Will Murray Back Le Guen?

Muff

He will back him......

I expect a signing within the first couple of days of the transfer window, as a bold statement of their intent.

That would be good but I cant see that happening.

Murray has to back him or decide to sack him at the end of the season.

If he was gonna back him, he'd have done it with cash to the tune of ?20M+ during the summer, not the paltry sum of ?4.2M or so.

I can't see PLG getting much if anything next month.

If he was gonna back him, he'd have done it with cash to the tune of ?20M+ during the summer, not the paltry sum of ?4.2M or so.

Yeah I thought that after signing a supposidly high quality manager, Murray would of backed him with some proper cash considering the season we had under Eck and the lack of quality at the club.

I dont see Murray backing him in January. I can see 1 player coming in and thats it.

Yeah I thought that after signing a supposidly high quality manager, Murray would of backed him with some proper cash considering the season we had under Eck and the lack of quality at the club.

I dont see Murray backing him in January. I can see 1 player coming in and thats it.

The inescapable fact is we acquired about ?34M in the summer: 18 from JJB, 16 from CL.

And yet we have seen ZERO hard cash (in reality) being invested.

I said before the summer that Murray WOULD splash the cash, after all, what's the point of using a Skoda engine in a Ferrari. What that absurd paradigm was supposed to display was that you don't bring in the best boss and hold him back with a paltry transfer budget.

Especially when you HAVE a wad of cash coming in.

He could have understandably dedicated 6 mill of it to our critical short term debt, and no one would have criticised that, and put the other 20+mill into the team.

But we ended up with bosmans and Sebo.

Explain that.

The inescapable fact is we acquired about ?34M in the summer: 18 from JJB, 16 from CL.

I said before the summer that Murray WOULD splash the cash, after all, what's the point of using a Skoda engine in a Ferrari. What that absurd paradigm was supposed to display was that you don't bring in the best boss and hold him back with a paltry transfer budget.

He could have understandably dedicated 6 mill of it to our critical short term debt, and no one would have criticised that, and put the other 20+mill into the team.

Explain that.

The man is delusional. He thought he could get away with peanuts because Le Guen totally underestimated the SPL. Well he knows the score now ! He will not sack the manager so he has to splash the cash. If not - the only way is down.

He has to or we really do kiss goodbye to CL football nxt season.

If we miss out on 2nd place then we can expect another season like this next season. This is getting beyond a joke.

Explain that.

Danny are you the FISH in disguise ;)

Seriously I make you right, I dont see Le Guen getting any more tha ?3m, but I live in hope

it seems that at this moment in time all we have is hope but alas there will be no money in january why sign more players that will need time to adapt to scotland we would end up in a worse position unless he buys scots that know what to expect and if thats the case there isn't anyone good enough

Danny are you the FISH in disguise ;)

Seriously I make you right, I dont see Le Guen getting any more tha ?3m, but I live in hope

To a degree I am a massive fan of Murray - I accept he's lied, manipulated, used smoke and mirrors and downright played dirty - but that's how he's got where he is today - with millions of squid.

But I thank him truly for giving us so much.

But it's no longer happening, is it?

Lets face it, no team wants to sell their best players in january unless they receive a fee which is over the odds. I would much rather wail till the off-season when you can pick up a bargain much easier. And lets face it, we dont have enough cash not to be searching for bargains

Thing is, perhaps Murray did back him with a lot more than 4-5 mill. PLG targetted crap players -- now proven -- and said he was happy with the team.

For all we know, he's such an arrogant bassa that he figured he could win the SPL singlehandedly. Wrong PLG.

No one knows the real story except the powers that be at Ibrox. I doubt we will see any quality coming in January. The current team should finish second (and back in the CL) -- but I say that more in hope than belief at this point.

Quality signings in January? Doubt it. We haven't been known to make signing with great quality in the January transfer window. Only the clubs with mega-bucks can afford to pay the money for the real quality players. Unless there are any good players who are coming to the end of their contract, their club are desperate to get some kind of fee for them and they want to take a wage cut to come to Scotland then i doubt we will be seeing anything other than the usual.

We might get in either Brown or Thomson. I say EITHER because i don't see any way we will spend on both of them. Another signing could be a CH along the lines of a homegrown player who is proving they can be good such as Anderson or Webster. But apart from that i don't see Le Guen getting any serious money to make big signings. That may hapen in the summer and then again it could be a new manager cming in by then. Who knows? Murray does.

I agree.

PLG isn't totally to blame. The quality of our squad is poor. Murray has failed to invest in it properly.

I think we need at least 4 new players. We will be lucky to get one, and I doubt very much they will cost any more than ?1m.

PLG was in a poor position, but he seemingly has only made it worse with poor signings.

WE are a team at the moment like the old Third Lanark sides - all up and down. They were called the Hi - Hi's because of this. If PLG does not turn this around quickly we will become the new Hi - Hi's!!

SAD really!

:(

PLG was in a poor position, but he seemingly has only made it worse with poor signings.

WE are a team at the moment like the old Third Lanark sides - all up and down. They were called the Hi - Hi's because of this. If PLG does not turn this around quickly we will become the new Hi - Hi's!!

SAD really!

:(

At the moment we are the He - Haw's. :lol:doh