CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

I'm agreeing as rangers CEO it wasn't the best interview to give however green could say the grass was green and the sky was blue and some would find fault and/or take offence! Once again I agree as a figure head for our club he needs to be smarter and more guarded with his comments but then again that emphasises his point!

In relation to my mate, he is an idiot, so no offence taken but the point is he is someone who doesn't have a racist, bigoted or judgmental bone in his body and doesn't take offence to anything that is not a direct remark or with a derogatory undertone! In this context and the one green refers to his mate is not something anyone should take offence to but they will and that's why the world is too PC IMO....that said once again I agree as rangers CEO he needs to be more guarded with his views....

Point taken. I, personally, don't have a problem with Green. He seems to be doing a good job. However, I do think he likes the headlines too much. And this kind of thing should never have been broadcast. If he wants to use those terms he should do so privately, not in the papers as the CEO of Rangers. And how or why people are attempting to defend it is beyond me.

The only question you asked me was if you touched a nerve. I answered that. I don't see any other question. But please ask away.

And my dismissal of context is because it's a cop out. Darkie and paki aren't acceptable terms to use. It's really not difficult. You'd address a black person as ni**er in the correct context?

Given there frequent use between members of those communities Id say that they must be acceptable, but its based on the context of the users own ethnicity. So context is a factor, No?

:lol:

I read this as raping originally. I panicked.

only thing getting raped around here is my eyes

im well sick of all these threads lately and the crappy play on the pitch :lol:

i really want Gers to play outta their skins today and give us something to smile aboot

Greens brashness was needed and refreshing early doors, but ever since that "worst Rangers team ever" interview he just seems to be making a fool of himself every time he gives an interview.

It seems like he's in a game with the media and although he thinks he's got the upper hand he doesn't.

Point taken. I, personally, don't have a problem with Green. He seems to be doing a good job. However, I do think he likes the headlines too much. And this kind of thing should never have been broadcast. If he wants to use those terms he should do so privately, not in the papers as the CEO of Rangers. And how or why people are attempting to defend it is beyond me.

I am defending the connotation of what he is saying as opposed to what he said in his position as CEO....he is often outspoken but I think it's just his nature. IMO I'd rather an active and vocal CEO over the dignified silence approach of previous regimes, that said, finding a middle ground would be the best result for all!

Given there frequent use between members of those communities Id say that they must be acceptable, but its based on the context of the users own ethnicity. So context is a factor, No?

Ah, I get it now, because Charles Green is part of the Asian community he is allowed to call Imran "his paki friend" but because I'm white and don't mix with the Asian community, I should refrain from using it.

And at the same time, because Charles Green was part of the black community it was alright to call that player "darkie" where as me on the other hand, definite no no.

I understand racial context now.

I am defending the connotation of what he is saying as opposed to what he said in his position as CEO....he is often outspoken but I think it's just his nature. IMO I'd rather an active and vocal CEO over the dignified silence approach of previous regimes, that said, finding a middle ground would be the best result for all!

Absolutely, we need someone to speak up for us. But there are ways of doing it, and how many times does he refer to "Charles Green" in an interview? He seems a lot more interested in getting his name out and about than ours at times.

Ah, I get it now, because Charles Green is part of the Asian community he is allowed to call Imran "his paki friend" but because I'm white and don't mix with the Asian community, I should refrain from using it.

And at the same time, because Charles Green was part of the black community it was alright to call that player "darkie" where as me on the other hand, definite no no.

I understand racial context now.

You also seem well versed on patronising. But you were the one who dismissed context out of hand. If you are going to make glib generalising comments expect to have them challenged.

The football is bad but he is coming across as an idiot.

People are laughing at our club because he can't act in a dignified manner.

I like Charles I really do but he needs to shut up and stop chasing the spot light.

I read this thread yesterday and laughed.

I think ill add a wee point or two.

At almost every point he has been ahead of the curve and lines up what is required beyond what he is saying. Agree with that? Agree that's a good thing?

I have not noticed a single point when he has appeared either in awe of scared of the mhedia. Agree? Agree its a good thing?

I even heard a poster say he is too loose with the truth. Bearing in mind the only truths he keeps quiet seems to be in relation to things which would undo the things he is putting in place next and not what's already done. Agree? Agree that's good? Agree that not telling the truth when required is actually a bad thing?

He uses the mhedia like puppets to do his bidding, even though its not exactly a friendly mhedia. Agree? Etc.....

Could it maybe, even if only slightly, be the case he is literally showing you who in the scenario of shyte and Mr Greens dealings. One tells the truth, warts and all, and ahyte can barely keep the stool off his lips?

