Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

:D

I hope he gets that all the time.

Was watching a thing last night with him on it (Britains best drives since you ask) and he was saying how in traffic jams etc he has never been asked for an autograph but does get 'Certain sayings being quoted' at him :lol:

Strange, because it was Ahmad that knew Murray and Ahmad who was running the show basically.

It's pretty irrelevant now anyway, Green has nine hours to decide if he wants to stay or go. If he hasn't already made his mind up.

Pretty easily explanation - Ahmad would have introduced or recommended him and Green appointed him

No, Imran Ahmad via Charles Green were leaking to McLaughlin at the BBC. That's how he got the interview with the Easdales too.

Murray was guilty of leaking to Jackson and probably Richard Wilson as well. Though at least Richard Wilson is a bear.

So it was. Too many people leaking to too many outsiders can occasionally lead to crossed wires.

Jackson is allegedly a bear too albeit of a different variety.

Cometh the hour cometh the Man......again and again and again! Well done Walter........Great News as a figurehead it's spot on, as a answer to the conspirators outside the club they can't question his fit and proper criteria.

To all the Rangers men haters on here who have wanted him rid of or calling him inept in a business capacity....think again!

Indeed. Walter and Ally are iconic figures that we can all rally around....well, most of us anyway.

Indeed. Walter, and Ally, are iconic figures that we can all rally around....well, most of us anyway.

Jobs furra boys. Wonder how long until Archie Knox is Financial director and Davie Dodds is in charge of the commercial side of things.

As much as I can see the obvious downsides - which people have been talking about all morning, in the short term this will bring some stability to the club regardless if you agree with the appointment or not - so that's a massive plus at least and badly needed

As much as I can see the obvious downsides - which people have been talking about all morning, in the short term this will bring some stability to the club regardless if you agree with the appointment or not - so that's a massive plus at least and badly needed

Well it will at least keep the King camp happy

Agreed. Should surely bring some stability. Fucking hope so anyway.

Agreed. Should surely bring some stability. Fucking hope so anyway.

Yeah

Don't get me wrong, I'm mixed on it and far from over the moon but it will be nice for things to now settle down and we can concentrate on football and moving forward. If this appointment means just that then I'm for it in the short term. Long term, even medium term I'm not convinced.