The Xbox One

Straight-Edge-Loyal

Playstation easily beating xbox on Amazon in North America in terms of orders.

xbox have even fallen behind the Nintendo in Canada! lol.

Ouch!

Seems the damage has already been done whether they reversed all the stupid stuff or not.

Being.fair the whole DRM and always online had a few good points a Steam like system coming and as well as the family share.stuff but there.was the obvious negatives as well but for me it was mostly good now we.will see no progression and nothing much different from the next gen either and for me thats sad.

The online DRM didn't bother me as I buy all my games new and always playing them online, regardless if it's single player or not.

The thing that does bother me is having to pay for the kinect. Got the first one and it's utter pish!

Just think controllers will probably be a thing of the past when they develop a system good enough to use human movement.

Playing FIFA slide tackling yer table could be good :lol:

It was mostly good now we.will see no progression and nothing much different from the next gen either and for me thats sad.

If that was Microsofts idea of the next gen then consumers are better off with the status quo.

Hence, the massive cheers from the crowd at the Sony Playstation conference when all the guy was really saying was.... "Erm, basically things are staying the same" lol.

If that was Microsofts idea of the next gen then consumers are better off with the status quo.

Hence, the massive cheers from the crowd at the Sony Playstation conference when all the guy was really saying was.... "Erm, basically things are staying the same" lol.

Steam is supposed to be brilliant on the pc though havent used it but something similar on the Xbox would have been amazing particuarly with.the offers that pop up from time to time on here.

I never seen any of the Sony conference as was working so no idea what.they.annouced.

Just think controllers will probably be a thing of the past when they develop a system good enough to use human movement.

Playing FIFA slide tackling yer table could be good :lol:

That should be what this gen of Kinect does though the last one was dissapointing to say the least though.

The online DRM didn't bother me as I buy all my games new and always playing them online, regardless if it's single player or not.

The thing that does bother me is having to pay for the kinect. Got the first one and it's utter pish!

The new Kinect is meant to be able to record and play with whatever you do and make the exact movements appear on screen.

The new Kinect is meant to be able to record and play with whatever you do and make the exact movements appear on screen.

I just understand why anybody wants this. The only thing I see Kinect being good for is parties or if you have a few mates round. Otherwise, I'd rather sit still with a controller in my hand - preferably without being watched by my console the whole time! Maybe that's just me though...

I just understand why anybody wants this. The only thing I see Kinect being good for is parties or if you have a few mates round. Otherwise, I'd rather sit still with a controller in my hand - preferably without being watched by my console the whole time! Maybe that's just me though...

I think tennis games are about the only thing I'd enjoy with it

True, like Tennis games on the Wii are always good. But even then the novelty wares off for me. Plus i'm just a lazy bastard.

:lol:

I agree although I'd think I'd rather a tennis game with no controller than running up and down my Livingston slide tackling the carpet for FIFA etc :lol:

I bought the new g1 jockey game as I had all the others in the series from ps1 to the 360 version and the new one was kinect enabled. Feel like a bit of a sack stood there pretending yer on a horse and slapping yer own arse :lol:

It will work for some games but as you say many just don't feel right minus the controller

There was supposed to be a Kinect Call of Duty last time round never happened for whatever reason all that has to change is get serious developers making serious hardcore games and we will see a much better periferal imo.

:lol:

I agree although I'd think I'd rather a tennis game with no controller than running up and down my Livingston slide tackling the carpet for FIFA etc :lol:

I bought the new g1 jockey game as I had all the others in the series from ps1 to the 360 version and the new one was kinect enabled. Feel like a bit of a sack stood there pretending yer on a horse and slapping yer own arse :lol:

It will work for some games but as you say many just don't feel right minus the controller

Hahahahahahahaha

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Game developers claiming games "can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One"

That is a massive difference! Only the most dedicated of Xbox fans could possibly buy this instead of the Playstation.

Should people be laughing at Xbox or worried?..... That is a very interesting question. Why? Well, there's a chance games will only be made at Xbox level so as not to rock the boat. Microsoft wont be happy with companies who put out far better versions on another platform. So, we could all suffer thanks to Xbox being a pile of shite.

Game developers claiming games "can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One"

That is a massive difference! Only the most dedicated of Xbox fans could possibly buy this instead of the Playstation.

Should people be laughing at Xbox or worried?..... That is a very interesting question. Why? Well, there's a chance games will only be made at Xbox level so as not to rock the boat. Microsoft wont be happy with companies who put out far better versions on another platform. So, we could all suffer thanks to Xbox being a pile of shite.

Think your making stuff up lol, Forza 1080p 60fps, Cod 1080p 60fps, Why on earth would console games run at 1600x900 lol

Also Game devs are under NDA to talk about Xbox One right now. Your not a fanboy talking shit are you?

The PS3 was more powerful than 360...look how that turned out....As long as we get great games no one will care about slight differences.

Think your making stuff up lol, Forza 1080p 60fps, Cod 1080p 60fps, Why on earth would console games run at 1600x900 lol

Also Game devs are under NDA to talk about Xbox One right now. Your not a fanboy talking shit are you?

The PS3 was more powerful than 360...look how that turned out....As long as we get great games no one will care about slight differences.

Am I a playstation fanboy? lol. Nope. I do prefer Playstation if truth be told but i still ditched my PS3 for an Xbox 360 as I just want the best gaming experience regardless of what console it is.

I got the benchmark info from here....

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

I agree with with your comment that as long as we get great games nobody will care. That said, it still does not change the fact that if the gap is so huge then Playstation games could be sabotaged so they are similar to Xbox versions. Even if they are still great games, we *could* be missing out thanks to the quality of the xbox console.

Maybe i'm wrong and developers wont care about annoying Microsoft by putting out a better version on another console. If that is the case and these benchmark tests are correct then, whilst we may not notice a huge difference right away, by the time it gets to say 2018 and the consoles are a bit more dated and devs know how to get the best out of the system there will be a gulf between xbox and playstation games.

Am I a playstation fanboy? lol. Nope. I do prefer Playstation if truth be told but i still ditched my PS3 for an Xbox 360 as I just want the best gaming experience regardless of what console it is.

I got the benchmark info from here....

http://www.edge-onli...ne-performance/

I agree with with your comment that as long as we get great games nobody will care. That said, it still does not change the fact that if the gap is so huge then Playstation games could be sabotaged so they are similar to Xbox versions. Even if they are still great games, we *could* be missing out thanks to the quality of the xbox console.

Maybe i'm wrong and developers wont care about annoying Microsoft by putting out a better version on another console. If that is the case and these benchmark tests are correct then, whilst we may not notice a huge difference right away, by the time it gets to say 2018 and the consoles are a bit more dated and devs know how to get the best out of the system there will be a gulf between xbox and playstation games.

That article is so much shite :lol:

That article is so much shite :lol:

Shite enough for Microsoft to issue a response to?.....

“Ten years ago, you could argue that a console’s power was summed up in terms of a few of its specs, but Xbox One is designed as a powerful machine to deliver the best blockbuster games today and for the next decade.

Xbox One architecture is much more complex than what any single figure can convey. It was designed with balanced performance in mind, and we think the games we continue to show running on near-final hardware demonstrate that performance. In the end, we’ll let the consoles and their games speak for themselves.”

Sounds like an admission the Playstation is the better console in terms of specs. Of course, he say's the hardware is "near-final" so there may be some improvements but Sony are still working to improve their system as well.