DJW

Why Ally McCoist Must Step Down As Rangers Manager

We've strolled the League without really breaking sweat. The cup exits were bad but did anyone really expect us to do anything in the main cups this year?

Yes, Ally McCoist did. That was part of his justification for buying SPL players.

We have improved and progressed since the absolute chaos we were in the last Summer. Both off the park and the state of our squad.

The squad has improved in terms of players being added to it. The standard of football shown by those players has been, in the main, appalling. McCoist has personally improved nothing.

It seems to me that this all comes down to individual perception of how McCoist has done. As someone above said, Ally can't really be judged until we are back in the SPL and we are secure financially. He deserves our support until then, criticise his tactics when they deserve criticism but I don't see the value in starting yet another thread demanding his head, however politely the OP puts it.

So if Rangers finish 3rd in next year's SFL 2, the manager can't be judged? Fuck that.

The way he turned us around after the chaos of last Summer is an achievement no matter what anyone says about the quality of the opposition.

McCoist "turned us around"? He happened to be team manager when the PLC went into liquidation, after which he made a few strirring comments. Does that constitute turning us around? Did Green have nothing to do with "turning us around", no? Was it just Ally and the fans. OK then.

The guy above stated that 'Some people just can't handle the thought that Ally is just not good enough to be our manager' which isn't accurate - some people won't accept that thought because it simply isn't true - merely subjective negativity from someone with a clear agenda.

The agenda is nothing more than seeing a Rangers team worthy of the name playing football. Not watcing the manager lazily picking the same team lineup his boss used to pick and standing statuesque while the ground empties.

Look all you want for ulterior motives. Some of us don't share your absurdly rosy view of the struggling manager and we'll keep saying so until/unless things improve. That's all there is to it, no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

Ally has 1 more season to prove the doubters wrong, but he needs a growler alongside him in his coaching team IMHO....or he needs to learn to be the growler......maybe an example or two to shock the remainder would not go amiss.

With all the recent turmoil, he's safe for now. But he'll never lead us back to the top of the pile in Scotland or have us as a credible force in Europe which is the very least we deserve and when we eventually do jettison him, we should all lament about the valuable time lost for rebuilding the team. I wanted us to return to the SPL ready to take the title but he's had a year now to put foundations down for this, only to take us further back. He appears to many of us and to all non Rangers fans to be completely devoid of any plan. If those in charge had any serious ambition, he would be gone. In fact he wouldn't have got the job in the first place. I lost faith in him after he blew the CL and Europa League before August and his apologists excuses for this season's mess couldn't be applied to then. In fact he was handed a decent team that should have been more than capable of sailing through to the group stages. Nice guy but never a Rangers manager.

so basically notated what he does you will moan like we'en who has dropped their ice cream come no matter what Ally achieves - for you no matter what he does it will never be enough'

Love the way people talk about us winning the 4th tier of Scottish football like it's a massive achievement with the second highest wage bill in Scotland, 39 thousand season book holders, a team full of current and ex internationals, SPL proven quality, a vast coaching team, sports scientists, Murray Park to train them on etc ... and against guys that work 40 hour weeks before even kicking a ball at the weekend.

Don't get me wrong I agree it's still something we had to do none-the-less and you can only beat what's in front of you - but I reckon we've only won about 65-70% of our games in the 4th tier of Scottish football - which is alarming.

The 24 point lead has flattered us, as in literally every game except maybe 3/4 we have struggled. We look unfit and unable to do the very basics such as pass a ball forward, run, beat a man, mark up and most of all take a set piece or shy.

The transfer embargo is just a handy excuse for the Super Ally brigade. They say he can't sign any decent players - LOLZ - and Annan, East Stirling, Montrose etc can?

I honestly believe we don't have a bad crop of players. They don't turn bad players over-night. The players aren't totally blameless. It's obvious they can't be fucked half the time - but again, that reverts back to the manager. He needs to get their respect and get them motivated and playing. It's still his responsibility no matter what way you flip it.

Guys like Templeton, Shiels, Sandaza, Black etc were fantastic last season and season before in the SPL - yet they come here and go backwards?

Someone quizzed him on why he was spending SPL wages and bringing SPL players down to the 4th tier of Scottish football and his exact words were "I want to win a cup. I want to go to Tannadice and win" ... that worked well. The most depressing and flat performance I've ever seen. Blowing out our arses, lost discipline and hardly got a shot at goal far less do the basics.

People say he's had it tough, we all have as Rangers fans. Does that mean me, CaseyJones or Mr C should be the next Rangers manager?

His loyalty through the bad spell has guarenteed him a job for life.

It could also be argued that if we didn't get dumped out of Europe off dross such as Malmo and Maribor - the European revenue would have saved the oldco? just a thought - knowing Craig Whyte he might have pulled another stunt anyway.

People say McCoist held the club together, and he did. But what good is the club surviving if we are going to stand still and under-perform most weeks? pretty pointless.

Maybe winning and/or playing well means more to some of us than it does to others.

People also say he needs to be given money to spend to bring in his own players and build his own team. I'm sorry but if he can't coach the utter basics, play people in their right positions, play 1 up front at Ibrox, change a game and motivate this current crop then I wouldn't give him a penny.

Prevention is better than cure.

Of course the behind the scenes stuff isn't ideal, but to be honest the biggest factor in people potentially not renewing will be the product they have to endure on the pitch.

People forget that we were out of 4 competitions and chucked away a healthy lead BEFORE administration.

Has he ever got us past 2 rounds of a cup competition in his 2 years as manager? serious question.

People struggle to seperate Ally McCoist the legendary striker and Ally McCoist the manager.

