A hypothetical question

EatDolphins

If Ally was sacked or left at the end of this season and another manager was brought in to save us, then this manager proceeds to produce the same inadequate, ugly, spiritless football, what happens then? Do we punt him too? Do we keep punting every manager who can't appease an unappeaseable support? How many do we in through?

Well, quality of the actual football being played is clearly the only thing that matters to us.

We'll spiral into an abyss where we'll emerge with a Tony Mowbray style manager who will sacrifice results for reasonable football, and everyone will (presumably) be delighted.

If Ally was sacked or left at the end of this season and another manager was brought in to save us, then this manager proceeds to produce the same inadequate, ugly, spiritless football, what happens then? Do we punt him too? Do we keep punting every manager who can't appease an unappeaseable support? How many do we in through?

After the game today

Where all the kids were played

As demanded by a large percentage of RM posters!!

I think he should have a shit free season 2013-2014

Then ask me again

I'm never taking on board the tactical genius opinions of the posters on here

I think they have been playing FIFA on Xbox way to much

You'd be amazed how easily most people could be appeased.

A bit of extra sharpness, a bit of organisation, an odd goal that looked like it was 'made in training'.

An impression that the players weren't meeting for the first time this season.

All things which could have been worked on in the 5 or 6 eeks since the rumblings started to grow, and seen to have had an impact by now.

That would have appeased THIS Bear, and I'll bet a good few others.

Or are the management team throwing their hands in the air and admitting that our group of players are truly uncoachable?

Well, quality of the actual football being played is clearly the only thing that matters to us.

We'll spiral into an abyss where we'll emerge with a Tony Mowbray style manager who will sacrifice results for reasonable football, and everyone will (presumably) be delighted.

And then we'll be left with what they were left, a poisoned chalice that would only be accepted by the lowest form of life left interested.

Its actually a quite pointed question,because mccoist isn't the main problem.

The fact we haven't had the chance yet to get enough decent players in is. As a support we are going to have to get used to the idea that while in the lower leagues we can only attract shit players.

Hard to take but true,the best we can hope for is players from the spl who are not being offered contracts. To many of us seem to think they are free agents because they are good players ready to move elsewhere for more money,when in truth nobody was willing to pay anything at all to sign them.

One of the better players we could sign has one eye ffs!

The fact we haven't had the chance yet to get enough decent players in is. As a support we are going to have to get used to the idea that while in the lower leagues we can only attract shit players.

Hard to take but true,the best we can hope for is players from the spl who are not being offered contracts. To many of us seem to think they are free agents because they are good players ready to move elsewhere for more money,when in truth nobody was willing to pay anything at all to sign them.

Yes you are right

After the game today

Then ask me again

And there lies the problem. Your average football fan doesn't know a fucking thing about football but loves to think he does.

And there lies the problem. Your average football fan doesn't know a fucking thing about football but loves to think he does.

You're insulting the intelligence of a very large proportion of the vast number of fans who have turned out to support the club with that remark.

What makes you such a good judge?

If the average fan 'doesn't know a fucking thing', give me one compelling reason why we should continue to pump our money in?

our shit players should still be miles better than the shite we are playing though !

ally and the coaching staff are our main problem IMO , a good manager with good coaches would have this team playing well

If hypothetically a new manager hypothetically laid down the foundations and hypothetically we seen signs that hypothetically there was a long term plan

Then hypothetically the support would be a lot more supportive of a hypothetically poor performance

Nothing hypothetically about this, we hav gotten fucking worse since xmas, we have went from fucking teams at ibrox to 1 point and 1 goal in two fucking games at home against joiners and taxi drivers

You're insulting the intelligence of a very large proportion of the vast number of fans who have turned out to support the club with that remark.

What makes you such a good judge?

If the average fan 'doesn't know a fucking thing', give me one compelling reason why we should continue to pump our money in?

only reason required for me to continutally "pump my money in" is im a Rangers supporter and no matter what shite they have served up this season, i'll be right back again next season with another two books, too many folk dont have a fucking clue what "supporting" yer team is all about............... ask yourself this, how many times did you encourage the team today? if the answer is less than the amount of negative shite you spouted out no doubt you'd be better giving it a swerve till we're back in the top league with a team worthy of pulling on the famous jersey. the simple fact is our team just now is a slapdash effort and over the next few years it will grow with quality aquisitions as we work through the leagues,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so yes i'll be there all the way as per because being a "supporter" and not just a fan is all about following wether the straits be broad or narrow!!!

