6 in 5 in a division two tiers higher and still nothing.

Well little will be out on Saturday so he might get his chance!

Well little will be out on Saturday so he might get his chance!

Never even thought about that. It's about time. Although that would surely result in a Sandaza-Hemmings partnership up top. :lol:

Christ, long gone are the days of Stein and Johnston, McCoist and Hateley, Boyd and Miller...

Alexander

McCulloch Cribari Hegarty

McKay Hutton Crawford Wallace

Templeton

Sandaza Hemmings

A few months back I suggested going with 3 at the back and just let them concentrate on defending and give Wallace and our midfielder more scope to push forward (press higher)....

There is no chance ally will play that team or system and guaranteed we stick with the 4-1-4-1 stuff however if it were me I would go with that team....maybe swapping faure for hegarty.

Another treat to look forward to.

I'm not trying to pull an uber-fan card here but every Saturday this season has been like Christmas Day for me. I'm most definitely excited for it.

Another game at Ibrox with my dad, and on the day when we could win the first of our titles in the Scottish Football League on our rise back to the top of Scottish football. Find myself treating every game as if its my last after what happened.

A few months back I suggested going with 3 at the back and just let them concentrate on defending and give Wallace and our midfielder more scope to push forward (press higher)....

There is no chance ally will play that team or system and guaranteed we stick with the 4-1-4-1 stuff however if it were me I would go with that team....maybe swapping faure for hegarty.

Totally agree mate. Just let the 3 at the back defend and then we get our width from McKay and Wallace. Templeton can play in the hole and get on the ball and you have your 2 strikers up front.

Any confidence that McKay had has been torn out of him after sitting on the bench for so long, which is a real shame. He should be starting every game. Himself and MacLeod have been the shining lights of our season, and I'd actually put Crawford in there too albeit he hasn't played as often.

Alexander, Argyriou, Cribari, Faure, Wallace, Mckay, Hutton, Crawford, Templeton, Little Hemmings 4-4-2.

The lad argyriou has one of the worst 1st touches i have seen from a pro footballer, wouldnt have him in my starting 11!

Agreed.

I've always felt sorry for Hegarty on the right. He isn't a full-back. He's a centre-back. Playing him out wide is just asking for criticism.

Same with all our out of position players, they get shoved there and then the fans give them pelters when they dont play well, Naismith, Hegarty, Faure, Little, Macleod, Mckay all been played out of position and struggled this season and thats just off the top of my head. I wish Ally wouldnt do it, its pointless and i think he only does it to make sure his favourites get played every game.