RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

The RangersStandard are about to publish a book about the fall then rise of Rangers.

I think it will be good to get a viewpoint on our last year or so from a fans viewpoint, not a media with an axe to grind or Celtic bloggers tarred with a sectarian brush.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Follow-We-Will-Fall-Rangers/dp/1908373687/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368131070&sr=1-1&keywords=follow+we+will

I think TRS has always had a good balance, willing to defend what needs defending but also willing to accept when the club or those linked to it have cocked it up !!

I think TRS has always had a good balance, willing to defend what needs defending but also willing to accept when the club or those linked to it have cocked it up !!

Are you joking? They have practically rubbished Green since he got his hands on the club. They are still peddling their bullshit every other day without posting "proof"

Are you joking? They have practically rubbished Green since he got his hands on the club. They are still peddling their bullshit every other day without posting "proof"

Are profits going to charity or is this someone else making money from Rangers.

No issues either way, just asking.

No idea mate, in not involved in it in any way

Im looking forward to it, think it will be a good read. Lot of good guys involved and I'm pretty sure they have a plan for the profits, don't think it's been revealed yet.

A few months ago I would have bought this book, however the way TRS handled the alleged story about Imran and the fact none of them could answer me why they didnt go to the club and keep it in-house for the benefit of the club, says to me they are just as self serving as many others. I am disgusted in the way they have attacked Craig Mathers before he even began and its clear, like some well known others, they only want "Rangers Men" involved.....but their "rangers men".....

No Thanks....

opinions nevertheless.I can CONFIRM that all of the proceeds from the book will go to charity. We were all canvassed on that very point, and each of us was happy to donate the income from the book to charity. I'm not sure which charity (or charities) will benefit, although I'm aware that thought is being given to the Rangers nominated charities.Buy the book; read it with an open mind and enjoy it. No, you won't agree with all that is written, but I suspect you'll conclude that it is a significant contribution to the Rangers story.

Thanks for the clarification....... nice to see a charity benefit.

Whether you agree or not, the TRS tries very hard to provide balanced comment on the events at Rangers (and elsewhere). As one of the authors of the new book, I can honestly say that every one of the TRS contributors has worked hard to give a comprehensive, unbiased account of the last 16 months, but people should understand that each contributor has his/her own perspective on the many issues that have arisen.Some have criticised TRS for it's alleged opposition to Green - that's simply not true. I for one have published many articles on RM and TRS which have been overtly supportive of Charles Green. His contribution to the club has been immense. Like RM, TRS is a 'broad church' with many differing views, but it strives at all times to support Rangers and provide thoughtful and balanced opinions - but they are personal opinions nevertheless.I can CONFIRM that all of the proceeds from the book will go to charity. We were all canvassed on that very point, and each of us was happy to donate the income from the book to charity. I'm not sure which charity (or charities) will benefit, although I'm aware that thought is being given to the Rangers nominated charities.Buy the book; read it with an open mind and enjoy it. No, you won't agree with all that is written, but I suspect you'll conclude that it is a significant contribution to the Rangers story.

Perhaps the fact that all proceeds are going to charity should be made explicitly clear and indeed highlighted in the Amazon description.

These guys (& gal) choose to give of their time & write a book on our 'Annus Horrblis' from a fans viewpoint, then decide to donate any profits made to the Rangers Charity but still people complain.

Personally, the Rangers Charity would be enough for me to buy it without the rest.

Thanks to Ace for posting about the book - very kind of RM to allow it to be publicised.

Because of all the work involved in editing this book and running two sites (along with a very active Gersnet twitter account) I've been unable to post on RM at all of late. To that end, I must say it's a real shame that some would want to infer that myself and the other excellent bloggers that have contributed to the book would do so to try and make money. In fact all author proceeds are going to the Rangers Charity Foundation so hopefully that will put some minds at rest.

As for allegations that the TRS site is anti-Green or not pro-Rangers well, that's equally disappointing. The site was started almost a year ago to try and stimulate debate into the club and all subjects and authors are welcome - even credible non-bears. The site is far from perfect and we don't claim to be the fountain of all knowledge but we certainly don't have any stance with regard to anyone or would we do anything to jeopardise the club we all love. Fortunately, it has been very successful and the decision to publish book was a natural progression of that.

With that in mind, we really hope the book will also do well - not just to raise money for the RCF - but to fill the obvious gap in analysing the last two years from the viewpoint of the fans. Of course, as is the case with the site, this is merely to open up the debate as opposed to suggesting any one person (or any one contribution) is right or wrong.

Just like to echo what Frankie said and also thank those who have bought the book so far. It's now in the Amazon top 50 and is one of only 3 pre order books in there.

With some notable exceptions the fans have been brilliant about what we are trying to do and it's very much about ensuring our story is told as well as raising money for a good cause. I very much doubt that even those who have personal issues with me (despite never meeting me) would find fault with what is in the book. It deals with some topics that only fans of the club really could and I hope those of you who buy it find that it redresses the balance somewhat.

I have no problem with anyone buying the book, but with all the shite still going on at board level and fan factions still taking sides the story has a long way go. Premature is the word that springs to mind. :)

Take your point but it's very much about addressing what happened from our perspective. It is not necessarily altered that much by what happens from here. The club has to move forward but there is a story to be told about the way the club and fans were treated. We hope we've done that.

Just like to echo what Frankie said and also thank those who have bought the book so far. It's now in the Amazon top 50 and is one of only 3 pre order books in there.

With some notable exceptions the fans have been brilliant about what we are trying to do and it's very much about ensuring our story is told as well as raising money for a good cause. I very much doubt that even those who have personal issues with me (despite never meeting me) would find fault with what is in the book. It deals with some topics that only fans of the club really could and I hope those of you who buy it find that it redresses the balance somewhat.

And what fans you on about Chris.

Take your point but it's very much about addressing what happened from our perspective. It is not necessarily altered that much by what happens from here. The club has to move forward but there is a story to be told about the way the club and fans were treated. We hope we've done that.

No problem with the book mate, for myself it is still an unfinished story. If it raises a lot of money for charity then that can only be a good thing.

No problem with the book mate, for myself it is still an unfinished story. If it raises a lot of money for charity then that can only be a good thing.

I totally agree it is definitely an unfinished story. We've taken that into account whilst trying to give our take on what happened. As fans we can maybe be more plain speaking than others would be regarding our detractors and also try to look to an ideal future whether that will come about or not. We are really pleased with it. If it raises a good amount of money for the RCF whilst telling our side of the story then all the better.

Good stuff

Ill pre order

I need it by the 3rd of July................what the chances?

As far as we know it should be available on the 1st but it is really down to the publisher at that point and then Amazon delivery. Can't be 100% on when it will get to you. Might be better to get it in a bookshop on the 1st or 2nd if you are worried.