CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Where is Pakistan? he is outside having a fag with fat Jim.

oh really? i thought the paki had nipped out for a drink with that cripple who lives down the road with his retarded mother :ohmy: you know the one; he lives opposite that queer couple of fags

Good man Charles, calls a spade a spade.

Used to work with a guy from Pakistan, and we used to wind each other up something awful, all the obvious stereotypes came out, and we got on great.

Remember playing football down here and an english guy called me a "Scotch bastard".

I explained that I did not mind being called a bastard, but that I was Scottish not Scotch and he was English cunt. He took it in fair play, and we shook hands at end of game.

As another poster often states, cant beat the Glasgow banter, but it seems the Yorkshire banter aint too shabby either. Good man Charles.

The argument here isn't about political correctness, the argument is should the CEO of on of the largest employers in West of Scotland be using a term like that in an interview with the press.

He is the (very) public face of a company who will employ people from all walks of life, all lines of ethnicity. His company's base resides in a large Asian community who are vastly under targeted as an economical resource when it comes to football.

It doesn't matter how PC the world has become and why it should change, he has provided an opportunity for derision from all facets of people & high profile organisations in the anti-racism field.

I am positive that over the course of today we will read many reactions to this story & most will vilify CG for his comments and he will have to apologise for them.

In amongst all this, where is Jim Traynor? As a forner press man, he should instantly know that the tabloids will have a field day over his comments and actually put a stop to the interview, or at least get him to revise his comments accordingly.

Maybe, just maybe, he let that slip intentionally to draw heat away from the Whyte shit that's doing the rounds just now. For all his statements, he doesn't strike me as the type to speak like that without considering his words first.

If he didn't, I don't like it - it'll just cause shit for us, but our chairmen have done and said way worse in the past.

I think you may be on to something here. Do people genuinely think CG says anything to the press that he doesn't think about? I think there may be a lot more to come and won't be surprised if certain people (with their anti-Rangers agendas) end up revealing a little more than they'd like to the world.

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

I don't know what I'm more angry at : CG's comment or the ammunition he's given those in the Asian community in Glasgow who consistently spread bile that Rangers are a "racist club"...

I'll leave it at that. You're all entitled to your own opinion.

If the guy he is calling it to is not offended i don't see why clowns on here can be.

We are a world-wide club with a fanbase streaching far and wide through many communities. We simply cannot have the figure head of our club saying things like 'Paki' or 'Darkie' no matter what context he is using it in.

Everything Charles or anyone else associated with Rangers says gets reported and gone through with a fine tooth comb, he knows that fine well. We have had a week of rubbish and what he has done is make our club look daft to many.

I personally think there is no harm in Charles but he needs to be a hell of a lot smarter if he's going to air his views as much as he is doing. His statements were good earlier and I didn't see the need for this interview in all honesty, he ha far too much to say IMO. We went from Murray who didn't say enough to Charles who seems to have tourettes when talking to the media.

There was no need for those comments at all and I may not be offended but it's obvious a fair few will be and that's enough to cause a shit storm in this country.

Apparently Imran greets Green by saying "good Morning Yorkie"

If that's the case in never setting foot in Ibrox again blah blah blah

Blatantly Yorkist

You mean he's a supporter of the House of York? It was when he called him a Tyke that I really got offended.

oh really? i thought the paki had nipped out for a drink with that cripple who lives down the road with his retarded mother :ohmy: you know the one; he lives opposite that queer couple of fags

As an easily offended Rangers fan I find the word "Mother" in that statement sexist and will now be taking this up with my lawyers.

Stupid stupid stupid thing to say from CG. He really needs to wind his neck in after this. Rangers are a worldwide club with supporters from lots of ethnic groups / communities etc. This is an absolute PR disaster. CG needs to just talk about Rangers and nothing else.

Those giving it tight to the op need to sort themselves out. They are a Rangers fan and probably one of the only ones that know what it is like. Sadly the term Paki has been used over the years as a racist term. It is not used to describe them in an endearing way. That is the difference. If the op is offended by CG's comments then surely that should be respected.

I had a great uncle with google eyes who died in the First World War

I'm offended and never setting foot in Ibrox again

My grandad left one of his eyes on a bit of barbed wire at Cambrai (he really did)! I'm now perma offended and will be asking for a full refund of my season ticket plus expenses!!

See you at Hampden later! :D

Maybe this is pertinent for the 'offended' to read.

A court has cleared a man who shouted the word "n***er" at a black man of racial abuse, after he claimed he was a rap music fan who used the term as an endearment.

Christopher Jones was found by North Staffordshire magistrates to have used the term widely seen as one of racist abuse, but not to have used it in a hostile way.

He told magistrates he used the term regularly on the streets around his home in Blurton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Jones was charged by police and in court pleaded not guilty to using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour which was racially aggravated.

After his acquittal, Jones said he had more black friends than white ones and added: "I can be sat with a black friend and I will say 'What up, n***er?' and it's a term of endearment."

Jones told his local newspaper, the Sentinel: "I am not a racist, it was used as slang. For me it is a term of endearment, not something racist.

"I like hip-hop and it is a word that is used all the time in music."

Jones, whose Facebook page describes him as a "chief tokin futha mucka", was arrested in September after a row outside his home where the term was used, and during the incident his wife was injured. It was alleged he used the term while detained by the police.

In court, his lawyer, Rob Holt, said: "He is from an estate where the phrase is frequently used.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/04/man-cleared-racial-abuse-endearment