bluepeter

***Rumours thread***

8,333 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Just me who isn't overly excited at the prospect of Dorrans coming in?

He's done absolutely nothing of note for about five years now.

I would have agreed until this season. Norwich have played him fairly regularly and he has 6 goals in 20 games. Seems hes proven he can still do it 

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not suggesting Pedro is being told who to sign.  I'm suggesting the club has a list of possible targets that they use as a point of reference from time to time.  They've put work in scouting players and that's not completely scrapped each time a new manager takes over.  I've seen us do it before (Ortiz being an example) and I'm pretty sure it happens at other clubs as well.  It's not in and of itself a bad thing I just hope Pedro and JJ will draw from their own knowledge more when it comes to player recruitment.  Mind you, a little known Mexican player wouldn't get the hype train going as much as Dorrans would. 

Yeah you're right, happens at every club though. New managers will be shown previously scouted players and they can make their own decision.

Dorrans would be great but I doubt they want to sell him.

A guy like him is what is needed. A more aggressive Hyndman fits the bill perfectly and the boy is not far away from being that man.

He's Andy haliday but with a shoe load of talent 

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I doubt that Pedro or JJ came to Ibrox with any previous knowledge of Dorrans.  This might explain the need to scout the player.

When McCoist first became manager he signed Ortiz then said the club had been after him for years.  I'm pretty sure there's a list of possible targets inside Ibrox that gets passed on from one manager to the next.  There's no doubt Dorrans would be on such a list.  From a personal point of view I would rather see Pedro and JJ use the knowledge of players to unearth us new talent rather than work on recommendations. 

Why would they not know who he is? Especially JJ? You've just made that up. 

And why would you rather they used their knowledge of players? What evidence do you have it's any good? Surely if a good player is recommended we should go for him - regardless of how it came around. Really don't understand your logic. 

2 people like this

Cant see it but if it's true it's good we're looking at that calibre of player.

Dorrans, Hyndman on loan and a proper, experienced and mobile holding midfielder and we're looking good. 

3 people like this

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Just me who isn't overly excited at the prospect of Dorrans coming in?

He's done absolutely nothing of note for about five years now.

Probably the one and only time I have disagreed with one of your posts.

I think he would be a huge improvement on anything we currently have and in our situation it would be a massive coup if we brought him in. He's no world beater down south but is a solid footballer who in all likelihood would walk it up here.

I have my doubts though if we could afford him so it's a bit far fetched for me. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Probably the one and only time I have disagreed with one of your posts.

I think he would be a huge improvement on anything we currently have and in our situation it would be a massive coup if we brought him in. He's no world beater down south but is a solid footballer who in all likelihood would walk it up here.

I have my doubts though if we could afford him so it's a bit far fetched for me. 

Yeah on reflection he would be a good signing.

My initial reaction to the story was probably a bit negative because I seen the story and my first thought was "oh great here we go, linked with Dorrans yet again."

It would also be good to have a few Rangers supporters with actual ability in our team too. We need it and although I know a lot of people don't support Scotland I would like to see us have more players capable of getting into that squad too. It's become far too celtic based in recent years and regardless of how people feel about the national team I think the biggest clubs from that country should always have a strong presence in the national squad.

2 people like this

13 hours ago, Broxi said:

I thought he was like 32. At 29 he'd be a really good signing.

30 before the end of the season. Still take him though.

My only thought on this transfer would be that if he's going to cost anywhere north of £2m which I would imagine he would have, then can we really afford to be signing someone like that with no sell on value?

Lets say the fee would be £2m, that's a big one for us and you'd think we'd want to sign someone we could make money on. 

Then again I don't know how much Dorrans is going to cost. 

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

My only thought on this transfer would be that if he's going to cost anywhere north of £2m which I would imagine he would have, then can we really afford to be signing someone like that with no sell on value?

Lets say the fee would be £2m, that's a big one for us and you'd think we'd want to sign someone we could make money on. 

Then again I don't know how much Dorrans is going to cost. 

If he's going to command more than a few million we won't get near him. There's no way we will have the means to do that while still requiring 3/4 top level players to balance the squad out.

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Played Premier League football for 8 of the last 9 seasons, and is a Scotland international, yet there's no way Pedro or JJ could know about him...

Aye, but he's no Portuguese mate.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Played Premier League football for 8 of the last 9 seasons, and is a Scotland international, yet there's no way Pedro or JJ could know about him...

I'm sure sitting in Mexico Pedro always took the time out to update himself on Dorrans career.  Probably loved watching Scotland games as well. 

I've been watching the EPL highlights for a few years and can't remember Dorrans at all.  Perhaps Pedro got someone to film Norwhich matches and had the footage flown out special.

It's all coming together now.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Of course he's not going to know anything about him. It's not like the Premier League is beamed around the world....

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Dorrans, Hyndman on loan and a proper, experienced and mobile holding midfielder and we're looking good. 

What about defence and strike force then?

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Of course he's not going to know anything about him. It's not like the Premier League is beamed around the world....

Yes, he watched a Norwhich games while in Mecico and that's where the admiration began.  I'm sure Pedro would've targeted Dorrans no matter what club he ended up at.  

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, he watched a Norwhich games while in Mecico and that's where the admiration began.  I'm sure Pedro would've targeted Dorrans no matter what club he ended up at.  

Has Jamie Milligan stolen your phone?

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

He's Andy haliday but with a shoe load of talent 

Only a shoe load? Not sure that's enough to be honest. 

Just now, ben51 said:

Only a shoe load? Not sure that's enough to be honest. 

Actually a sock load

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Actually a sock load

Isn't that what you get after you've had a wank?

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Wait a minute...

32 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You're thought process is bizarre. Not just in this case but in general.

4 people like this