bluepeter

***Rumours thread***

8,243 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, he watched a Norwhich games while in Mecico and that's where the admiration began.  I'm sure Pedro would've targeted Dorrans no matter what club he ended up at.  

You can apply that logic to any potential target, though .. someone from Derby County (aye I'm sure he watched Derby while in Mexico), a Ukrainian defender (aye I'm sure he watched him from all the way over in Mexico), that boy at Hearts everyone wanks over (Yeah I bet he's aware of him from the comfort of his Mexican front room)

I think the guy knows his football tbh .. one of the first things he done when coming here and before our game against Hamilton was give us the lowdown on how much he rates Ali Crawford ... he must have been watching him from his Mexico hoose eh

2 people like this

Pedro mentioned a couple weeks ago in a press conference he's been drawing up lists of players or looking at players - can't recall the exact wording he used - and has been looking at scottish players as he wants some scottish players in his team. A few our own players could've recommended him, who the fuck knows or cares how (if it's actually Dorrans he was even there to see in the first place) he knows about him.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Pedro mentioned a couple weeks ago in a press conference he's been drawing up lists of players or looking at players - can't recall the exact wording he used - and has been looking at scottish players as he wants some scottish players in his team. A few our own players could've recommended him, who the fuck knows or cares how (if it's actually Dorrans he was even there to see in the first place) he knows about him.

Like you say there's loads of ways he could've seen him or been informed of him.

Maybe even GD agent has said he's looking to come up the road and will only go to Rangers. JJ may have watCed him.and said no he's shite. 

TMB is just gutted it'd no.vuckic we are watching 

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You're thought process is bizarre. Not just in this case but in general.

The only comment I made was about Pedro drawing from his own experience more when it came to player acquisition.  I have no need to convince myself Pedro has been secretly watching Norwich and Scotland over the last few years due to a long standing admiration for Dorrans.

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Like you say there's loads of ways he could've seen him or been informed of him.

Maybe even GD agent has said he's looking to come up the road and will only go to Rangers. JJ may have watCed him.and said no he's shite. 

TMB is just gutted it'd no.vuckic we are watching 

If Dorrans was recommended to Pedro or JJ that's perfectly fine.  He could turn out to be a great player for Rangers.  My comment was simply about Pedro drawing more from his own knowledge when it came to player acusition while he's at Rangers.  That's a fair point and attacking me regarding Vuckic won't change that.

For what it's worth, I did say Vuckic would've been a good signing last summer.  Giving the amount of shite we currently have midfield to front I was probably right. 

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You can apply that logic to any potential target, though .. someone from Derby County (aye I'm sure he watched Derby while in Mexico), a Ukrainian defender (aye I'm sure he watched him from all the way over in Mexico), that boy at Hearts everyone wanks over (Yeah I bet he's aware of him from the comfort of his Mexican front room)

I think the guy knows his football tbh .. one of the first things he done when coming here and before our game against Hamilton was give us the lowdown on how much he rates Ali Crawford ... he must have been watching him from his Mexico hoose eh

You've missed my point entirely and ended up spouting a load of nonsense.  

I made comment about Pedro drawing from his own knowledge when it comes to player requirement.  I'm hopeful there's players in Mexico, Finland, or elsewhere, that our coaches know about and can go and get.  That might bring us some talented players at a discount which we need if we're going to close the gap on Celtic.  If we're going to go after the same old targets like Crawford and Dorrans then I'd be disappointed.  

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I made comment about Pedro drawing from his own knowledge when it comes to player requirement.  I'm hopeful there's players in Mexico, Finland, or elsewhere, that our coaches know about and can go and get.  That might bring us some talented players at a discount which we need if we're going to close the gap on Celtic.  If we're going to go after the same old targets like Crawford and Dorrans then I'd be disappointed.  

Maybe you should make a more coherent point then so I'll not miss it next time. 

Ironic you accuse me of spouting nonsense while saying at the very end of that comment you'd be disappointed if we wen't for Dorrans, serious question, who you expecting like? you wouldn't take Dorrans a serious talent and a Rangers fan but you'd some dodgy bastard from Mexico? 

Happy with Vuckic, disappointed with Dorrans. Logic?

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe you should make a more coherent point then so I'll not miss it next time. 

Ironic you accuse me of spouting nonsense while saying at the very end of that comment you'd be disappointed if we wen't for Dorrans, serious question, who you expecting like? 

I would hope our search for talent goes beyond Scotland, England, and players who were known to us previously.  I thought, having brought in a manger with so much experience outside the UK, we would identify players from places we normally wouldn't look.

Asking me to name those players simply proves that you've missed my point entirely.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I would hope our search for talent goes beyond Scotland, England, and players who were known to us previously.  I thought, having brought in a manger with so much experience outside the UK, we would identify players from places we normally wouldn't look.