It's not the only thing that matters but when you have a wage bill that is 2nd in the country and you do not look convincing against part time players earning £20 a week for their football then something is going wrong. I think most people would settle for even decent football right now but we're not getting that, we're seeing more skill from some of the teams we're playing against.

I wonder what these managers who can make part time players, who tend to be picked up on frees or from schools or junior football, organised and able to out pass and out muscle our professionals could do with our squad and facilities.

Would they be able to convince our stars to play above walking pace and be able to pass forward as accurately as they can pass the buck backwards?

After the game today

Then ask me again

top marks for that post (tu)

only reason required for me to continutally "pump my money in" is im a Rangers supporter and no matter what shite they have served up this season, i'll be right back again next season with another two books, too many folk dont have a fucking clue what "supporting" yer team is all about............... ask yourself this, how many times did you encourage the team today? if the answer is less than the amount of negative shite you spouted out no doubt you'd be better giving it a swerve till we're back in the top league with a team worthy of pulling on the famous jersey. the simple fact is our team just now is a slapdash effort and over the next few years it will grow with quality aquisitions as we work through the leagues,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so yes i'll be there all the way as per because being a "supporter" and not just a fan is all about following wether the straits be broad or narrow!!!

I take your point, and I'll be renewing too.

My point to the OP was that if, as he asserts, average fans don't have a clue, why should they bother?

Especially when their views are denigrated by self appointed experts who deem their POV to be superior.

For the record, snow stopped me making my usual 405 mile round trip today.

When I am in attendance, I make every effort to make positive noises & generally hold my tongue if I can't do that.

It's not the only thing that matters but when you have a wage bill that is 2nd in the country and you do not look convincing against part time players earning £20 a week for their football then something is going wrong. I think most people would settle for even decent football right now but we're not getting that, we're seeing more skill from some of the teams we're playing against.

Who cares about looking convincing?!

These seasons are about moving up the leagues.

Who cares about looking convincing?!

These seasons are about moving up the leagues.

In some ways yes, but a lot of people were initially excited about the slightly stress free environment for a few years, which would enable solid foundations for youth development & general playing style to be established.

If you look at the season, the first couple of months was about getting to know each other, so patchy away form & half decent home form ensued.

The next 6/7 weeks saw some sort of clicking into place, with some great scores & cracking goals.

The last 12 weeks since New Year has been pants.

A general view, pre-Xmas, seemed to be that the odd blip away would be tolerated, as long as we kept winning at home.

Well, today was the 4th time in the last 7 home games where we've failed to win.

So, we had a slow start, then progress, now we seem to be going backwards.

It's no wonder some folk are concerned about what direction we're headed.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think the 'league is over' excuse washes - what motivated Gretna to a record 98 points with 20 point winning margin?

Certainly won't have been money such as our guys are on!

I wonder what these managers who can make part time players, who tend to be picked up on frees or from schools or junior football, organised and able to out pass and out muscle our professionals could do with our squad and facilities.

Would they be able to convince our stars to play above walking pace and be able to pass forward as accurately as they can pass the buck backwards?

In a nutshell!

In some ways yes, but a lot of people were initially excited about the slightly stress free environment for a few years, which would enable solid foundations for youth development & general playing style to be established.

If you look at the season, the first couple of months was about getting to know each other, so patchy away form & half decent home form ensued.

The next 6/7 weeks saw some sort of clicking into place, with some great scores & cracking goals.

The last 12 weeks since New Year has been pants.

A general view, pre-Xmas, seemed to be that the odd blip away would be tolerated, as long as we kept winning at home.

Well, today was the 4th time in the last 7 home games where we've failed to win.

So, we had a slow start, then progress, now we seem to be going backwards.

It's no wonder some folk are concerned about what direction we're headed.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think the 'league is over' excuse washes - what motivated Gretna to a record 98 points with 20 point winning margin?

Certainly won't have been money such as our guys are on!

These guys weren't SPL players. Or foreign, generally. Most were also SFL stalwarts.