Ally to go by Thursday?

Boab

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it comes across, especially last couple of posts it reads he's rightly untouchable as he's a shareholder :lol: despite him getting all his shares of something insane like a penny :lol:

I was directly responding to a poster saying: "McCoist is not the club, the shareholders and fans are the club". It didn't make sense. In no way did I suggest that he was untouchable or bigger than the club, and that is not what I believe.

For what it's worth, I think Ally's time as manager is more or less up. That said, I said throughout last season that he should be given until this Christmas. I'm inclined to stick with that, particularly as he's signed 8 players and should get a chance to play them. Also because sacking a manager one game into a season is just daft.

I also believe that when he does go, it should be for purely footballing reasons. If he went now, I wouldn't trust that that was the case.

Finally, if he went now, like it or not, a lot of fans would lose trust in the club, and for that the club would suffer. There are a hell of a lot of fans out there who pay little or no attention to boardroom shenanigans, but still pay their money to watch the football. Rightly or wrongly, some of these people see Ally as the last bit of glue holding the club together.

All just my opinion of course.

He will not get the sack until the team he's bought this year gets a chance to play. That's not backing Ally for the sake of it or for his loyalty, or his status as a Rangers legend... that's just common~fucking~sense.

Exactly!

I was not in favour of him being given the job in the first place; the jump from being one of the boys as assistant to the respect needed to manage is too much at most clubs never mind Rangers.

His lack of organisation and lack of respect from the players was evident when he was in charge of cup games as assistant.

As a manager his lack of tactics,strange systems and even stranger team selections have convinced me even more that he has a very long way to go to prove himself a half decent manager.

But,as you said, it makes absolutely no sense to change managers when he has signed 8 players ( some of whom would probably not get a game for another manager anyway) and has used up most of the budget.

With the players and facilities at his disposal the next stage of the journey should be easily achievable even by our present management team.