Asking me to name those players simply proves that you've missed my point entirely.

So you'd rather some unknown, random gamble from Mexico (for example) over a proven talent and Rangers fan like Dorrans. Got ya. You can keep telling me I'm missing the point until you're blue in the face - I'm not missing the point (I've said loads myself we should explore leagues like Ukraine, Croatia, Serbia, Belarus, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia etc especially for good solid defenders) but choiced with a gamble from there or a proven talent - the proven talent wins each and every time even if it does come across as lazy scouting .. an extreme example but if Chelsea bid for Messi, would you consider that lazy scouting or them doing their best to strengthen with a talent? 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Happy with Vuckic, disappointed with Dorrans. Logic?

I would've been happy with Vuckic last summer and certainly think he would've been better than some of the player we did sign.

Also, I never said I was disappointed with Dorrans.  I've stated a number of times that he could be a good player for us.  I'm disappointed that we're going after the same old targets when the manager clearly has knowledge of players outside the UK.  However, the transfer window hasn't yet opened and I'm sure the manager will draw from his own knowledge and experience in time.

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we're going to go after the same old targets like Crawford and Dorrans then I'd be disappointed.  

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Also, I never said I was disappointed with Dorrans.  

Fuckup

So you'd rather some unknown, random gamble from Mexico (for example) over a proven talent and Rangers fan like Dorrans. Got ya. You can keep telling me I'm missing the point until you're blue in the face - I'm not missing the point (I've said loads myself we should explore leagues like Ukraine, Croatia, Serbia, Belarus, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia etc especially for good solid defenders) but choiced with a gamble from there or a proven talent - the proven talent wins each and every time even if it does come across as lazy scouting .. an extreme example but if Chelsea bid for Messi, would you consider that lazy scouting or them doing their best to strengthen with a talent? 

We trust Pedro's ability to win this league and that means identifying players.  If he signed someone who was known to him previously I'd be happy about that.  It's not an unknown quantity or a risk if the manager knows what he's getting and I do think your struggling to understand that point.  In all likelihood, our manager knows the player base in Mexico better than that of the SPFL and England.  

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fuckup

In your eagerness to win a debate you've taken something I said out of context.  

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We trust Pedro's ability to win this league and that means identifying players.  If he signed someone who was known to him previously I'd be happy about that.  It's not an unknown quantity or a risk if the manager knows what he's getting and I do think your struggling to understand that point.  In all likelihood, our manager knows the player base in Mexico better than that of the SPFL and England.  

It's an easy thing to keep saying to someone when your the one talking pish yourself "your missing the point"

Fine I'm missing the point then, but you're also missing mine.

1 target and the moan is the same old targets?  Ok. 

Dorrans could be a great signing who has the potential to make a massive impact. A vast improvement to what we currently have

In your eagerness to win a debate you've taken something I said out of context.  

I knew that was coming :lol: what's to take out of context? you either wanta good player or not? ... why would you say no to a good player just because you think it constitutes lazy scouting? your a mentalist mate. 

Just now, WilliamMunny said:

1 target and the moan is the same old targets?  Ok. 

Dorrans could be a great signing who has the potential to make a massive impact. A vast improvement to what we currently have

I agree that Dorrans could be a good signing.  However, wouldn't you like to see the manager grab players who are better known to him?  When Rodgers took over Celtic he went after Sinclair because he had previous knowledge of that player and knew he could do a job for him in Scotland.  I would hope our manager has some players in mind that could do a job for us.  

I knew that was coming :lol: what's to take out of context? you either wanta good player or not? ... why would you say no to a good player just because you think it constitutes lazy scouting? your a mentalist mate. 

With all due respect, you're an idiot who would rather get caught up in an argument that discuss the footballing point.

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I agree that Dorrans could be a good signing.  However, wouldn't you like to see the manager grab players who are better known to him?  When Rodgers took over Celtic he went after Sinclair because he had previous knowledge of that player and knew he could do a job for him in Scotland.  I would hope our manager has some players in mind that could do a job for us.  

I am sure he will do just that

its Only April 

Just now, WilliamMunny said:

I am sure he will do just that

its Only April 

Then we agree.

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Then we agree.

There is nothing wrong with PC scouting players recommended to him as well as looking at players he already knows about.  He will make the final call if he thinks they are good enough for us.  We just need to respect that and give whatever players he brings in a chance.

3 hours ago, RDFM said:

Vuckic is shite. 

I think he's alright for the English lower levels, but even then not for a team looking to progress into the championship and upwards. Definitely not someone I'd want to see us bring back, though I did think he at least put a shift in whilst he was here. 

If anybody finds a missing point, in this thread, could you please inform K.A.I & T_M_B as one of them, or both, appear to missing the point. Thank you...