Boycotts this season and in the future

The other part of me doesn't ever want to see our players without our support ever again or see our club suffer because of our hurt and anger.

Exactly - I think that is what most people have the problem with. In general our fans want to hit back at SPL clubs but also want to support our club/players as much as possible - unfortunately it is hard to do the one without the other. The only point I would make is that the players would know why the fans are boycotting - they are all media savvy these days via facebook, twitter and via forums like RM. Just show the Leeds game in '92 to show the players what can be done without an away support! Ultimately, it's the choice of the individual.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't dream of telling anyone how/when to support our team, but speaking personally, no other team in the SPL, as was, will ever receive a penny from me again. I will only watch Rangers at Ibrox and Europe. Completely sickened by last year and now that I know how much they hate us, they can all go fuck themselves. In the long run it might not make any difference, but if there are enough like me...who knows?

After the dundee utd boycott last season was such a great success, and Rangers refused tickets, I doubt any boycotts would do any damage to the haters. OT I was reading somewhere that Aberdeen could be the next club to be in trouble, financially. Oh I do hope it is true, rather than just a false rumour.....

After Charles Green engineered a boycott of DU last season, do you see this happening again with any clubs this season?

Should it carry on up until and after we're in the top league again?

Scumfermilne to start, with remember John Yorkston I do and never will forget "We don't do Forgiving"

Let's get this into perspective, all these B#stards tried to kill us except a few, they tried to bribe & theft of cash to starve and choke us.

As I said, start with Scumfermilne Away if they are still around.

:nosfa::brokensfa::hanged:

Ill pick and chose what grounds ill return to. Like to think I wont go to an SPFL ground but I know I will end up going.

I know many call Dundee Utd boycott a failure, but I think part of that is because the teams performance was so disappointing. If Rangers had won that game or at least not got humped then I would have seen the boycott as a success, every club expects thousands upon thousands of bears, when a few hundred turned up it sent a message. And those who did turn up just embarrassed themselves.

If the fans themselves organized a boycott and it was not made public in the same way CG made it public then I think it would work out better, while I agree it was the right decision for CG to not take tickets, publicly stating so rallied the Utd fans so there were many more Utd fans there than would have normally been there.

The ground I wont return to are Tynecastle (hopefully there wont be any games there for long) Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Aberdeen, Dundee Hibs.

When we get back to the top the atmosphere will be electric, we need everything in our power to win the league and that includes a ferocious away support on our travels.

The best way to hit back at Scottish clubs is not to finance them through buying any of their players. For decades these clubs have been kept going through the players we have bought from them for large transfer fees. This must stop after the way they repaid Rangers.

After Charles Green engineered a boycott of DU last season, do you see this happening again with any clubs this season?

Should it carry on up until and after we're in the top league again?

Wrong forum --- FF is the boycott board