*****Official Stranraer 0 v 3 Rangers Match Thread*****

1st_Jan_1994

It's going to be a tougher game than Forfar I think cos SFC are right up for this game and will come out firing

Important for Rangers to get an early goal and knock their confidence straight off the bat

just had a look at their unofficial fans forum which is pretty humourous: lots of negativity towards Rangers with a smattering of positive comments as well. Even one from A wednesday fan who commented on how great RFC fans were in Sheffield the other week.

**We had them down at Hillsborough a few weeks ago. 6000+ turned up for a mid-week friendly. And they behaved impeccably. No trouble before, during or after the game, and a lot of friendly banter between both sets of fans.

In over 40 years watching football at Hillsborough, they were among the best visiting supporters ive seen**

**Rangers supporters travelled the country last season in the third division enjoying their away days to new venues and towns and in the main trouble free according to match commanders from various regions Lets not get into the old tired mud slinging against fans that havent been to Stair Park in 21 years nor have given our club any reason to question their behavour in our past meeting. Enjoy the occasion and hopefully a famous result

Allez Les Galloway Bleus**

Plenty want to have a rant at "bitter" Rangers fans :000000082:

**My biggest hope for the game is a day free from bigotry and our stadium being treated with respect. Would probably make a fair bit of money betting on that in the bookies.Good luck to those who decide to attend**

**A search of 'Rangers fans (insert third division team name) sectarian' shows sectarian singing at a lot of matches. I presume Stranraer FC will ensure this isn't allowed to happen?This was the team that tried to force us out of the leagues and whose fans glory hunting habits have done more harm to our football team than any individuals ever have**

:7325: :7325:

http://www.sfc1870forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=420

Crawford is a central midfielder- an attacking one too- and is wasted by Ally when played wide right. I think Ally needs to play players in their correct positions especially youngsters before we can really judge them. McLeod is struggling likewise when played on the left.

Can't use all our trialists up in the first three games.

Bit of innovation needed, how about the 3,5,2 shape that stuffed the unwashed when they were so convinced they would stuff us.

Gallagher

Faure Cribari Smith

McAusland Mitchell Black McLoed Wallace

McCulloch Mckay/ Stoney

High time we gave our young strikers a go,Little a bit off form so would have him off the bench for jig

About the hour mark.

Hope so mate.... Rangers will be nowhere near my coupon though (tu)

Especially not at 1/9.....no value in rangers at the moment and I'm not confident enough to take a handicap bet! Peterborough and west ham are your stick ons for today and I'd add west brom (win/draw) at just over evens to make your treble!