***The Official Albion Rovers vs Rangers Match Thread***

Scott Gallacher has to play in goals against Forfar so he will probably play today and Bell will play against Dundee.

I would use Gallacher in all the league games in August so we can use 2 outfield trialists in them. So would use Cammy in this game along with the Dundee and Newcastle games to keep him active.

As I'm working till late, i'm gonna record the match on Alba then watch when i get home tonight. Will avoid here and twitter for the rest of the day!

You are probably not old enough to remember an episode of The Likely Lads which has similarities to your situation and today's rain - be warned!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Wednesdays starting 11 will be pretty much our starting line up today however me personally I would go....

Gallagher

Macusland Cribari. Gasparato. Wallace

Black

Law. Macleod. Aird

Daly. Little

No big lee ? I think he is a cert to start up front! Probably instead of Daly and I think templeton will also start of fit ( for airs) despite not featuring preseason

You are probably not old enough to remember an episode of The Likely Lads which has similarities to your situation and today's rain - be warned!!!!!!

I remember that it was on telly a few weeks ago :D pretty hard to do that now with SKY the internet, 24hr news and sports channels, texting ect.

Nothing on either club's website about a pitch inspection but it's been hammering down all night out my way, don't imagine it's much different through in Livingston.

Could do with some news from someone official.

First game of Stage 2.

First beer on the go... :beer1:

The excitement is building! :D

Just about to get the train to Bridgeton where I'll get ma first voddie then into Whitburn before the game where I will drink my own bodyweight in bottled beer

Prollies piss and shit the bed tonight yas :D

Nothing on either club's website about a pitch inspection but it's been hammering down all night out my way, don't imagine it's much different through in Livingston.

Could do with some news from someone official.

As long as they knew in advance re the heavy rain through the night and covered the pitch then there won't be a problem.....looking at what man city played in the other day in Hong Kong kind of puts into perspective the concept of a waterlogged pitch.....I think and hope it will be fine.

No big lee ? I think he is a cert to start up front! Probably instead of Daly and I think templeton will also start of fit ( for airs) despite not featuring preseason

If he plays up top instead of daly and we ise one of the other trialists fair enough but he and cribari as a defensive pairing is quite a horrible prospect even against Albion rovers....I personally would use jig sparingly this season as I think there are stronger players in each of the 3 positions he could play.....

Don't think Templeton will be risked, especially not from the start....

There were plenty games last season that went ahead despite the weather. Remember one game where the rain was going sideways and we still played.

There is such a massive financial incentive for these wee teams to keep the game on, especially when on tv, calling off the game is an ultimate last resort.

Just about to get the train to Bridgeton where I'll get ma first voddie then into Whitburn before the game where I will drink my own bodyweight in bottled beer

Prollies piss and shit the bed tonight yas :D

:thumbup:

That's the way.