I also find the name calling from the Super Ally Brigade depressing. Your a taig etc if you want better? maybe the ones happy with his dross are the real taigs - as they seem to have a good laugh at us struggling and getting beat off Stirling Albion, Annan and Peterhead.

It's actually got to the stage where in my eyes there's Rangers fans and there's Super Ally fans.

Loyalty doesn't matter a jot if your not the right man for the job.

But as someone said earlier, there's no point moaning about it. He's here to stay. Job for life.

You do appreciate the astonishing hypocrisy and irony of that particular statement don't you?

Why? because I called them the Super Ally Brigade? that's hardly name calling. Them calling someone that doesn't rate him as a manager a taig - now that's name calling.

Why? because I called them the Super Ally Brigade? that's hardly name calling. Them calling someone that doesn't rate him as a manager a taig - now that's name calling.

Yasssssssssssssss! When did you come back?

Yes, Ally McCoist did. That was part of his justification for buying SPL players.

The squad has improved in terms of players being added to it. The standard of football shown by those players has been, in the main, appalling. McCoist has personally improved nothing.

So if Rangers finish 3rd in next year's SFL 2, the manager can't be judged? Fuck that.

McCoist "turned us around"? He happened to be team manager when the PLC went into liquidation, after which he made a few strirring comments. Does that constitute turning us around? Did Green have nothing to do with "turning us around", no? Was it just Ally and the fans. OK then.

The agenda is nothing more than seeing a Rangers team worthy of the name playing football. Not watcing the manager lazily picking the same team lineup his boss used to pick and standing statuesque while the ground empties.

Look all you want for ulterior motives. Some of us don't share your absurdly rosy view of the struggling manager and we'll keep saying so until/unless things improve. That's all there is to it, no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

I'm not sure anyone really expected us to do anything in the cups this year, despite McCoist said to the press. The League was clearly the priority.

'So if Rangers finish 3rd in next year's SFL 2, the manager can't be judged? Fuck that.'

That's highly unlikely.

'The squad has improved in terms of players being added to it. The standard of football shown by those players has been, in the main, appalling. McCoist has personally improved nothing.'

24 points clear and a healthy goal average kind of makes that argument a bit silly. The League was effectively won by January after we went on a great run over Winter playing some good football - people tend to forget that.

'McCoist "turned us around"? He happened to be team manager when the PLC went into liquidation, after which he made a few strirring comments. Does that constitute turning us around? Did Green have nothing to do with "turning us around", no? Was it just Ally and the fans. OK then.'

Turned us around on the pitch. Remember the Brechin game? Our squad was a shambles, full of kids and players who knew they were about to leave and playing like it (Boca and Goian). We couldn't even fill the bench. He turned us around after a stuttering start.

'The agenda is nothing more than seeing a Rangers team worthy of the name playing football. Not watcing the manager lazily picking the same team lineup his boss used to pick and standing statuesque while the ground empties.

Look all you want for ulterior motives. Some of us don't share your absurdly rosy view of the struggling manager and we'll keep saying so until/unless things improve. That's all there is to it, no matter how much you pretend otherwise.'

Struggling manager? It takes a pretty deranged form of mental geometry to claim that we as a club, or Ally as a manager, has struggled this year given our massive lead.

Was a decent return post until this:

"People forget that we were out of 4 competitions and chucked away a healthy lead BEFORE administration".

Which is so disingenuous as to be unbelievable. As if the looming threat and the total uncertainty around the club before we went into administration weren't a mitigating factor.

and also this, which isn't even worthy of a response:

"It's actually got to the stage where in my eyes there's Rangers fans and there's Super Ally fans."

Was a decent return post until this:

"People forget that we were out of 4 competitions and chucked away a healthy lead BEFORE administration".

Which is so disingenuous as to be unbelievable. As if the looming threat and the total uncertainty around the club before we went into administration weren't a mitigating factor.

and also this, which isn't even worthy of a response:

"It's actually got to the stage where in my eyes there's Rangers fans and there's Super Ally fans."

Yet McCoist and some of the players are on record as saying they were shocked when Craig Whyte held a meeting at Murray Park telling them they were going into administration either the day before, or the morning of it happening.

I thought they all knew behind the scenes for months anyway and that's the reason for chucking it all away?

You can't have it all ways.

2 minutes ago :cgreen:

ally done it for me when he went into the scum dugout before the old firm game and was hehawing and laughing with them

ally knew that was a all mighty fuck up a lot of fans have not forgiven him for that he has tried to prove himself by squaring up to yellow teeth and going from tracksuit to blazer its just not working he is a legend but dont think anybody in the team see him other than a joker

Yet McCoist and some of the players are on record as saying they were shocked when Craig Whyte held a meeting at Murray Park telling them they were going into administration either the day before, or the morning of it happening.

I thought they all knew behind the scenes for months anyway and that's the reason for chucking it all away?

You can't have it all ways.

They couldn't have both known that bad things were on the horizon AND been shocked in the event of it happening suddenly? I know I did and was.

An intriguingly simple-minded outlook.

They couldn't have both known that bad things were on the horizon AND been shocked in the event of it happening suddenly? I know I did and was.

An intriguingly simple-minded outlook.

That's exactly my point.

People say the off-field distractions took their toll and that's the reasons for being out of 4 cups and chucking away the massive lead ... but how could they if the manager and players admitted being shocked on that day when they got told of administration?

It's a contradiction to me. Excuse making.

That's exactly my point.

People say the off-field distractions took their toll and that's the reasons for being out of 4 cups and chucking away the massive lead ... but how could they if the manager and players admitted being shocked on that day when they got told of administration?

It's a contradiction to me. Excuse making.

It is in no way a contradiction. The process of going into administration was sudden and shocking. The fact that it was going to happen was inevitable and looming large long before it did.