Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

This (tu)

Ill say again our problem is lack of squad depth/ quality. There isnt a manager in Europe that is going to have Hutton, Black and McCulloch passing triangles round any defence in Scotland.

McCoist isnt blameless in that obviously but I wouldnt be judging too harshly based on circumstance.

What, how could anyone imagine 2 internationalists and Scottish cup winners and a player with CL experience ever be expected to do that again people who paint and wire buildings for a living

One that doesn't really work that well. Especially defensively when they struggle to tackle with their weaker foot.

The last thing a full back wants is a young player bombing past him all day and delivering crosses into the box, he wants him to cut in onto congested space.

It works perfectly well as a tactic. Well enough that Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho have regularly used it.

What, how could anyone imagine 2 internationalists and Scottish cup winners and a player with CL experience ever be expected to do that again people who paint and wire buildings for a living

I know a few SFL players who are all part time. None of them work outside their employment as a footballer.

He had the determination to come back when Souness benched him and when he was getting abuse from his own fans shortly after signing - that shows a sharpened competitive edge far removed from his public persona.. He's pretty clearly a lot more than a 'dressing room joker'. That's just an insult to the man and what he's achieved in the game.

McCoist showed determination and ambition to prove himself as a Rangers striker after suffering several lengthy form slumps throughout the first few years of his Rangers career. People forget how poor a player he looked in his early days, pale & skinny, poor touch, far too easily brushed off the ball. I remember a caller to the Record Hotline stating correctly that McCoist broke up more Rangers attacks than all opposing defenders combined. It was after 84 that he bulked up and started to look like a Rangers player. Two hat-tricks against Celtic in 84 & 86 probably saved his Rangers career. But you can't question his achievements once Souness hit his stride.

However, all the above has nothing to do with McCoist's very evident lack of managerial ability. The history of the game is littered with brilliant players who couldn't manage for shit; Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer, Bryan Robson, Roy Keane. All outstanding players, massively determined, who became terrible managers. McCoist has shown nothing to suggest he'll ever hack it as a manager of any club, let alone Rangers. His public utterances convince me he's wasting his time and ours, he'll never succeed as Rangers manager if he means anything he says.

Once we know who will take charge of the club next, I'd be astonished if the new owners don't see this and act very early on.

That's Celtic

One off games anything can happen - we've had 36 games, around 30 if them utter mince and outplayed

every game is a one off game !!!

and we romped the league so hardly outplayed in 30/36 games!!!

McCoist showed determination and ambition to prove himself as a Rangers striker after suffering several lengthy form slumps throughout the first few years of his Rangers career. People forget how poor a player he looked in his early days, pale & skinny, poor touch, far too easily brushed off the ball. I remember a caller to the Record Hotline stating correctly that McCoist broke up more Rangers attacks than all opposing defenders combined. It was after 84 that he bulked up and started to look like a Rangers player. Two hat-tricks against Celtic in 84 & 86 probably saved his Rangers career. But you can't question his achievements once Souness hit his stride.

However, all the above has nothing to do with McCoist's very evident lack of managerial ability. The history of the game is littered with brilliant players who couldn't manage for shit; Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer, Bryan Robson, Roy Keane. All outstanding players, massively determined, who became terrible managers. McCoist has shown nothing to suggest he'll ever hack it as a manager of any club, let alone Rangers. His public utterances convince me he's wasting his time and ours, he'll never succeed as Rangers manager if he means anything he says.

Once we know who will take charge of the club next, I'd be astonished if the new owners don't see this and act very early on.

new owners l:lol:

and Ally is here for a while !

and many good players have went on to manage well!

new owners l:lol:

and Ally is here for a while !

and many good players have went on to manage well!

new owners l:lol:? What does that mean, seriously? The fact that a controlling interest in Rangers is about to end up in the hands of fuck knows who is amusing to you, is it?

And while we're at it, nobody has ever "went on" to do anything. Some good players have gone on to become good managers but many, many more have failed. I can't think of any one of the 9IAR legends less suited to club management than Ally McCoist, apart from maybe Andy Goram.

