Jon Daly impressed with Ally

djbroxybear

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/d...medium=twitter

Dundee United captain Jon Daly says he has held talks with Rangers boss Ally McCoist over a move to Ibrox.

The Irishman has been a pre-contract target for the Third Division league leaders with his deal at Tannadice up at the end of the current campaign.

United have offered the 30-year-old the option of an extra year on Tayside with the player saying he is yet to decide where his future lies.

The 30-year-old revealed he had spoken to McCoist and says uncertainty over league reconstruction won’t have a big bearing on his decision.

He said: “I had a brief chat with Ally McCoist and we were just talking football, nothing to do with contracts.

“I’ve got a lot of time for Ally. He’s a good manager, he’s a good man and I’ve always had a lot of respect for him.

“It was nice to have a chat with him.”

Signing old players like him proves McCoist hasnt a clue how to build for the future if hes only interested in moving up the divisions why not sign the best players in the sfl for a fraction of the wages Daly will be on......Step aside Ally please.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/d...medium=twitter

Dundee United captain Jon Daly says he has held talks with Rangers boss Ally McCoist over a move to Ibrox.

The Irishman has been a pre-contract target for the Third Division league leaders with his deal at Tannadice up at the end of the current campaign.

United have offered the 30-year-old the option of an extra year on Tayside with the player saying he is yet to decide where his future lies.

The 30-year-old revealed he had spoken to McCoist and says uncertainty over league reconstruction won’t have a big bearing on his decision.

He said: “I had a brief chat with Ally McCoist and we were just talking football, nothing to do with contracts.

“I’ve got a lot of time for Ally. He’s a good manager, he’s a good man and I’ve always had a lot of respect for him.

“It was nice to have a chat with him.”

... a good manager ... the anti ally brigade will not be happy .. I bet a few start saying daly is not good enough!!

If he's on twiter someone show him this thread.

Ta.

Yeah that's a great shout....a solid player who has done nothing wrong and it's not his fault we are interested in him should get abuse for no reason? Makes sense....bet you were anti miller before he resigned! I agree it may not be the right way to go especially at CF but there is no need for the guy to get grief!

Yeah that's a great shout....a solid player who has done nothing wrong and it's not his fault we are interested in him should get abuse for no reason? Makes sense....bet you were anti miller before he resigned! I agree it may not be the right way to go especially at CF but there is no need for the guy to get grief!

Still am anti Miller. :)

Saw his interview on STV, didn't look, sound too enthusiastic about joining us, more interested to talk about he will be the first! he's not signed yet and I hope he doesn't get the chance.

The first what?

Another reason not to sign him.

Why should I trust a professional footballer's opinion on what a manager knows? We have plenty of experts on here that disagree.

Alan he is going to say Ally's a great manager to get maybe 3x his salary or more, he's not going to say a bad word against him.

As a CB I think it would be a decent move as he would certainly help organise and solidify our defence but as a striker I would agree that it is a step in the wrong direction!

I dont think we'd be signing him as a CB, if we need a CB we should find a decent CB if we need a striker we should find a striker. Not a one size fits all player.

No more utility players and no more players at this stage in their career.

Not sure about him as a player, he's getting past it as a striker though would be a useful squad player in the 2nd Div but as a centre half ! Come on if he's not quick & fast enough to play as a striker then how's he going to be fast and quicke enough to deal with strikers as a centre back???

There is another issue here one I wish didn't exist but it does.

What's going to happen when we win things and he runs about or sits with his home countrys flag like with Dundee Utd?

A riot I suspect

*Daly with a tricolour image*

Can you imagine him sitting with the rest of the team with THAT

Draped around him?

Not sure about him as a player, he's getting past it as a striker though would be a useful squad player in the 2nd Div but as a centre half ! Come on if he's not quick & fast enough to play as a striker then how's he going to be fast and quicke enough to deal with strikers as a centre back???

There is another issue here one I wish didn't exist but it does.

What's going to happen when we win things and he runs about or sits with his home countrys flag like with Dundee Utd?

A riot I suspect

*Daly with a tricolour image*

Can you imagine him sitting with the rest of the team with THAT

Draped around him?

:lol: