CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

I've got old fashioned views, you've got old fashioned clothes & haircut.

Yep, which have nothing to do with this thread!

So feel free to go start a topic about that elsewhere, but it has nothing to do with Charles Green's article.

The best thing you could have done there was deny the picture was you.

Now everybody that has seen the grainy image from a "fred-west" looking-era knows of you looking like a long haired George Osborne!

Christ, I didn't know his mate was here as well!

Seriously, if yous want to slag what I look like, go do it somewhere else. If you want to discuss my views in this topic feel free to carry on.

Well whenever someone says 'Jock' or 'Scotty' in reference to me I want to kick their cunt in - yet both are acceptable on TV still. 'Jock' in particular has entirely negative connotations associated with it's use.

All words can be offensive when used in the context you were referring to with your family - I don't defend anyone calling your family paki's because you're not paki's.

If I called you 'brown sugar' for no reason that would be offensive - should we ban the use of those words too? Context is everything. Who it's being said to is everything. No words are bad words, only the context and who it's said to can make it a negative and offensive statement.

Here's a wee tip for you,mate! Don't come to Australia for a holiday :000000082:

You'll either be doing a lot of blueing or be spending time in a hospital,somewhere :pipe:

Christ, I didn't know his mate was here as well!

Seriously, if yous want to slag what I look like, go do it somewhere else. If you want to discuss my views in this topic feel free to carry on.

Your views appear somewhat similar to your appearance, i.e. bizarre.

Your views appear somewhat similar to your appearance, i.e. bizarre.

As far as I can see they are at least along the same lines as most in this thread. Feel free to go and try and find their pictures as well. (tu)

This is only a thought but maybe he came out and told the press this because it might be on the tapes CW supposly has because if they were in the recordings the media would have a field day.

Personally I am not that bothered with the term 'paki'. I went to Bella and have heard shit loads of people from pakistan backgrounds refer to themselves as 'Pakis', 'Brit-Pakis' and 'Scottish-Pakis'. It's only really offensive if used in an offensive manner and quite frankly if Imran wasn't offended so why should everyone else. Infact a couldn't imagine any of our Scottish Pakistan support bein offended either.

People need to get off the highly offended bus and have another read of the article.

As far as I can see they are at least along the same lines as most in this thread. Feel free to go and try and find their pictures as well. (tu)

I'm perplexed how you can see at all through that bush-thick 70's style fringe.

;)

All that potential and the calibre of the Aussie person is fucking rank. Yet to meet an Aussie who didn't do my tits in (tu)

Each to their own. I'm sure they would probably have an opinion of you also :pipe:

This is only a thought but maybe he came out and told the press this because it might be on the tapes CW supposly has because if they were in the recordings the media would have a field day.

Personally I am not that bothered with the term 'paki'. I went to Bella and have heard shit loads of people from pakistan backgrounds refer to themselves as 'Pakis', 'Brit-Pakis' and 'Scottish-Pakis'. It's only really offensive if used in an offensive manner and quite frankly if Imran wasn't offended so why should everyone else. Infact a couldn't imagine any of our Scottish Pakistan support bein offended either.

People need to get off the highly offended bus and have another read of the article.

In a business meeting? I highly doubt he'd call him it during a meeting.

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

I don't know what I'm more angry at : CG's comment or the ammunition he's given those in the Asian community in Glasgow who consistently spread bile that Rangers are a "racist club"...

I'll leave it at that. You're all entitled to your own opinion.

This clarifies your original post. It is you who have the problem, not Green. You may have been offended in the past but other people's ignorance is no reason to blame Green. "My Paki friend" is hardly a racist comment from Green to Ahmad, is it? Paki is simply an abbreviated version of Pakistani, you cannot deny that fact. If some people choose to use it in a derogatory fashion then that is a different matter. As a British Scot, I've often been referred to as English in numerous foreign locations. I don't throw "toys out the pram" with cries of racism because my sensibilities have been so offended. I know that the "foreigners" mean no offence. I joke with them and usually explain the (slight) difference. You need to lighten up over this as you are finding a problem where none exists, in the case of Charles Green. I don't know what you call the local Chinese carry out shop but for 40 years I have always called it the "Chinkie". My daughter has told me that it is (now) considered a racist term but I have never used it in a derogatory way, it was never considered insulting for years and, to be honest, I am too set in my ways to change now. It was just a slightly shorter terminology for "Chinese".

I now await a public stoning following a visit from the "thought police".

This clarifies your original post. It is you who have the problem, not Green. You may have been offended in the past but other people's ignorance is no reason to blame Green. "My Paki friend" is hardly a racist comment from Green to Ahmad, is it? Paki is simply an abbreviated version of Pakistani, you cannot deny that fact. If some people choose to use it in a derogatory fashion then that is a different matter. As a British Scot, I've often been referred to as English in numerous foreign locations. I don't throw "toys out the pram" with cries of racism because my sensibilities have been so offended. I know that the "foreigners" mean no offence. I joke with them and usually explain the (slight) difference. You need to lighten up over this as you are finding a problem where none exists, in the case of Charles Green. I don't know what you call the local Chinese carry out shop but for 40 years I have always called it the "Chinkie". My daughter has told me that it is (now) considered a racist term but I have never used it in a derogatory way, it was never considered insulting for years and, to be honest, I am too set in my ways to change now. It was just a slightly shorter terminology for "Chinese".

I now await a public stoning following a visit from the "thought police".

Well said, mate.