CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Joey Barton said to ibrahimovich he had a big nose the other week! Someone call the cops because I've got a big nose too! I mean seriously some of you must be on the wind up if you are genuinely offended by these comments in this context?

Now I agree as CEO of rangers he could and should be more selective in what he says but ultimately that's part of the reason I like green because although he is a very bright man he speaks like a commoner and has no airs or graces! Now in an ideal world our spokesman would be a thoughtful and articulate individual who over analysed everything before he opened his mouth so as to not offend someone....but he's not....he often opens his mouth meaning well but doesn't nesecarily put it across in a professional way! But would you rather go back to the dignified silence approach? I think we just have to accept his quirks! The fact is the paper (sun/record) printed the comments and didn't pick up on it.....it's our own fans that seem to be making something out of it!

I think that many of you are missing Green's point which is that both Charles and Imran are friends and business partners and that Charles referring to Imran as "my Paki friend" is in no way derogatory. It is a term of endearment which also recognises Imran's Asian heritage. "Paki" is no worse than Scot, Scotty or Jock, it is simply an abbreviated way of saying "Pakistani".

You are deluded!! 'Paki' has been widely used in British society to refer to anyone from the Sub Continent ie. India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. in a derogatory manner. It has evolved into an offensive term. Bit like how h** has now become sectarian.

It is totally unacceptable in modern Britain to use it. I'd suggest you start openly using the term 'Paki' in your place of work around bosses, clients, customers etc. if you still dispute this.

You are deluded!! 'Paki' has been widely used in British society to refer to anyone from the Sub Continent ie. India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. in a derogatory manner. It has evolved into an offensive term. Bit like how h** has now become sectarian.

It is totally unacceptable in modern Britain to use it. I'd suggest you start openly using the term 'Paki' in your place of work around bosses, clients, customers etc. if you still dispute this.

Silly interview to give and one he will probably live to regret now, he had the best intentions trying to get across that we're an all inclusive club but has included a line that drama queens like the OP can now twist and use against him.

Time for a spell out the spotlight Charles.

Get your head out of the sand. Nothing to do with drama queens. It's the way of the world in modern society.

Trying to swim in the opposite direction is pointless.

Thanks for your reply. I take your happy with the interview then? I gather this is the kind of press we should be getting?

The interview is honest and refreshing and reflective of his thoughts which mirror a large swathe of society - he hasn't said anything racist or derogatory

It's all about the context

Calling him a fucking moron is more offensive than anything he said

Ironic eh?

Get your head out of the sand. Nothing to do with drama queens. It's the way of the world in modern society.

Doesn't make it right though.

If it's used as an offensive term it's wrong, being told it's an offensive term regardless of context is bullshit.

There must be a fuck load of sand about given the allegedly large amounts of buried heads.

I just hope you dont judge peoples physical appearance or weight? That would be hypocritical.

The interview is honest and refreshing and reflective of his thoughts which mirror a large swathe of society - he hasn't said anything racist or derogatory

It's all about the context

Calling him a fucking moron is more offensive than anything he said

Ironic eh?

Saying he calls someone "his paki friend" is racist and moronic. If he uses it in private with his friend he should have kept it there. There is no need for him to broadcast it to the nation. But that's fine, it's all about context isn't it? I'd like you to go ask someone of Asian descent if it was all about context, you tell them they shouldn't be offended because it's all about context.

We win the league last week, this is what we should be talking about, but yet again Charles Green has decided people should be talking about him. I'm sick of it. He can get a rise out of people, but there are ways to do it. Using racist language in national papers is not one of them.

How and why people are attempting to defend this is beyond me.

There must be a fuck load of sand about given the allegedly large amounts of buried heads.

I just hope you dont judge peoples physical appearance or weight? That would be hypocritical.

I can't believe there are people here arguing that the term Paki is acceptable in some contexts.

Living On A Different Planet Loyal. :D

Saying he calls someone "his paki friend" is racist and moronic. If he uses it in private with his friend he should have kept it there. There is no need for him to broadcast it to the nation. But that's fine, it's all about context isn't it? I'd like you to go ask someone of Asian descent if it was all about context, you tell them they shouldn't be offended because it's all about context.

We win the league last week, this is what we should be talking about, but yet again Charles Green has decided people should be talking about him. I'm sick of it. He can get a rise out of people, but there are ways to do it. Using racist language in national papers is not one of them.

Not in million years. You've been brain-washed by the liberal, do-gooder, politically correct loonie lefties of this country.

Not in million years. You've been brain-washed by the liberal, do-gooder, politically correct loonie lefties of this country.

Oh shit! Have I? Can you help me? Please help me? I clearly can't think for myself? What other things should I call people? Quick, I can feel myself wanting immigration laws relaxed, help me please.

If Imran came out and said he referred to Green as "Yorkie" would you consider Imram moronic?