CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

Ironically it's people amongst us with your attitude that got us to that point. :(

I would say its people with your attitude that got us to that point

If we continually meekly accept what the mock offended tell us to do we will get what we deserve

It's all about the context of what is said and Green is highlighting that

Instead of listening to the context of the article people are jumping up and down about the use of one single word taken in isolation

But that suits some folk on here anyway

Oh shit! Have I? Can you help me? Please help me? I clearly can't think for myself? What other things should I call people? Quick, I can feel myself wanting immigration laws relaxed, help me please.

I nearly laughed at your attempt to be funny but didnt. Swally is right about you.

This thread and pc clowns like you are one of the reasons this country is fucked.

If Imran came out and said he referred to Green as "Yorkie" would you consider Imram moronic?

Yes, I would. Charles Green isn't a chocolate bar. Is this, honestly, you're argument? Are you just completely side stepping how paki is used as a racist term? Seriously? And the black player he played with he called darkie? Is that ok because he was from Darkistan? Oh, wait, I can't seem to find that on a map, can you help me?

Saying he calls someone "his paki friend" is racist and moronic. If he uses it in private with his friend he should have kept it there. There is no need for him to broadcast it to the nation. But that's fine, it's all about context isn't it? I'd like you to go ask someone of Asian descent if it was all about context, you tell them they shouldn't be offended because it's all about context.

We win the league last week, this is what we should be talking about, but yet again Charles Green has decided people should be talking about him. I'm sick of it. He can get a rise out of people, but there are ways to do it. Using racist language in national papers is not one of them.

How and why people are attempting to defend this is beyond me.

If Charles green had called Ahmed his fat friend or his bald friend in the same context whilst discussing the way the world has went overly PC would you be as offended? And if not why not?

I nearly laughed at your attempt to be funny but didnt. Swally is right about you.

This thread and pc clowns like you are one of the reasons this country is fucked.

This country is fucked how exactly? Because people denounce racism?

If Imran came out and said he referred to Green as "Yorkie" would you consider Imram moronic?

Ridiculous argument. People from Yorkshire to my knowledge haven't suffered any collective discrimination in Scotland. Perhaps if you started using derogatory terminology about the mining communities in Yorkshire you may get a reaction from Green.

If Charles green had called Ahmed his fat friend or his bald friend in the same context whilst discussing the way the world has went overly PC would you be as offended? And if not why not?

Yes I would, I'm baldy as well. I'm quite thin though, so I wouldn't personally be offended by that. But I doubt fat people would like it.

But what about the black player he played with that he called "darkie" is that ok too? Or are people just to PC these days?

Unbelievable - truly unbelievable

You need to go out and get yer hole

Yes, I would. Charles Green isn't a chocolate bar. Is this, honestly, you're argument? Are you just completely side stepping how paki is used as a racist term? Seriously? And the black player he played with he called darkie? Is that ok because he was from Darkistan? Oh, wait, I can't seem to find that on a map, can you help me?

You missed the rest of my post out when you replied. Here it is again.

I would say its people with your attitude that got us to that point

If we continually meekly accept what the mock offended tell us to do we will get what we deserve

It's all about the context of what is said and Green is highlighting that

Instead of listening to the context of the article people are jumping up and down about the use of one single word taken in isolation

But that suits some folk on here anyway

Listen mate, this isn't down to what I want or what you want. It's a cast iron fact that Paki is a taboo term. Deal with it.

Ridiculous argument. People from Yorkshire to my knowledge haven't suffered any collective discrimination in Scotland. Perhaps if you started using derogatory terminology about the mining communities in Yorkshire you may get a reaction from Green.

Has Imran suffered discrimination

Can we ban "proddie" as well then

Protestants are experiencing discrimination in the employment policies in faith schools

Proddie is short for Protestant

Where does all this offendedness stop?

I will say it again - it's all about context

That is amply evidenced by the fact that you don't think 'yorkie' is offensive yet Simon does.

Who is right there?

It's crazy, absolutely crazy

Yes I would, I'm baldy as well. I'm quite thin though, so I wouldn't personally be offended by that. But I doubt fat people would like it.

But what about the black player he played with that he called "darkie" is that ok too? Or are people just to PC these days?

Yes you are too PC if you would be offended by someone referring to their mate as their wee bald friend....I feel sorry for you!

In Charles greens day that was the norm....when my dad played professionally his team mate (black) was called nightshade! In that era it was acceptable and nobody bothered about things as inconsequential as that especially when there was no offence or aggressive connotation.

All green is saying is that in his day it was different and nowadays the world has went to PC which you are proving by your reply!

This country is fucked how exactly? Because people denounce racism?

Thats the point. Its not racist. Only in your brain-washed mind it is.

Whats the difference between "My paki friend" "My pakistani friend" "My ethnic minority friend" "My coloured friend" "My fat friend" "My jock friend" "My sassenach friend".

People need to get a grip.

Denouncing racism......aye nae bother.

You missed the rest of my post out when you replied. Here it is again.

I've covered it above baldy. :lol:

I can't believe there are people here arguing that the term Paki is acceptable in some contexts.

Living On A Different Planet Loyal. :D

So you accept that ridiculing people based on appearance is an acceptable form of discrimination

Yes you are too PC if you would be offended by someone referring to their mate as their wee bald friend....I feel sorry for you!

In Charles greens day that was the norm....when my dad played professionally his team mate (black) was called nightshade! In that era it was acceptable and nobody bothered about things as inconsequential as that especially when there was no offence or aggressive connotation.

All green is saying is that in his day it was different and nowadays the world has went to PC which you are proving by your reply!

The world has went to PC because we denounce terms like darkie and paki? Are you serious.

The first part of my post was tongue-in-cheek, but you can't tell tone over the Internet.

The world has moved on though and whether or not that is for the better is neither here nor there.

Its not for the CEO of Rangers to say, if he wants a career in politics he should leave his position and become an MP.

Thats the point. Its not racist. Only in your brain-washed mind it is.

Whats the difference between "My paki friend" "My pakistani friend" "My ethnic minority friend" "My coloured friend" "My fat friend" "My jock friend" "My sassenach friend".

People need to get a grip.

Denouncing racism......aye nae bother.

And the darkie part? That's ok because?

Where does all this offendedness stop?

I will say it again - it's all about context

Totally disagree.

Try using it in whatever context you believe acceptable, let us know how you get on. Be interested to hear if you've been assaulted, lost your job or are up in court.

Cheers.

I got the pommy bastard shit constantly, mostly in jest. But then thats a concept lost in scotland now.

I go to a wee shop round the corner regularly, the old boy their tells me his dad moved from pakistan to bridgeton. He says to me "you could say im a proddy paki!". We both laughed, despite him offending us both. Amazin eh.

Correct mate! The place has gone to the dogs with this PC mantra. All these "offended" want to have a good fucking talk to theirself. I'll bet the same people if asked where they are going to will reply with an answer such as: "I'm away up the chinkie's for a take away" or "I'm going to the Paki's for a paper and a packet of fags" or "I'm going to the tallies for a fish supper" etc.

If it's said in a derogatory manner then that's a different scenario,btw! For the last 47 years I've been called every "derogatory" term under the sun every day of the week by my mates, as I do to them. In fact, if we greeted each other in any other way, we'd be getting asked if we were alright in the health department.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not the actual words that are derogatory, it's the way they are directed to the persons concerned. :pipe: