Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

Anyone else think that Bain coming back may have been one of Imran's many rumours that he leaked on here in his propaganda campaign?

Oh wait, that's right, it was.... :sherlock:

Remind me why we're taking that guy seriously again?

So you're saying those of you who are past your best will not think this is good, because you're wiser than everyone else.

Aye, nae bother.

Buzz you are another one that appeared from nowhere to stir the shit..............and you are well...........let me be polite............a silly fool to think that Watty is a good choice after his less than shite input when the Club was in trouble.............bad judgement re his choice of group he acted as spokesman for, a stupid bid when the Club was free of debts.........really Buzz sticks out like a sore thumb as to why you reappeared. And why little boy fury has been on here a lot more than he has been for months.

I must admit when i caught the rumor this morning before work i was puzzled and a bit concerned but as a N.E.Chairman Walter wont be running us day to day but he can provide a watchfull eye over the rest of the board. If Bain or any of the others start coming back, or we start lying down before the sfa or sphell then i will share you're concern but this is stability for the moment and Walter is very good at dealing with big egos and keeping disipline, which is key to his job right now. I doubt this is a long term appointment but more of a short term stabilising and PR move, which im happy with.

More or less my feelings too.

I just hope if guys like Bain start coming back, the dignified silence pish happens and we lie down to Spl and Sfa then the people on here that think this is a 100% magical appointment take their heads out their arse and not sit making tiresome excuses for Walter. We see it happen after every bad result McCoist has a manager and the same people will do the same thing for Smith even if he's in the wrong at times.

I'm happy enough short term because this will bring stability which we need.

You having a bad day buttercup?

:7325: you really have to try harder peaceful ....I have the advantge that I know the day is coming when you make a right ass of your self on tv..........lights camera , disaster :7325:

What is it you are really after in the overall scheme of things peaceful............?

I'm really not sure what to make of this. Seems,as has been suggested,that this could be a move made to sell season tickets. So rather than actually sorting this out,we've went for a short term option as I don't expect Walter to stay on as permanent chairman. Just my opinion of course,which could well be completely wrong :)

Do you honestly think that Walter Smith would be used as a pawn to sell ST? Come on get a grip. Remember this is the same man that worked for 18 months without a contract for the good of the club. You can bet your bottom dollar that Liewell and Doncaster and Reagan wont be looing forward to crossing swords with him. :21:

Buzz you are another one that appeared from nowhere to stir the shit..............and you are well...........let me be polite............a silly fool to think that Watty is a good choice after his less than shite input when the Club was in trouble.............bad judgement re his choice of group he acted as spokesman for, a stupid bid when the Club was free of debts.........really Buzz sticks out like a sore thumb as to why you reappeared. And why little boy fury has been on here a lot more than he has been for months.

I honestly don't really know how to respond to that. Extremely paranoid and full of hatred. Clearly you bought into Ahmads leaks on here a little too seriously.

I'm afraid all I can say to you is this.

rvy3he.jpg

I forgot when Malcolm Murray was chairman he done everything in the club. From running the club day to day, making board changes etc..

Unless Walter owned the club his role as chairman is token and is mainly there as a figurehead.

I can't believe I'm reading that Bain etc.. will be back now and everyone is raging.

More or less my feelings too.

I just hope if guys like Bain start coming back, the dignified silence pish happens and we lie down to Spl and Sfa then the people on here that think this is a 100% magical appointment take their heads out their arse and not sit making tiresome excuses for Walter. We see it happen after every bad result McCoist has a manager and the same people will do the same thing for Smith even if he's in the wrong at times.

I'm happy enough short term because this will bring stability which we need.

There will always be one or two who think that a love of Rangers can conqure all and no other qualifications are needed but i think most people understand why this has happened and that Walter is not a god, but he is as good as we could hope for right now.

Do you honestly think that Walter Smith would be used as a pawn to sell ST? Come on get a grip. Remember this is the same man that worked for 18 months without a contract for the good of the club. You can bet your bottom dollar that Liewell and Doncaster and Reagan wont be looing forward to crossing swords with him. :21:

Don't read to much into working without a contract.

You seriously go by here? :lol:

This place has had a contrary opinion to pretty much everything since as long as I've used it.

What you are forgetting about is that with the title that Walter has does not mean that he can bring any one on board. They will have to be voted in by the board. Never read so many scaremongering story's outside of Kerrydale Street :21:

I honestly don't really know how to respond to that. Extremely paranoid and full of hatred. Clearly you bought into Ahmads leaks on here a little too seriously.

I'm afraid all I can say to you is this.

rvy3he.jpg

Tut tut buzz that old chesnut, sure sign that you are fucked with answering a point , when you resort to that......fury has the same dna omg are you his other profile.

Now Big Al you don't want to go down that road with me again as you seem to go in the huff when asked about the Big Al name. The man was posted missing when the club was in the shit, made bad choices as to who he backed with ridiculous bids. And you at that dumb you can't see this.

Those are your opinions. Putting aside how truly ridiculous they are, ultimately they are irrelevant to my point, as is your infantile dig.

My point is how much power do you think a non executive chairman actually has? Care to answer that or will you just make something up again?

:7325: you really have to try harder peaceful ....I have the advantge that I know the day is coming when you make a right ass of your self on tv..........lights camera , disaster :7325:

What is it you are really after in the overall scheme of things peaceful............?

You literally have no advantage. You do amuse me though.

Tut tut buzz that old chesnut, sure sign that you are fucked with answering a point , when you resort to that......fury has the same dna omg are you his other profile.

I don't even know Fury, have never spoken to him. But because I refuse to tow the ED party line that this is bad news, I'm automatically Fury. :rolleyes:

Sounds pretty similar of a criticism you level at another forum, no?

Did you check back on the CRO Podcasts ?

Lol! No, this may come as a shock but I don't take you that seriously.

Why do you always want to talk about me? How about getting back on topic and discussing a great day for the majority of bears?

Those are your opinions. Putting aside how truly ridiculous they are, ultimately they are irrelevant to my point, as is your infantile dig.

My point is how much power do you think a non executive chairman actually has? Care to answer that or will you just make something up again?

Non Exec

He a Non Exec Chairman can have a lot of power on a Board, depends how strong he is and what his gameplan is........reall Big Al come on it's not the title but the man you uses the title for his own ends .