As I said before his appointment, Ally McCoist succeeding Walter Smith as Rangers manager is as absurd a managerial appointment as Ian Wright succeeding Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss.

new owners l:lol:? What does that mean, seriously? The fact that a controlling interest in Rangers is about to end up in the hands of fuck knows who is amusing to you, is it?

And while we're at it, nobody has ever "went on" to do anything. Some good players have gone on to become good managers but many, many more have failed. I can't think of any one of the 9IAR legends less suited to club management than Ally McCoist, apart from maybe Andy Goram.

As I said before his appointment, Ally McCoist succeeding Walter Smith as Rangers manager is as absurd a managerial appointment as Ian Wright succeeding Arsene Wenger as Arsenal boss.

new owners :lol: 51% is a controlling interest I am aware of no- one even closely approaching that - and unless you are just being deliberately obtuse don't try to talk about things you clearly don't understand ..

like managers - from our past we have 2 names in the premier league often linked as candidates for the rangers job - McCall and Butcher but with your anti- ally agenda probably worth ignoring - like you have done with all the management traits ally does show

new owners 51% is a controlling interest I am aware of no- one even closely approaching that - and unless you are just being deliberately obtuse don't try to talk about things you clearly don't understand ..

like managers - from our past we have 2 names in the premier league often linked as candidates for the rangers job - McCall and Butcher but with your anti- ally agenda probably worth ignoring - like you have done with all the management traits ally does show

Changes in the boardroom could quickly see Ally get this jotters. Only in your world does pointing out Ally's failings as a manager mean you have an "anti Ally agenda"

What managerial traits do you speak of? What have we missed and are they relative to managing a football team.

new owners :lol: 51% is a controlling interest I am aware of no- one even closely approaching that - and unless you are just being deliberately obtuse don't try to talk about things you clearly don't understand ..

Oh my goodness. This poor sap thinks no-one can control the destiny of the club without owning 51% of the shares. And I clearly don't understand these things? OK then.

The sum total of your argument when people point out McCoist's failings is, "You don't like Ally, do you?". It's not even juvenile, it's infantile. Laughable, as you might say, if you could spell it.

We went on a good run, but were far from unplayable.

We were absolute garbage against Inverness, Aberdeen and st Johnstone. Plus a couple of others.

Totally over reliant on naismith and jelavic.

Celtic, Motherwell and dunfermline away were our only excellent performances.

Most were poor to mediocre.

And you can't blame the players alone for 4 shit performances in Europe.

That's how I remember it too tbh.

We were grinding out a lot of wins (not a bad habit to have) but we weren't unplayable at all.

every game is a one off game !!!

and we romped the league so hardly outplayed in 30/36 games!!!

Every game is not a one off cup tie

And like I said to the other guy we were t outplayed in 30 games I said mince and outplayed, meaning both

See to be honest the more I think about it the more I can't wait till him and Durrant and McDowell are bagged its a shame Green never got round to it before resigning

I wasn't commenting on his managerial ability, I was making the point that he is clearly a lot more than just a 'cheeky chappy', 'dressing room joker' type which people seem to label him on here without apparently thinking it through. His managerial ability remains to be seen but I wish people would stop dismissing him with tired, glib insults because they simply don't stand up if you analyse his career.

You're correct though, Michael Laudrup and Pep Guardiola can't manage for shit even though they were brilliant players. It's not as black and white as people on message boards always seem to stridently claim.

That's nonsense, McCoist had 7 years on the coaching staff and as an Assistant to Walter at both Scotland and Rangers.

I wasn't commenting on his managerial ability, I was making the point that he is clearly a lot more than just a 'cheeky chappy', 'dressing room joker' type which people seem to label him on here without apparently thinking it through. His managerial ability remains to be seen but I wish people would stop dismissing him with tired, glib insults because they simply don't stand up if you analyse his career.

You're correct though, Michael Laudrup and Pep Guardiola can't manage for shit even though they were brilliant players. It's not as black and white as people on message boards always seem to stridently claim.

You are the only person who has said that Ally is nothing more than a 'cheeky chappy' and a 'dressing room joker'

What is it you have against him?