CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

My frustration lies in him giving others the opportunity to misinterpret him though. How many statements have we had on our website defending our club from slander in the press? Wy on earth five them the opportunity to have a go again. It boggles the mind

It's not been a good week, but I do expect it to blow over after an apology etc.

I normally wouldn't react to people like you, but people like you seriously piss me off.

I'm of an age when we referred to people from Pakistan as Pakis. Just the same as I've been called Scots, Scotch, Scotty, Haggis, Jock, in fact I can't remember what else. It isn't what they called me, it's how they called me it that would concern me. Americans are Yanks, French are Frogs, Germans are Krauts, etc. Scots are tight-fisted, Americans are loud-mouths, Germans have no sense of humour, Italians are cowards, these are all simply jocular stereotypes. English people are haughty, Irish are thick (so are Belgians), Spanish are lazy, etc.... Nobody in their right mind takes these stereotypes seriously except the political correctness brigade. Normal people simply laugh and move on. When there is no animosity then there should be no offence.

When you're CEO to a club with a support spanning across the world, you have to adhere to political correctness.

I don't care how it's reported - our fans shouldn't be buying the rags. I don't!

At the end of the day there's nothing to defend, if the gutter press want to make a big deal out it then so what? They've been conspiring against us for years.

We'll take the abuse 54 - 1 and counting!

Its not our fans im worried about, its what people outside Scotland will make of it, and how it reflects on our club, we know what he means but what about those not so close to the club and those in England or Europe considering whether Rangers should have a part in crossboarder leagues in the future? No one likes us we dont care is a good chant in the stands but its hardly a good image to portray to the wider world.

Look lads if Imran and Charles Greens relationship is one where Charles asks Imran when he see's him "How's my paki friend?" then what's the problem? If he changed it to Pakistani for the purposes of an interview would that in reality not be untruthful and in turn worse? If Greens level of honesty extends to quoting himself accurately when speaking about private conversations then in my book it's fine.

Then he keeps it between both himself and Imran. He doesn't tell the biggest selling newspaper in the country...

Where the OP may be exaggerating, it's not about whether Green means to be racist or not. It's quite frankly ridiculous for a CEO of one of Britain's biggest clubs to come out with such a statement.

Only if you interpret his comments that way. That is in your mind, not Green's. That is the difference which you clearly fail to understand. You see offence where none exists.

Imran just isn't his friend he also owns part of the club and maybe there's a method in this madness.

Not sure what it is at the moment but it is a strange thing to say as we all know it will get twisted and blown out of proportion, just like on here but ten fold by the Rangers haters.

Can't say that's his best interview or that I like his unnecessarily frank views and revealing them so glibly.

However, I care less about political correctness than Rangers and his record is certainly good on that aspect.

Nonetheless, he has needlessly created a shitstorm for himself and the club that we do not need. The media will love this and spin it for all it's worth.

Foolish move Charles. Think a bit more before doing damage.

Only if you interpret his comments that way. That is in your mind, not Green's. That is the difference which you clearly fail to understand. You see offence where none exists.

I'm afraid Green's old fashioned mindset does not apply to everyone. I'm not personally offended by it, but I know some that will be. Look at the OP for example, you might wish to dismiss him as an "idiot" but if his sentiment is genuine then offence has been caused. Charles Green can't choose who is offended by his comments, and neither can you.

Who's offended or not by this aside, I simply cannot understand why some cannot understand what a PR own goal this is.

I'm afraid Green's old fashioned mindset does not apply to everyone. I'm not personally offended by it, but I know some that will be. Look at the OP for example, you might wish to dismiss him as an "idiot" but if his sentiment is genuine then offence has been caused. Charles Green can't choose who is offended by his comments, and neither can you.

Who's offended or not by this aside, I simply cannot understand why some cannot understand what a PR own goal this is.

Have you ever been outside before, Gaz?