Ways to increase revenue

JamieG54

What can we do bar sell merchandise and tickets?

I suggested a Rangers branded beer which if tasted decent would sell for fun. What can we do to make more money?

- Big bouncy castle outside Ibrox- Charge the kids £2 to do the bouncy with broxi for a minute.

- Have a paintball zone near Ibrox only blue red and white paint is allowed. Teams of 30 v 30 charge a good few quid.

- Charge fans to loan a walkie talkie for the match so they can contact the UB or BO to start a song of their choice. Radio in your favourite song eg Fan in club deck: Barcelona 1972 do you copy. UB Commander: Copy fellow bear lets get this going.

-Blue cheese pizza - bit different from normal pies and burgers.

- Half time sprint. 40 fans run length of the pitch. Fans can bet on the winner. Good cash for the club

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married a Croatian & all her family are big Hajduk Split fans. Anyway Hajduk are in a big mess finacially so they've teamed up with Carlsberg who are brewing beer with the clubs logo on the bottles etc and the club gets a cut of the profits. Its generating lots of money for the club.

I reckon Rangers could easily do the same.

What do you think?

A small stall next to international arrivals at the airport giving out leaflets about Ibrox tours. All the details - times, subways, phone number for block bookings on it and 10% off when you present the attached voucher. A big sign as well "Scotland's Most Successful Club"

"Director for the Day". A raffel at each home game, the winner gets a place for them and a friend who get the matchday experiance of a dirctor.

Murray (sic) Park tours.

Murray (sic) Park sponsorship - see Man U before you complain.

We need to think about the problems faced on matchdays, and I think transport is one of the main ones.

Buy some more land for parking for example, and charge a few quid for that.

Buy a couple of buses that take you straight from Ibrox to somewhere in town that leave 10 minutes after full time, and that you have to prebook a ticket for.

Taxis? Don't see any taxi ranks near the stadium. Could sell exclusivity rights to a taxi company like they do at Glasgow Airport.

One of our shareholders owns the taxi company with exclusivity rights at Glasgow Airport and also owns one of Scotland's largest bus companies...

Edit to add: Getting a taxi near Ibrox is nightmare, even a while after games. I was in the WRC a couple of hours after a game and waited ages on a taxi, was only going to Cardonald station.

You could tweak the radio idea. Say like £5 and you get a headset with live match commentary from RTV or something.

That could 100% be done.

There used to be commentary fir blind fans at the game. Does anyone know if they still do it?

Can't think of why it would've stopped, unless we don't have blind fans anymore.

I was in Hamburg in November and the fanzones outside their stadium are great, there aren't any pubs or anything nearby so it makes sense. Designated area, stalls of food and another of beer. If it could all be under some marquee then great.