'I don't want a separatist running Rangers' - Bill McMurdo

Boab

(A 'separatist' meaning someone who wants Scotland to run Scotland; independence)

After all that's happened, do you agree with this? Is this an issue for you?

I was thought it was tremendously childish to read this on his latest blog.

People keep asking me why I am pro-Green in the ongoing boardroom battle at Rangers.

The above picture says more than a thousand words ever could.

I have no personal issue with Jim McColl; I don’t know the man. I do know that he is behind the present turmoil at the club and that he has signed the requisition calling for three board members to be turfed out and replaced with two of his stooges.

In my opinion that is something Rangers don’t need at the moment. It is unsettling the club and has brought anguish to the fans.

McColl was part of a failed bid to get Rangers previously and is apparently averse to paying much for the club and opposed to investing in it. His reasons are seemingly that he doesn’t rate Rangers as a good business to invest in.

And that is the polite version of his views.

So anyone who cites McColl’s billionaire status as being a factor is talking mince. Rangers won’t be seeing a ha’penny of it, we are led to believe.

My main reason for opposing McColl’s involvement, other than that he is seeking control of the club despite ponying up nothing for it, is his politics.

McColl is one of the most prominent supporters of independence. I am a Unionist – like most Rangers fans – and I don’t want a separatist running Rangers.

I don’t apologise for this and I don’t agree that McColl’s politics are meaningless.

I also don’t like the way these people have gone about their business. The inclusion of Paul Murray in their plans shows the objective is to return Rangers to a previous model – SDM Lite if you will.

Not for me and not for many other fans.

If using the tactics these people have to manipulate fans and media and usurp control of the club is how real Rangers men operate, God help us from real Rangers men.

I’ve got more knives in my back from real Rangers men than I can count.

So I’m backing the present regime.

And anyone who kids themselves that the politics don’t matter can send me a postcard from the parallel universe they live in.

Ask the guy next to Jim McColl in the picture (Alex Salmond)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about anyone's politics. McColl is a shareholder and like any other shareholder he is entitled to express any concerns he has about the running of the Company. It's clear that his opinion is shared by almost a third of shareholders - people and institutions who paid good money for those shares. Are they right to be concerned? - only time will tell.

The words of republican jim;, “What we are watching here is a group of opportunists from another country who have absolutely no emotional attachment to Rangers – and no interest in how the club performs – but who have spotted an opportunity to try to make a quick buck".

All I can say is GSTQ ! :7325: :7325: :7325:

Completely agree with you boab politics have or rather should have nothing to do with running or supporting our football club.

I am a unionist but that's my personal choice and it makes me no better or worse a rangers fan than anybody else who's politics differ.

Mcmurdo should just shut up and stop bringing this stuff into the equation.

McMurdo wants to take a long hard look at himself.There is nobody more proud than me to be British.If a nationalist takes over Rangers and gets us back to where we should be then so be it.There are many Scottish Nationalists that support the Gers.Lets be honest its important to get the proper people running the club politics are secondary IMO.

to say im not keen on independence would be an understatement but I would not judge a buyer on that. I would accept Genghis khan or fucking Stalin just now if they could settle the club down and do what's right.

Seriously!?

I want a man, or men, who are going to help the club make good long term sustainable business decisions. Primarily so that me and my family can continue to follow a successful football team long into the future. End of story.

I have no issues with whether you are nationalist or unionist as long as you know how to run our club properly and boot everyone who is causing problems out.

Just when I thought things were getting back into a nice wee momentum, everyone who calls themselves a Rangers man threw their toys out the pram and created more embarrassment for us!

Get a mirror and take a long hard look at yourselves!

Charles and his consortium certainly don't care about politics here. They are in this to make a quick buck, no other reason. People probably assume Charles Green is an ardent unionist because he happens to be English. Personally I doubt he gives a feck what happens in 2014 so long as he makes his return here. Personal politics shouldn't be the thing that people are worried about at the moment.