*****Official Stranraer 0 v 3 Rangers Match Thread*****

1st_Jan_1994

Good to see Shiels in the starting line up, hopefully get another goal today, him, Lewis and Law looked to link up well last week.

Hope Daly gets something too and no injuries please.

4-0 win for Rangers.

If I could have brought myself to bet them I would have taken Celtic at evens.....might put some money on a first goalscorer in our game once the teams are announced but I don't see us scoring too many today! Any win will do though at the moment away from home to build a bit of momentum!

i used to bet on them quite a bit - if they win, at least i make money on it. if they lose/draw, then my weekend is made. diversifying my happiness risk

RANGERS (4-4-1-1): Gallacher; Hegarty, Faure, McCulloch, Wallace; Little, Black, Law, Macleod; Shiels; Daly

SUBS: Smith (GK), Templeton, Aird, Murdoch, Gasparotto, McKay, Crawford

So is Macleod being shunted out onto the left? Or is it more a 4-1-3-1-1? Hegarty is hopeless in general but especially at right back and I personally would have dropped little maybe for McKay or Templeton....

I thought Hegarty wasn't travelling with the squad? Regardless, that team's strong enough to beat Stranraer by a few goals. It'll be an interesting dynamic with Shiels and Daly up top, could compliment each other quite well.

Here's hoping Black continues on from his performances last week too. That was his best game in a Rangers shirt by miles.

seeing little at right mid makes me sad

also what happened to the 4-1-3-2 the players were comfortable with

The 4-4-1-1 was also being used well in pre-season. Daly worked really well up top against Newcastle with Clark in behind. Shiels can only really play in the hole too so I'm happy with this.

seeing little at right mid makes me sad

also what happened to the 4-1-3-2 the players were comfortable with

The formation can easily move into a 4-1-3-2 when we are attacking with Black holding, Shiels pushing up closer to Daly and Little, Law and Macleod pushing forward.