Imran hits back via Bill McMurdo

It highlights again Christopher trying to play with the big boys and getting found out. If he wasn't in a rush to chose sides and do their bidding, he may not have potentially got involved in a multi million pound lawsuit.

If IMran Ahmed is due money, he is due money. Lets push him on reinvesting it along with another £500k. Our support lives in fairyland, business to these people is business. Our emotional attachment means nothing to them. We need to wait for the accounts and have both sides lay out their plans

"Our emotional attachment means nothing to them",that in reality is the sad part,but you are correct...

There is such a thing as a Scottish business establishment. McColl, Blin & Murray are fully paid up members. Green & Imran not. One day they will head off back down south with their gains (ill-gotten or not). Jack still has to work up here.

Anti English bile. They are fellow countrymen

Are you not concerned at McColl's way of working here, though? Wilfully driving down the share price with carefully timed media leaks in order to force the hand of those he sees as his opponents? Refusing to invest, laughably claiming his money "is not necessary here"? Repeatedly being drawn into a war of words, i.e. Green "does not deserve one penny"? Dictating the makeup of the new board and insisting an ex-David Murray era non-exec gets an executive position? Who exactly appointed McColl as kingmaker and rabble-rouser in chief until he gets his way?

1. He has not driven the share price down.

2. He has actually said very little. Hardly a war of words.

3. He is a shareholder as am I. He is under no more obligation than me to invest more money.

4. His money isn't needed right now. This is a battle for shareholder votes not further investment.

5. He is not dictating the composition of the future Board. He is making a proposal which will go to a vote of the shareholders.

Imran Hits Back

Posted on August 13, 2013by billmcmurdo

I spoke to Imran Ahmad about the story he is suing Rangers for £3.4 million.

He confirmed the story is true that the club owes him money and he is regrettably taking this action.

However, he has vowed that, whether the matter goes to court or whether there is an out of court settlement, he will plough whatever he gets back into the club.

Imran explained to me it was a matter of principle and that he is still committed to seeing the club do well.

His claims are based on a 5% commission he is due for profits on deals he brokered as Commercial Director.

I have received a breakdown on these deals and they stack up to a staggering £67 million which will benefit Rangers.

The real question about Imran Ahmad’s forced departure from Rangers should be:

Why was a man responsible for bringing millions into the club in a short period of time sent packing and who benefits from this money machine’s removal?

I am not saying Imran is a saint but I could put up with a lot from somebody who is working the Midas Touch on behalf of the team I love.

Here is a statement from Imran regarding both the commission due him and the Rangers Media incident, which I am reliably told is a possible breach of the Data Protection Act:

“Its true the club does owe me money.

In my view the full £3.4m is only due because of the way Chris Graham and Malcolm Murray leaked a story about me without any investigation or proof. I believe they continue to leak confidential club information such as this to the press in a misguided attempt to wage a propaganda campaign to win the forthcoming EGM. As far as EGM is concerned it does not matter what they say as I know we have more shares than them. I think this says more about the so called Rangers Men than me as the leaks are directly from their camp and everyone knows they’re very close to Keith Jackson and the Daily Record. If the real Rangers Men want control of Ibrox the morally correct thing to do is buy a controlling stake in the market. Not try to continually seize control without investing a penny.

Charles Green has agreed to tell the truth if it goes to court i.e. I am due 5% bonus on all the commercial deals I negotiated on behalf of the club. I am hardly going to turn my back on a bonus which is due to me when I’ve directly negotiated £67m worth of contracts which benefit the club over the next 5-10 years.

Neither myself or Charles have ever wanted this to go to court as we are substantial shareholders and in fact Charles had already brokered a deal with the club for a fraction of the full liability but the club has not signed up to it. I had also offered to reinvest all my bonus proceeds plus an additional extra £500k of my own money back into the club. At least this shows how much I’ve contributed to the club and the fact that I am prepared to put more cash into the club.”

Ahmad reiterated to me that he wants to buy more shares in Rangers and is determined to defeat the smear campaign being conducted against him.

People keep asking me why I support Charles Green and Imran Ahmad in the Civil War being waged at the club.

My answer is always the same.

I support The Rangers,

However, I think people who bring such sums of money into the club deserve support for that.

And, as I said earlier, who would benefit from removing these people and conducting a media smear campaign against them almost unparalleled in this day and age?

Why would anyone who purportedly loves Rangers have an issue with the club prospering?

Or seek to vilify and remove those who were making it happen?

Bill I spoke with you on the phone last week regarding your comments. I asked you to meet with me in person to discuss and debate the Rangers Situation which you declined. I once again ask you to meet to discuss this situation and for you to show me all the evidence you have to support your posts.

You have my number and look forward to your call.

Brian Bowman

This is what I was getting at away back when Chris had said TRS had seen proof.

I really hope that proof exists, I have a feeling we're going to need it.

It's not needed. Ahmad doesn't seem to be contesting the fact he posted on RM.

He, McMurdo and their few supporters are just deflecting from that behaviour.

The share price has not fallen since McColl went public.

As is the case for any share-holder he's entitled to make his opinions known if he feels his investment is under threat. Just like Blue Pitch did with Easdale, why shouldn't be (and/or the bloc of investors he's supposed to represent) do the same?

He could always post under an alias on here I suppose?

My, fancy that. Good to see the share price has steadied at a post-launch low of 41p. Assuming Green's jibe is accurate, that make McColl's stake worth £1.64. No wonder he's concerned about his investment. Sounds like you're comfortable with Weir's Pumps' owner dictating the makeup of the Rangers board but you seem a little less keen when it's McGill's Buses owners doing so. And if McColl does start an online account, let's hope his anonymity is protected. We wouldn't want any more messy lawsuits launched.

