What does our European ban involve?

Read this yesterday about Malaga:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22573330

The crucial bit is that they were banned from Europe for each season that they qualified for

Does this apply to us? Do we have to win top division in Scotland a number of times to serve out this three year ban?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, our ban is because of Newco status, which is different to Malaga's ( which is due to the FFP Rule).

We need to provide 3 years full accounts.

I would love to have this clarified as well.

On top of that, we would then need to qualify for Europe, which is where we need to build a strong team for the top division.

2012/13 - 3 years

2013/14 - 2 years

2014/15 - 1 year

So yeah, it'll be the beginning of the 2015/16 season infact.

So the year we (hopefully) get back into the top flight will be the same year we can get back into Europe. Shall be an exciting season!

2012/13 - 3 years

2013/14 - 2 years

2014/15 - 1 year

Very unlikely that we'll be playing in Europe at any stage during the 2015/16 season. It would require a Scottish Cup win (or possibly runners up) for us to qualify for Europa League qualifiers whilst a 1st Division side.

Think it will most likely by 2016/2017 season before we get a sniff of European football again.

Seem to remember that isn't set in stone, if we were to win the Scottish Cup next year there is a path to get early dispensation from the SFA, what are our chances of getting anything from the SFA? what are our chances of winning the Scottish cup?

Wouldn't hold my breath for one and can dream about the other...

Seem to remember that isn't set in stone, if we were to win the Scottish Cup next year there is a path to get early dispensation from the SFA, what are our chances of getting anything from the SFA? what are our chances of winning the Scottish cup?

Wouldn't hold my breath for one and can dream about the other...

Well obviously it would be for the good if Scottish football and the co-efficient to try to get us back in, therefore the whole nation would be behind fast-tracking is into Europe should we win a cup. Not necessarily going to hold my breath though.

2012/13 - 3 years

2013/14 - 2 years

2014/15 - 1 year

So the year we (hopefully) get back into the top flight will be the same year we can get back into Europe. Shall be an exciting season!

This is going to be a long hard slog

Well obviously it would be for the good if Scottish football and the co-efficient to try to get us back in, therefore the whole nation would be behind fast-tracking is into Europe should we win a cup. Not necessarily going to hold my breath though.

The good of Scottish football comes a poor second to the call for sporting integrity, if such an unlikly outcome came about, there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the footballing fraternity, IMO our chances improve in direct proportion to how well hearts are treated. The irony of that will be totally lost on some..

We can't be fast tracked.. We simply don't meet UEFA's requirements to compete.

By transferring to a new company our previous UEFA license is now void... so we need to remain in our current form for 3 years before UEFA will grant us a new one.

It has nothing to do the SFA.

A licence applicant may only be a football club, i.e. a legal entity fully responsible

for a football team participating in national and international competitions which

either:

a) is a registered member of a UEFA member association and/or its affiliated

league (hereinafter: registered member); or

b) has a contractual relationship with a registered member (hereinafter: football

company).

The membership and the contractual relationship (if any) must have lasted – at

the start of the licence season – for at least three consecutive years. Any

alteration to the club’s legal form or company structure (including, for example,

changing its headquarters, name or club colours, or transferring stakeholdings

between different clubs) during this period in order to facilitate its qualification on

sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence to the detriment of the integrity of a

competition is deemed as an interruption of member

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

By transferring to a new company our previous UEFA license is now void... so we need to remain in our current form for 3 years before UEFA will grant us a new one.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 15 is interesting.

Read this yesterday about Malaga:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22573330

The crucial bit is that they were banned from Europe for each season that they qualified for

Does this apply to us? Do we have to win top division in Scotland a number of times to serve out this three year ban?

Our's isn't a ban per se. We don't meet the criteria to qualify for Europe because we don't have 3 years accounts.

We have already served one year so it is 2 years to go.

We need 3 years accounts. I'm not sure at what point we need to have them. The first year's accounts are for the year ended 30th June 2013 which are due at Companies House by 28th February 2014. Obviously they haven't been filed yet, because there's still 6 weeks to go before the year end, so at the moment we still don't have any accounts.

Article 15 is interesting.

Was just going to post that, thanks.

Its really meant to cover the possibility of a non-league team winning the Scottish cup. But it covers an early route back to european football at the request of the SFA.

as far as i am aware we are not really banned from europe, we cant play because we dont have 3 years of accounts to show. There has however been teams before who have played without accounts dating back 3 years ,all you need for this to happen is the sfa to back us and give us dispensation to play, which uefa have accepted before. I keep hoping we win a cup with a euro place so we can make an issue of this and heap more pressure on the sfa.

Was just going to post that, thanks.

Its really meant to cover the possibility of a non-league team winning the Scottish cup. But it covers an early route back to european football at the request of the SFA.

That's my interpretation aswell, or possibly a new club/company. I would like this article put to a test case IF we win the SC.

At the end of the day it should be about the football and not the business.

I think saying its a ban is the wrong terminology as we're illegible due to the three year accounts. Its two seperate issues. A ban is a punishment for wrongdoing, having a new company isn't a wrong.

Exactly what I was going to say. No ban. One of the UEFA license requirements is 3 years of audited and published accounts. It could technically prevent any team from performing in Europe if they failed to meet that requirement.

We should become eligible during season 2014-2015 in which case only a Scottish Cup win that season would allow us to qualify for Europe the following season.

Exactly what I was going to say. No ban. One of the UEFA license requirements is 3 years of audited and published accounts. It could technically prevent any team from performing in Europe if they failed to meet that requirement.

We should become eligible during season 2014-2015 in which case only a Scottish Cup win that season would allow us to qualify for Europe the following season.

Read http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 15 and its associated annex (IV)

There is absolutely no reason we could not request a special extraordinary license to compete in the Europa league, if we win the Scottish cup, before the end of our INELIGIBLE period of three years. We are not BANNED from Europe, merely ineligible due to not having three years financial documents.

Of course, they may well insist on the three years financials as part of the documentation required and refuse that way but we can still apply....

The Champion's League would be out for us as we can not (unless reconstructed in) get into, and win, the top division within the three years anyway.

http://www.uefa.com/...12_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So what happens to the Rangers coefficient that is still accumulating points when we re-enter euro competitions?

91equal.png50121.pngRangers FC SCO 0.375 6.533 12.720 2.050 0.860 22.538

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html