***The Official Rangers v Berwick Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

McKay made the difference the same as he did last year when he used to come off the bench. (tu)

In the 1st half though you could see the difference compared to the Airdrie game ie Nicky Law and Jon Daly not playing tonight.

1st half reminded me of last seasons games. What a difference it's going to make when we have the full team to pick from.

:uk:

Bazza played well when he came on he is still young and learning, thought we were pretty poor but thought the two in the middle did ok. Also for people saying temps was poor i think you have to remember he was coming back from lengthy injury, the talent will always be there as you saw from the goal that should have stood on friday, he was just understandably off the pace

McKays just back from Injury and had less game time than Templeton but shows he has the desire to work his arse off for the team.

If Templeton looked like he could be arsed he would not be criticised so much.

Just reading this thread walking home and I do have to laugh at some posters trying to make an argument that ally making an overdue substitution is some kind if vindication of his managerial ability! :lol:

Wasn't a particularly good performance but you have to say job done....I thought our shape in the first half was all wrong....we had no width or structure and it seemed like we were struggling to make a forward pass successfully....I just don't understand the logic in playing a CB at rb especially when ally goes with this type of midfield where we have no natural width. Templeton and sheils were poor but I thought on the plus side Macleod and black were very good and energetic throughout!

The positives to take from tonight for me was a great wee rendition of Wolverhampton town and a good impact from wee Barrie....but we have to improve our shape and game plan and we can't keep relying on our full backs to provide the width every game!

Although not unexpected the crowd was pretty disappointing tonight! I'm not going to go over the same argument again but whilst there are many fans who can't attend for a variety of reasons I think whilst these illegal stream exist many fans will be lazy and choose not to go which ultimately damages the club long term.....

One of the pleasing aspects in all this are how some of the players that were ' quiet ' last season are starting to come out their shell. Black, who I thought had another good game, we've mentioned. But Fauré is quietly becoming an effective player for us. I thought one of our top players tonite as well as playing well in previous games. Same can be said for Crawford. With the two of them being young , they could become big players for us in a couple of years.

Ian Black what is the difference? He's looked so much better and even tonight without The Law Man he still was one of our best players, is he eating a different breakfast cereal or has he just fully settled at Rangers? Whatever it is its working and I hope he keeps it up :Black:

McKays just back from Injury and had less game time than Templeton but shows he has the desire to work his arse off for the team.

If Templeton looked like he could be arsed he would not be criticised so much.

I think you must be watching a different game to me, Templeton didn't stop running, he just fucked up every time he got the ball, the fact that you are all talking about him shows that he was getting around the pitch but things just weren't hapening. Compare it to Shiels who you hardly saw. The criticism is extremely harsh imo. How exactly can you claim from a 15 minute period in a game that Mckay is more willing to work his ass off?

Ian Black what is the difference? He's looked so much better and even tonight without The Law Man he still was one of our best players, is he eating a different breakfast cereal or has he just fully settled at Rangers? Whatever it is its working and I hope he keeps it up :Black:

I heard he has a bet on him to be man of the match each game he plays :ph34r:

McKay has had more game time, he's had a few games with the youth team to build up his fitness.

Templeton's played more first team games than him and featured in the Friendlies, so that cant be right.

Desire and commitment are something stopping Templeton from being the player he could be.

I think you must be watching a different game to me, Templeton didn't stop running, he just fucked up every time he got the ball, the fact that you are all talking about him shows that he was getting around the pitch but things just weren't hapening. Compare it to Shiels who you hardly saw. The criticism is extremely harsh imo. How exactly can you claim from a 15 minute period in a game that Mckay is more willing to work his ass off?

Yeah I agree....it wasn't a lack of effort from Templeton tonight in fact it may have been the opposite....he just had a bad game where nothing came off...he can be quite a frustrating player at times but our shape (or lack there of) didn't help him tonight! I think he should stay out wide either as part of a front 3 or in a midfield 4....

Yeah I agree....it wasn't a lack of effort from Templeton tonight in fact it may have been the opposite....he just had a bad game where nothing came off...he can be quite a frustrating player at times but our shape (or lack there of) didn't help him tonight! I think he should stay out wide either as part of a front 3 or in a midfield 4....

I don't think he's fully fit yet he put the effort in but he was struggling at times and didnt look match sharp.

He never once tracked his man back but left Black to do all his running, McKay claim is easy and justified.

Poor 1st half,better in the 2nd,scored 2 goals,won the game,now who's next,WATP..........Incidently,there were streams last season and it didn't effect the crowd,;-(

How do you know? Maybe if they didn't exist every game would have been a sell out last year! Regardless I don't think they help put it that way!