Could Mr Green be using this as deflection from other topics taking the limelight?

Considering how many things happen at corporate level which we will never know of, and how much background details we don't know, I am surprised so many wish to kick our man without understanding why he done that interview.

Doubt very much that Mr Green is stupid. Doubt very much he is nieve about public perception or the mhedia lies. Doubt that without being behind the scenes at Rangers we know why does does every thing he does. Doubt he can get into real trouble for the interview.

Is say this was either deflection with a point to make, or making a point and deflecting the limelight, for reasons unclear to us today.

Charles has been good to date, I won't jump onto a bandwagon of irrelevant noise till I know I should.

WATP

You also seem well versed on patronising. But you were the one who dismissed context out of hand. If you are going to make glib generalising comments expect to have them challenged.

Well, no wonder I patronise. The stuff you're posting is nonsense. Please challenge my comments as much as you can, that's what this forum is for. But please expect your attempted justification of using racist language as "all about context" to be challenged as well.

Think its time CG focused more on what is best for Rangers rather than focusing on the CG show. He tends to go off at the mouth without thinking at the moment.

Some of the comments he is coming out with are cringe worthy and not becoming of an official of our club.

Well, no wonder I patronise. The stuff you're posting is nonsense. Please challenge my comments as much as you can, that's what this forum is for. But please expect your attempted justification of using racist language as "all about context" to be challenged as well.

Are you really saying that people from within the black and asian communities dont routinely use language that is deemed racist toward each other?

Are you really saying that people from within the black and asian communities dont routinely use language that is deemed racist toward each other?

I'm sure they do, but what has that got to do with Charles Green saying these terms in the paper?

The more I think of it the more he really is beginning to annoy me in all honesty. The interviews seem to be his feelings on the general world rather than anything to do with rangers. He goes on about the pc mad world, yet forgets his reaction to the Berwick game.

Someone asked the other day if ally would consider walking, maybe its CG who is considering this or at least making it easier for himself to go..

So Green now wants to ban supporters for certain songs/phrases/words - whilst claiming if you don't grass them you're just as bad - but tries to assure us that 'paki' is ok really?

The sooner he's away the better.

It's getting that way with me regarding him now mate

The thing is, as long as he's coming out with this sort of stuff, the media are always going to be queuing up for more of the same. And as long as the media give him a platform, the more he's going to be happy to step up and speak on that platform.

And right now that is doing us more harm than good, so there really should be someone to step in. Say, a highly paid, media savvy head of PR? Nah? Too much to ask?

The more I think of it the more he really is beginning to annoy me in all honesty. The interviews seem to be his feelings on the general world rather than anything to do with rangers. He goes on about the pc mad world, yet forgets his reaction to the Berwick game.

Someone asked the other day if ally would consider walking, maybe its CG who is considering this or at least making it easier for himself to go..

Exactly, it's cringeworthy stuff. He's in the paper because the media want him to be, and because he loves it as well. There's no specific reason for it.

LMAO.

Is fenian a bad word? No. Is fenian bas**** bad,? Yes.

Is Pakistani a bad word? No. Is Paki? No. Is paki bas****? Yes.

Is calling a jock Scottish bad? No. Is calling him a Scot? No. Is Scot bas****? Yes.

Fuck me, our support sometimes....

WATP

Again it's all about context though....now I want to make it clear I have no issues with any song, even theirs, and the Berwick atmosphere was for me the best it's been all season and certainly made the game more entertaining watching it on tv all it is, is a fucking song but there is a difference between someone singing Fenian bastards or proddie scum than a guy referring to his mate as his "paki friend" in a friendly and affectionate context!

I think many people are missing the point, we all know Charles is not being racist, Imran knows Charles is not being racist, but will the press report it as 'Charles and Imran are such good chums they can have a jolly good laugh together' or will they sensationalise it as 'Charles Green in racist Paki, Darkie rant' Come on now which of those two headlines do you see the rheble or the beeb using? It will be blown out of proportion and used to attack Rangers with and Charles should know that by now.

I'm sure they do, but what has that got to do with Charles Green saying these terms in the paper?

Absolutely nothing as Im sure you know. I was simply pointing out that your statement that some expressions are unacceptable regardless of context isnt true. Im assuming thats why you have kept trying to maintain the focus on the fine point rather than the generalisation you made.

So Green now wants to ban supporters for certain songs/phrases/words - whilst claiming if you don't grass them you're just as bad - but tries to assure us that 'paki' is ok really?

The sooner he's away the better.

Again, he can be criticised but why does it have to be the extreme of calling for the man's head?