I'd like some evidence to support the claims that he has concluded 67 million pounds worth of commercial deals that will benefit the club

I'd also like some legal/written assurances he was investing money into the club before I start believing anything IA says.

I still think bill has chosen the wrong horse to back here!

(tu)

If what BM is saying, is true...then I am totally confused.

Why would ahmad not just, not sue Rangers and put 500k back in anyway....is this just another power play in the boardroom struggle?

My, fancy that. Good to see the share price has steadied at a post-launch low of 41p. Assuming Green's jibe is accurate, that make McColl's stake worth £1.64. No wonder he's concerned about his investment. Sounds like you're comfortable with Weir's Pumps' owner dictating the makeup of the Rangers board but you seem a little less keen when it's McGill's Buses owners doing so. And if McColl does start an online account, let's hope his anonymity is protected. We wouldn't want any more messy lawsuits launched.

I'm comfortable with anyone acting in the best interests of the club of which there seems to be few. Given I've posted my frustration surrounding this whole farce regularly, it should be pretty clear that I favour no particular party.

And if McColl did want to try and match the ridiculous efforts of Ahmad to post on an internet forum, I'd hope he was similarly criticised. It seems some are comfortable with such behaviour though which I can't explain.

The chap chris graham is quite frankly(nearly wrote frankie there :7325: ) is a nobody in the overall scheme of things , yes it's a fact the only skill he has is writing to make it seem as if he is in the know.

Someone on Rangers Chat said after the meeting last week that fury stood at the back away from the common fan and never off his phone..................now apart from being extremely bad mannered who would he be tweeting/texting to............would like to know that just for the record as Chris has just recently become a regular re Rangers games.

So one side we have Jim McColl, a billionaire who says we're going into administration by Christmas but his money "is not necessary here".

On the other side we have Imran Ahmad, who says he's suing the club for £3.4m so he can “re-invest the money in the club”.

And people are seriously asking me to choose one of these two sides?

Someone wake me up when this farce is over, please.

how much is Jim investing again?

There is such a thing as a Scottish business establishment. McColl, Blin & Murray are fully paid up members. Green & Imran not. One day they will head off back down south with their gains (ill-gotten or not). Jack still has to work up here.

Excuse me...................but mccoll lives in Monaco...............blin has never been a businessman and mini murray has always been an employee apart for a dabble in property development.

You have to feel a wee bit sorry for these bloggers and wannabe media people i think through their own naivety and need to be the guys in the know or first with the scoop they are being being used by either side who see them as nothing more than pawns in a game.

Its a dirty business.

Two questions for Bill:

1. What contracts will result in Rangers getting £67m over the next five years?

2. Does IA intend to 'invest' in the club by donating his 'settlement' back to the club or by using the money to buy more shares for himself on the open market?

(tu)

IF and it's a big IF, he is telling the truth, and he has got us all that money coming in over the next 5-10 years,and he is due a bonus. I could kind of understand why he is angry.

I am not sure I believe any of it though.

If he shows us proof of this 67m AND signs a legally binding document to put any money back into the club ( not buy himself more shares) then would it even change anyones opinion?

I'm comfortable with anyone acting in the best interests of the club of which there seems to be few. Given I've posted my frustration surrounding this whole farce regularly, it should be pretty clear that I favour no particular party.

And if McColl did want to try and match the ridiculous efforts of Ahmad to post on an internet forum, I'd hope he was similarly criticised. It seems some are comfortable with such behaviour though which I can't explain.

Peop-le are still waiting for proof re Ahmad and you may say you want this and that but what you really want is Green and Co out.

1. He has not driven the share price down.

2. He has actually said very little. Hardly a war of words.

3. He is a shareholder as am I. He is under no more obligation than me to invest more money.

4. His money isn't needed right now. This is a battle for shareholder votes not further investment.

5. He is not dictating the composition of the future Board. He is making a proposal which will go to a vote of the shareholders.

1. True, since he spoke out in the media, he hasn't succeeded in forcing the share price down further although he's tried hard to do so.

2. He gave a lengthy interview to the Record in which, having clearly lost his temper at Zeus’ refusal to defy his instructions to slink off quietly, he furiously derided Green and the other “opportunists”. His interview contained a very intemperate reference to existing investors’ country of birth. I would venture he said far too much and has since realised it.

3. He is by all accounts a very minor shareholder. As such, why should his view be given any more credence than, for example, yours?

4. His money would rid the club of the Zeus investors for ever but as he has said repeatedly, he refuses to give Green one penny. He would prefer other shareholders to force them off the board. Will he invest then? He hasn't said so. Would his money be necessary once Zeus depart? He has pledged nothing.

5. He has demanded that two fellow-members of “the Scottish business establishment” (as you put it) join the board immediately. Making a proposal is one way of describing his action, I guess.

what was this illegal behaviour?

A Rangers employee breaching Data Protection by passing on information to Christopher Graham/TRS. If I am registered for online banking with my work email addy, overpaid colleagues of mine are not allowed to tell people my username. I don't agree with Data Pritection laws, but they are indeed laws

If there's even a smidgen of truth in McMurdo's report that law suits are imminent, then maybe it would be wise for the DayGlo fingerless glove wearer to seek legal advice.

His arse might well be making buttons as we speak.

What exactly is Chris Graham supposed to have done that's illegal? For clarity's sake.