ICF

Guys...

Read more than post!

Was with the ICF early nineties. They are just the same as you, but fancied different entertment at a game, whilst still loving the Gers.

Appreciate some ppl might not condone the choice in entertainment, but its not worth bitching about nowadays - so be nice and put the handbags away

These colours don't run (or walk - now were getting on)!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rab, I know this is OT but did you ever meet a Bear named John from Hillingdon on your travels? He's in his 60s now but used to take in a lot of the European games with another London-based bear named Ted.

You talking about Ted H, London based bear? I was in the London branch for many years and know Ted H, haven't seen him for some years tho. He used to travel to all the European games with Peter H who lived over Hillingdon Way, they used to travel with John S but he was from crystal palace way.

Do fans still fight other fans in mass numbers nowadays in Scotland? i just can't imagine people actually arranging these things although i do know a few folk who've kicked off at the trainstation to other fans, i just assumed that was a case of fighting for the sake of it as opposed to organised ICF kinda rumbles.

I think some on here have had a few too many hammers to the head in their day.

The ICF are not some noble men out to defend women and children from the nasty hibs and sheep who've came to rape and pillage. They just like getting drunk and fighting, and are an embarrassment to their club, like all hooligans are.

The authorities are currently attempting to class those fans who sing "offensive" songs, such as the billy boys, in the same boat as hooligans who cause chaos and riots wherever they go and stain the clubs reputation wherever they go. I would want nothing to do with ICF or any holligans or anyone who thinks its good for the fans or the club or anything like that, your not real fans and dont really have the clubs interests at heart, only your own personal enjoyment and ego.

They shouldnt be supported and they are the one of the reasons the police can harass football fans, from the UBs to the regular fan sitting watching the game. You can be arrested because someone says you said something offensive, and its because football fans are generally seen as scumbags because of people like the ICF.

The ICF are not some noble men out to defend women and children from the nasty hibs and sheep who've came to rape and pillage. They just like getting drunk and fighting, and are an embarrassment to their club, like all hooligans are.

The authorities are currently attempting to class those fans who sing "offensive" songs, such as the billy boys, in the same boat as hooligans who cause chaos and riots wherever they go and stain the clubs reputation wherever they go. I would want nothing to do with ICF or any holligans or anyone who thinks its good for the fans or the club or anything like that, your not real fans and dont really have the clubs interests at heart, only your own personal enjoyment and ego.

They shouldnt be supported and they are the one of the reasons the police can harass football fans, from the UBs to the regular fan sitting watching the game. You can be arrested because someone says you said something offensive, and its because football fans are generally seen as scumbags because of people like the ICF.

that's some high horse you are riding.

If you want to go that far then surely singing certain songs is putting your own interest before the club? Or does that not count because it's you doing it? (and I sing the songs)

that's some high horse you are riding.

If you want to go that far then surely singing certain songs is putting your own interest before the club? Or does that not count because it's you doing it? (and I sing the songs)

Agree with this , there is a lot of things the club and police don't want us to like songs and getting drunk before games but most of us do it .

Ps stu did u used to sell fanzine ?

Agree with this , there is a lot of things the club and police don't want us to like songs and getting drunk before games but most of us do it .

Aye. Used to sell follow follow at the chippy on copland road then sell it on the subway queue after the games. (also in the stadium bar and corkerhill masonic before games)

how did you know? We know each other I'm guessing? Sorry!

well put.

what justification do the ICF give for what they do? i can't see where you could get a sensible answer that justifies it.

Of course I don't agree, it's fucking stupid.

It's not acceptable to sing about being 'up to your knees in Fenian blood', it's offensive and its illegal. It is also illegal to monkey chant at black players, so I'm guessing by your logic, it should be allowed as it never physically hurt anyone and is used to intimidate or wind up the opposition.

Time to get with the modern world mate. The songs we sung are no longer acceptable. Everyone realises that now apart from some knuckled staggers left in our support who are too thick to get it through their heads.

The authorities realise, the police realise, the courts realise, our club realises, and most importantly most of the fans now realise.

you've lost it mate. :dry:

Yeah mate I know you from the games , first met you about juve 96ish or grasshoppers .

oddly enough, two away games I missed!

Hone again this week and meeting a few boys in wee rangers club before the game if you are about

oddly enough, two away games I missed!

Hone again this week and meeting a few boys in wee rangers club before the game if you are about

Haha , it was round about then .

I'm away this weekend and back for legends game on Monday . You will know me when you see.