Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

Like everyone on here i love Walter but i really hope this is not gonna lead down the road of jobs for the boys.

Would still like Charles back in some capacity and would be great if they could work together although i can't see Charles coming back.

Oh and F*ck that Daily Rhecord rhag

It's a show appointment anyway as decisions are made by committee. Sir Walter needs no business acumen to be a chairman, ideally you want a businessman but SWS would have the same input if he was just a board member. I think it's an appointment of trust and stability, the stock market NEED stability for investors and a figure head like SWS at the heLm makes very clever business sense, probably short term, and will definitely sell season tickets.

Has this actually been confirmed yet or are we all lazy bastards and still in bed?

Derinatley not what I expected, but then what does a chairman do as our one at works seems to be more a symbol as he has loads of expierencw in our business and well respected in it but is getting on a bit and doubt he has a major role in day to day business.

I'm really not sure what to make of this. Seems,as has been suggested,that this could be a move made to sell season tickets. So rather than actually sorting this out,we've went for a short term option as I don't expect Walter to stay on as permanent chairman. Just my opinion of course,which could well be completely wrong :)

Not sure what to think of this.My concern is . How quiet Mr Green has been over the last few weeks.And im thinking maybe we havent heard the last of all the shit thats been going on.

A chairman is really nothing more than a figurehead.....it's not a full time position and although I'm not one of those who believe Walter is the only man who can save us I think it's a smart move by the board and hopefully things can calm down now and we can move forward!